New Weapons, New Challenges?

Hi,

Are there any plans to add challenges to the new weapons? Such as the M17, Scar, etc. If not how will we be able to use different scopes, skins on these weapons? Any timelines to watch for?

Thanks. I really think you are making some great improvements to the game.

Stridefar

Comments

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,009Moderator
    There are plans, no timeline as far as i know(or are allowed to reveal)
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • thanks.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,104Player
    I've had no incentive to use the Scar since I don't like it. So bring on the challenges!
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Godsbullet79Godsbullet79 Posts: 1Player
    edited January 30
    Hello I was wondering with all the new clan battles happening, would you consider adding different factions with each having their own set of special weapons with faction patches? Just a thought not sure if this has been asked prior.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 318Player
    Hello I was wondering with all the new clan battles happening, would you consider adding different factions with each having their own set of special weapons with faction patches? Just a thought not sure if this has been asked prior.

?
    I don't see why clans should get their own personal weapons.

Unit patches were going to be implemented (according to a post by a then-developer) but for whatever reason the devs have decided not to.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • SiNsOfThEDeViLSiNsOfThEDeViL Posts: 106Player
    As far as I know, there is no current information that the challenges will be released for the new weapons. Maybe in the next update, which we don't know the date of, but it should be very soon. All I know is that the new update should fix the shoothouse but as far as I'm concerned no one confirmed that the new update will include challenges for the new weapons.

Whatever you do, you cannot outrun the devil.

Steam
  • V_NillaJV_NillaJ Posts: 50Developer
    Hi,

Are there any plans to add challenges to the new weapons? Such as the M17, Scar, etc. If not how will we be able to use different scopes, skins on these weapons? Any timelines to watch for?

Thanks. I really think you are making some great improvements to the game.

Stridefar

There is a plan! But as stated, we don't have a hard timeline on this. A lot of focus is shifted to AAV currently.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    frankof wrote: »
    There are plans, no timeline as far as i know(or are allowed to reveal)

I reveal everything. The database changes made to allow the SCAR and M17 to have challenges have been pushed to their test server. Once those are live, Kartigan & co. will be able to add the code to trigger those challenges/achievements in game, they'll be tested by Tear's group, and then included in whatever subsequent update. How long all this will take is anyone's guess.