Force class option.

-SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,400Player
edited January 20 in Server Support
TheTots
2 years ago
We have recently gotten a forcelass option working internally and I'm doing the work to get it working for normal server admins as well. Hopefully we get that out in the next update.

https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/6382/force-weapons#latest

I know Tots is not here anymore but will we still get this update if so any idea when.

It will help so much if we get this option we can set up different competitions with different weapons and much more.

Comments

• L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 700Player
    Doubt it, these are things they need to put in aav before releasing it.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,400Player
    TheTots
    2 years ago
    We have recently gotten a forcelass option working internally and I'm doing the work to get it working for normal server admins as well. Hopefully we get that out in the next update.
    I know what he said, but we also know Tots and his promises.
    I am not asking Tots I am asking the new improved Dev's =)
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,496Beta Tester
    Stop ragging on Tots when he's not here to defend himself. That's low class. One of the reasons we DON'T talk about stuff from behind closed doors is so people don't say "YOU LIED!!" when it doesn't happen. It's not Tots' fault what makes it out to public, so cut the personal attacks.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Stop ragging on Tots when he's not here to defend himself. That's low class. One of the reasons we DON'T talk about stuff from behind closed doors is so people don't say "YOU LIED!!" when it doesn't happen. It's not Tots' fault what makes it out to public, so cut the personal attacks.

It's not a personal attack if you line yourself up to get shot at, saying "we don't talk about stuff behind closed doors" is funny to me because it happened multiple times. It's something I hope will not happen on AA5 because it's one of many things that can and will kill a player base for games.

Dev teams now a days need to be careful to what they say publicly, it's not like 20 years ago when the gaming scene was more forgiving. People will boycott and fireback hard thanks to the bigger game companies like EA and many others that did the same thing and never provided. The gaming scene is tired of those actions and it will make the game/company look bad to the public real fast with all their social media tools even if it's not justified.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,496Beta Tester
    edited January 27
    That's interesting.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 480Beta Tester
    I agree that force class would be fun. I really, honestly hope it gets implemented one day. But I'm not going to attack a person, because force class is not in the game, even if given person said it will be. Especially, that is to not a groundbreaking new thing, the game itself is not hurt by the lack of this feature.

You are basically shooting the messenger. Maybe Tots was told, that it will be implemented, and he announced it early, then something happened in the background what we don't know about, and it didn't get implemented. And now you are bashing on the guy, who made the mistake of announcing it early. And unable to defend himself, because he is no longer in the Dev team, and his NDA still holds to reveal what happened.

Am I saying everything is fine, just forget about force class? NO! I'm saying, that you should not use personal attacks, especially not on a guy, who is no longer here and all he did wrong is to give a premature announcement on a feature, which is not essential for the game. I agree, that this was a communication error on side of the Devs, but please, handle this with some sanity and respect for the other person.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 737Player
    Hollywood and Tots are discussing this, at this moment as we speak, please wait.

Over 1.1k Golden Hawkeyes.
    Any chance of getting a answer on this dev's =)
    ?