one idea pay

L.LovettL.Lovett Posts: 50Player
edited January 11 in General Discussion
hi dev and beta tester and all Mod .I just come up one ide in my head .got an idea why not make the game free to all SMA and beta tester. those who are banned or who register a new account for america army may pay and those who have bannand account must buy america army how does this sound? would you do this? just one idea in my head.)
pay
  1. free for SMA and Beta tester18 votes
    1. yes pay
      33.33%
    2. No pay
      66.67%

8 Year in service
400 XP
Unlocked Apr 17, 2015 @ 19:39
Member since April 17, 2007.

Comments

• frankoffrankof Posts: 942Moderator
    There will never be any sort of payment for players to play the game.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 602Player
    What's so special about sma's?
    AAPG is good!
  • L.LovettL.Lovett Posts: 50Player
    Flatlander wrote: »
    becouse they have play longer any us like 4500 H or 5000 H and thats why.)

8 Year in service
    400 XP
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 170Player

I said the same thing about Beta Testers....
    35d2uec.png
  • L.LovettL.Lovett Posts: 50Player

because they are already approved for america army

8 Year in service
    400 XP
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 693Player
    L.Lovett wrote: »

Wut?, I was already SMA after 900 hours. So don't know where you get 4500 hours from.

Also, putting a payment on the game is the same as closing all services for the game.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 300Player
    hi dev and beta tester and all Mod .I just come up one ide in my head .got an idea why not make the game free to all SMA and beta tester. those who are banned or who register a new account for america army may pay and those who have bannand account must buy america army how does this sound? would you do this? just one idea in my head.)

This game serves as a recruitment/promotion tool for the army. People are far less likely to bother picking up this title (especially when there are better, more complete options) if they have to pay for it.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg

You should try to play the game instead of spectating......
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 693Player
    frankof wrote: »

R.I.P.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 602Player
    L0rdDamian wrote: »

R.I.P.

r/murderedbywords
    AAPG is good!
  • H.E.A.T.H.E.A.T. Posts: 103Player

R.I.P.

r/murderedbywords
    hahahah =)

• Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 314Beta Tester
    I believe Mr. Lovett is suggesting that those who have been banned or have multiple accounts are more likely to move on to other games if they are forced to pay for this one.
    Although I see the merit in his idea I know it will not happen. America's Army will continue to promote the 7 Army Values; Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage. These are the guiding principles in the actions and conduct of every member of the U.S. Army. Obviously if a player has done something severe enough to be banned then that player does not meet these values.
    556127a3323e2cfd0355aaa34b6e0b63-full.jpg
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,379Player
    The useless pickup when a enemy is there should be charged £1 per time if it was I would be a millionaire now =)
    Please add a tap out key dev's to stop this.
    Setbind "LeftMouseButton" "withdraw"

ss_4_frankof.png
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 624Player
    Setbind "LeftMouseButton" "withdraw"

Ha.

In all seriousness, with the delay on that command, it may not help someone avoid a bad revive. It's also a permanent solution to a temporary problem.
    oh comeon all you know this at L.Lovett are me and i can say at this are good if you can do it becouse at the hacker and yes thanks Duke_Audi i mean it becouse they can get other or new account in here so why do they hack in the free game whit friends and i know alot of my friends stop to play this when they see hackers.its sad but why are the game free for??
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 624Player
    H.E.A.T. wrote: »
    oh comeon all you know this at L.Lovett are me and i can say at this are good if you can do it becouse at the hacker and yes thanks Duke_Audi i mean it becouse they can get other or new account in here so why do they hack in the free game whit friends and i know alot of my friends stop to play this when they see hackers.its sad but why are the game free for??

Because it's a promotional tool for the United States Army.

The primary goal is to get as many people as possible to play it and see the Army videos and messaging within, and you typically don't charge people so you can advertise to them.

I'm not sure if there's a legal prohibition from them charging for it. I'm curious about something Whiplash said: If there were a nominal charge for the game, even like $5, would that potentially draw more people in over a free-to-play model? Would it at least motivate Steam to promote it if they could profit from it?

That said, I doubt a $5 charge would deter many, or even any, hackers from making a new account. Some would say CSGO had a hacking problem because the game was so cheap, and it was $15 at the time. Of course it's also significantly more popular than this game.
    H.E.A.T. wrote: »

Because it's a promotional tool for the United States Army.

The primary goal is to get as many people as possible to play it and see the Army videos and messaging within, and you typically don't charge people so you can advertise to them.

I'm not sure if there's a legal prohibition from them charging for it. I'm curious about something Whiplash said: If there were a nominal charge for the game, even like $5, would that potentially draw more people in over a free-to-play model? Would it at least motivate Steam to promote it if they could profit from it?

That said, I doubt a $5 charge would deter many, or even any, hackers from making a new account. Some would say CSGO had a hacking problem because the game was so cheap, and it was $15 at the time. Of course it's also significantly more popular than this game.
    HI sir do you know how meany kids play this game??and try to hack in ddos,i know what you meaning but its time ti get this higher becouse when i read the rouls at info its for 16 years old but its kids how playing and hacks i try to day whit someone kids and he killd me over end over again.this is stop for the kids plz understand me i can be 6 or 7 years old and play and get the hacks but im 51 the 20 jan if you see what point i mean i play black hack down and ther you need to pay and this game are older any aa sir forgive me.this game rouls other game so you know it.but why not pay for the game like 1 doller
    do kids have it??no they dont have it if they dont hacks in the account at mother and father bank account but what ever i did try my best to changes the game.)at the will run like fine.see you soon in the game.)

Wut?, I was already SMA after 900 hours. So don't know where you get 4500 hours from.

Also, putting a payment on the game is the same as closing all services for the game.
    need to say something about this so how can you do that in 900 H i think you play all days and night like me or??but this sma takes me 1 year and 4 mon to take sma and i play every day and thats why ppl knows me when i was new they told me what i should do i cant get it 900 H to be SMA yeee sure buddy

• vDropvDrop Posts: 26Beta Tester
    Americas Army has always been free, and will always be free. Whether its a paid or free game, there will always be people attempting to hack it. Welcome to PC Gaming.