keep getting kicked for service communication error

pvtStewypvtStewy Posts: 2Player
Hi all, I used to play this game years ago. After finding it again, i am having an issue. I connect to a server then get the kick for service communication error. What is this an how to fix it?

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,593Beta Tester
    edited February 6
    I'd look at (Windows) firewall settings for AAGame.exe and Punkbuster A and B. (I think?)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • pvtStewypvtStewy Posts: 2Player
    thank you for the help.. i did as suggested but still having the same issue.
    Hmm.

Is your game and PB versions up to date?

You could also try deleting the MyDoc\MyGames\AmericasArmy\AAGame\Config contents and re-starting Steam. Be advised that this will set all your key binds and stuff to default, so consider some back up options.

Also, have you tried verifying your game files in Steam? Library\AAPG > Properties > Local Files .... Verify Integrity of Game Files. (It's normal for two files to need updating)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Wait....hang on...

You are playing Americas Army: Proving Grounds and not AA3, right....?
    ______