Urgent Fury loading video cannot skip

OneEyeTheHardOneEyeTheHard Posts: 52Player
I've seen the Urgent Fury video in the loading screen 3 times now. 2 of those times I was unable to skip the video and had to sit through the whole thing, ultimately making me too late for the first round of the map.

Comments

• LIL-GHOSTLIL-GHOST Posts: 35Player
    I thought it was my internet connection... I have had this exact same problem. Identical
    I've seen the Urgent Fury video in the loading screen 3 times now. 2 of those times I was unable to skip the video and had to sit through the whole thing, ultimately making me too late for the first round of the map.

Every time it happens to me it is when the urgent fury video is on... To be honest though I did not even consider that until I saw your post.
  • DJHaoleDJHaole Posts: 57Player
    They are aware of this bug, it is not intentional for sure and not supposed to work that way.
    Shane Bell
    US: Navy Veteran
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury :: Discord
    www.urgentfury.com
    Came to check in on this issue. Because I've noticed more and more people complaining about it online, PS4 at least.
    edited January 24
    I have already submitted the team and @V_NillaJ saw it happen this weekend at PAX South
    Shane Bell
    Community Manager/CIO
    www.urgentfury.com
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 966Moderator
    as far as i know, its "only" PS4, but if anyone see it on PC its a fairly easy fix.
    Open "Engine.ini" scroll down to "[FullScreenMovie]" locate "LoadMapMovieTitles=Urgent Fury BOOT CAMP", either delete it or comment it out with a semi comma(;)
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 626Player
    People missing out on an entire round due to a loading video, several weeks old, is not acceptable. Where's the hotfix?
    doogle! wrote: »
    People missing out on an entire round due to a loading video, several weeks old, is not acceptable. Where's the hotfix?

Its already in the works
    Shane Bell
    Community Manager/CIO
    www.urgentfury.com
    I'm sure it is, but w/o an actual Dev giving a timeline on it, or more importantly a fix, it's still not acceptable. Since PS4 is best of 11, I get that video and I'm missing out on 1 of the 6 rounds. 20% of the match is complete by the time I load in -.-

• L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 700Player
    frankof wrote: »
    as far as i know, its "only" PS4, but if anyone see it on PC its a fairly easy fix.
    Open "Engine.ini" scroll down to "[FullScreenMovie]" locate "LoadMapMovieTitles=Urgent Fury BOOT CAMP", either delete it or comment it out with a semi comma(;)

No need to delete the lines with video's,
    just set bForceNoMovies=TRUE this will remove the loading screen entirely on pc.
  • V_NillaJV_NillaJ Posts: 17Developer
    @doogle! we have a fix for this; we are working through the approval channels as we speak!
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 631Player
    L0rdDamian wrote: »

just set bForceNoMovies=TRUE this will remove the loading screen entirely on pc.

Obviously he was providing an option that will still present the rest of the videos, as that's a primary purpose of the game existing.
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 700Player

Obviously he was providing an option that will still present the rest of the videos, as that's a primary purpose of the game existing.

True, however the loading times decrease with it off. So most players prob like it better off.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 966Moderator

True, however the loading times decrease with it off. So most players prob like it better off.
    Yeah, 0-3s on my system depending on video, i found it not worth it.
    Its not like that white screen is that much fun to watch
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    The fix is in tomorrow's update. It's the only thing in the update lol.
    The fix is in tomorrow's update. It's the only thing in the update lol.

Thank goodness hahaha
    Shane Bell
    Community Manager/CIO
    www.urgentfury.com
    I saw a Battlegrounds video for the first time today. Has that always been there?
    doogle! wrote: »
    I saw a Battlegrounds video for the first time today. Has that always been there?

It has, came the same time as the UF video
    Shane Bell
    Community Manager/CIO
    www.urgentfury.com