Porting UE3 to Unreal Engine 4

Transfering to Engine 4 by community support?
Community support working on UT4 very well!
Most of bugs and technical fail fixed Under UT4 engine.
I thing the aapg with modern features will be more popular.

Comments

• PredictionPrediction Posts: 120Player
    Considering the video is only 5minutes long does that mean it would only take the DEVs 5 minutes to port AAPG over haha lets do it!!!
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,080Player
    I believe a long time ago the Devs said it would take a least a year to port the game to UE4.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,566Player
    A year or two is nothing ;)
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    edited January 2018
    The game should have been ported to UE4 a long time ago. Right after they released 1.0 they should have started doing it. It hasn't averaged more than 500 players in months and over 1000 players only a couple times in its history. I'm honestly not sure what further development on the current engine will accomplish.
  • =]TLMC[=Zbo`=]TLMC[=Zbo` Posts: 4Player
    I just like to reflecting if the game work under UE4 ,some fun can help to support/improve this lovely game :)
    Other idea,i can and like to pay for this game if i get better quality...
    I don`t know what are they missing?Money or more people new management...
  • [LS]Khaner[LS]Khaner Posts: 25Player
    Yes
    image.png 64.8K
    edited February 2018
    " wrote:
    TLMC[=Zbo`;58795"]I just like to reflecting if the game work under UE4 ,some fun can help to support/improve this lovely game :)

UE4 would probably bring some improvements. At the very least it would bring a new engine and that alone would make people try the game. However, in the current state, there's still something about the game that doesn't get large amounts of people to stay around. The development team needs to figure out what that is and change the game accordingly.

The monetary thing is an issue. The Army isn't allowed to charge for the game. I've asked this question a few times. It's a funny thing, because I also am of the opinion that charging for a game = more players these days. Steam is more likely to promote your game if they're going to get profit from it. Heck, I'd even accept a situation where you have to pay $5 for the game and Steam gets 100% of the profit if that leads to better promotion. Unfortunately, that doesn't really do much to help the dev team get more resources.

I tend to waiver back and forth, but I think that the only thing that will ever make another AA game popular again is if they take a good hard look at the original America's Army and do a faithful but more modern remake. AAPG, especially in its early form was too far away from that. AA3 wasn't that either. Of course, that's all great, but let's be honest, the main demographic that this game should appeal to are 16-18 year old kids, not 30+ year olds who grew up with the original. So it has to be appealing to them and also fulfill the main requirements of a modern shooter -> Competitive ready and Stream friendly. Even still, there's a lot of competition right now. There's of course PUBG-mania. Then in the tactical shooter segment you still have to deal with CS. If you're looking for a game that's slower paced/more similar to AA, there's Rainbow 6 Siege which has become very popular. Also, apparently Insurgency is rebooting soon as well. Lots to compete with.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 637Player
    Whiplash, you make a very good point about AAPG being free. Typically, F2P are fun for about 2 hours.

My opinion is the community size will never improve beyond a few percentages up and down every month. The only thing would be to blow it up and try again.....AA5 in UE4. Then invest money in marketing. Then don't waste dev time tweaking this and that and this...once you're happy with the core of the game (netcode, hit boxes, etc), focus 90% of work on creating content based on community feedback.
  • [LS]Khaner[LS]Khaner Posts: 25Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    " wrote:
    TLMC[=Zbo`;58795"]I just like to reflecting if the game work under UE4 ,some fun can help to support/improve this lovely game :)

UE4 would probably bring some improvements. At the very least it would bring a new engine and that alone would make people try the game. However, in the current state, there's still something about the game that doesn't get large amounts of people to stay around. The development team needs to figure out what that is and change the game accordingly.

The monetary thing is an issue. The Army isn't allowed to charge for the game. I've asked this question a few times. It's a funny thing, because I also am of the opinion that charging for a game = more players these days. Steam is more likely to promote your game if they're going to get profit from it. Heck, I'd even accept a situation where you have to pay $5 for the game and Steam gets 100% of the profit if that leads to better promotion. Unfortunately, that doesn't really do much to help the dev team get more resources.

I tend to waiver back and forth, but I think that the only thing that will ever make another AA game popular again is if they take a good hard look at the original America's Army and do a faithful but more modern remake. AAPG, especially in its early form was too far away from that. AA3 wasn't that either. Of course, that's all great, but let's be honest, the main demographic that this game should appeal to are 16-18 year old kids, not 30+ year olds who grew up with the original. So it has to be appealing to them and also fulfill the main requirements of a modern shooter -> Competitive ready and Stream friendly. Even still, there's a lot of competition right now. There's of course PUBG-mania. Then in the tactical shooter segment you still have to deal with CS. If you're looking for a game that's slower paced/more similar to AA, there's Rainbow 6 Siege which has become very popular. Also, apparently Insurgency is rebooting soon as well. Lots to compete with.

I would be completly fine with a donation page on the website, I mean the devs deserve it for keeping this game going!
  • ={101st}=MrCris={101st}=MrCris Posts: 3Player
    And a year latter here we're creating more UDK3 content!
    And a year latter here we're creating more UDK3 content!

Well, AA5 will be on UE4. Until then all of us plebs will continue to make maps on UDK and the devs will release their occasional updates for this game. It's still a shame that we've heard nothing about a mapping contest considering how many UMMs could potentially help bolster the map pack in this game. When 70-75% of your games are on Inner Hospital there's definitely a need for more maps to try to get something that people will like.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 617Player
    People left are inner addicts. With luck you keep the server half full on uptown. That's it. Noone will play new custom maps, even if they are official.
    AAPG is good!
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 955Player
    Flatlander wrote: »
    People left are inner addicts. With luck you keep the server half full on uptown. That's it. Noone will play new custom maps, even if they are official.

Really?
    We seem to be able to get a full server almost every night and sometimes overflow .
    Only umms .

Really?
    We seem to be able to get a full server almost every night and sometimes overflow .
    Only umms .

I dont count you umm lovers and the bridge people to the "normal" AA population :D
    AAPG is good!
    edited January 8
    if variety is the spice of life ( let it rain umms) lmao =)
    anyway what is normal.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 624Player

I dont count you umm lovers and the bridge people to the "normal" AA population :D

well us umm lovers and makers were the 1st ones to bring aa2 maps back , after the tots said it couldn't be done and aapg would never have aa2 maps , so maybe its the inner guys who hide behind corners that aren't normal

I respect your work, don't get me wrong. I even would play umms if it wasn't pain in the rear to install them all and keep them up to date.
    AAPG is good!
    why thanks flat .... we try to keep updates to our servers to a minimum . but when needs must we also try to keep disruption and/or mismatches to minimum too . but the way steam and aapg sync sometimes its difficult .
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,530Beta Tester
    The question is whether there will be any user generated content in AA5.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.