Lag on severs and PS4 anyone else?

xBEMx_FoxxxBEMx_Foxx Posts: 17Player
I have been really laggy lately but it only started after the Sony update to there systems and it is really making AA:PG no fun to play so if you guys could fix it or if anyone else has something else leave it here.

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,470Beta Tester
    What do you think lag is caused by?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 700Player
    How would they fix a Sony Service related issue, after all it's after Sony gave you an update.
  • jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 48Player
    edited January 7
    No lag as of this morning.
    This might sound like I'm pointing out something simple, but watch your ping. When I play with others from the other coast, my ping will increase by by 50-100.
  • PredictionPrediction Posts: 120Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »

Lag can be caused by a few different factors.

Hardware related
    Network related
    Server related

But I really believe that most of the "LAG" that I experience in AAPG is due to poor character animations and suppression effects. [TOS Violation] half the time I am being shot at by an army character that has 1 arm over his eyes or he is looking in a totally different direction.

And the famous one is where on your screen a head just pops out and your dead and you know that they probably been staring at you on their screen for a few seconds before they shot it just never made it to my screen until it was too late.
    edited January 8
    Prediction, you described three possible reasons and then blamed the game for it. You aren't describing an animation issue, but a network issue, which you already outlined!

One issue I HAVE noticed however are the screen draw spikes and I think we've gone back to the prior 'garbage collection' issue from two or three years ago. I've died quite often in the last 6 or 8 months with my screen frozen and not taking mouse input. :(

Don't know if that happens on PS4. Does it?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • xBEMx_FoxxxBEMx_Foxx Posts: 17Player

well I am center of the USA so I use east coast and west coast servers easily and I restarted the router multiple times and it didn't help and I have great wifi usually but something since the update on everything it got a junky signal from the game it could just be a bug for me and my friends it isn't just me experience this. so what do u guys think?
    Prediction, you described three possible reasons and then blamed the game for it. You aren't describing an animation issue, but a network issue, which you already outlined!

One issue I HAVE noticed however are the screen draw spikes and I think we've gone back to the prior 'garbage collection' issue from two or three years ago. I've died quite often in the last 6 or 8 months with my screen frozen and not taking mouse input. :(

Don't know if that happens on PS4. Does it?

Your response to OP added no value and sounded very witty and it came off like you were blaming his network for the lag he is describing. So I simply gave other possible reasons for lag and then stated that most of my issues with the game is caused by animation flaws for one reason or another which also can easily get mistaken for lag, hence the reason I put the word LAG in quotes.

Where I may be wrong is I don't consider slow clunky animations as a network issue but more of a rendering\graphics issue.
    Under what circumstance does animation affect game play? I have no idea what you're talking about. The only way animation is related to 'lag' is if the server doesn't draw a playerstate due to latency. Yes...I was blaming his network, at least as a possible (probable!) culprit.
    ______

• jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 48Player
    Under what circumstance does animation affect game play? I have no idea what you're talking about. The only way animation is related to 'lag' is if the server doesn't draw a playerstate due to latency. Yes...I was blaming his network, at least as a possible (probable!) culprit.

Sometimes on Homestead, when there are a lot of shake and foilage around it will "lag". All I do is look at my feet for a few seconds and I'm good.
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 700Player
    jgvn11 wrote: »

Sometimes on Homestead, when there are a lot of shake and foilage around it will "lag". All I do is look at my feet for a few seconds and I'm good.

I agree on this one, on homestead my fps drops to 90 from 120/130 on most maps. The new map weirdly gives me 280+ fps. They could polish some of the maps by starting removing those easter eggs under the ground no one cares about, like homestead has this hole you can drop in. Intercept has a dragon under bell tower, al things we as players don't care about.
  • DJHaoleDJHaole Posts: 55Player

L0rdDamian wrote: »

I agree on this one, on homestead my fps drops to 90 from 120/130 on most maps. The new map weirdly gives me 280+ fps. They could polish some of the maps by starting removing those easter eggs under the ground no one cares about, like homestead has this hole you can drop in. Intercept has a dragon under bell tower, al things we as players don't care about.

This has been reported to the team... we did try to replicate it to provide video, so if you capture any let me know we could use it.
    Shane Bell
    US: Navy Veteran
    Community Manager/CIO
    Urgent Fury :: Discord
    www.urgentfury.com

I know I am not explaining myself very clearly but for the sake of simplicity there is a difference between Frame loss and Lag but both can be mistaken for each other, however, frame loss is caused mostly by poorly optimized graphics\animations so even a video card such as mine which is the 1070 struggles to process it at times where my screen becomes jittery. When I run the big time games such as COD4 or PUBG or CSGO I am not saying they are perfect but I don't have the same frame loss.

Also I know this could be simply because of the game engine AAPG is on but we were talking about lag and I was simply trying to say that it may not be related to the network at all but could be related to the game not running well on the PS4 due to the above reasons.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 611Player
    You guys don't know anything compared to his royal betaness
    Prediction wrote: »

I know I am not explaining myself very clearly but for the sake of simplicity there is a difference between Frame loss and Lag but both can be mistaken for each other, however, frame loss is caused mostly by poorly optimized graphics\animations so even a video card such as mine which is the 1070 struggles to process it at times where my screen becomes jittery.

I agree there's two often confused issues.

I do think @doogle! has some advice on that, and forgot to add it amid the heady rush of keyboardicus ad hominitus.
    ______

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 611Player
    Na, just surprised at your ability to keep this up over the long haul. It's actually impressive, Tots.

Just because someone disagrees with you, doesn't make them wrong. And you cannot possibly be the expert on everything. The word "lag" commonly refers to network latency, yes. But reading between the lines a bit, it's pretty easy to figure out when someone is complaining about hardware performance. Which in the case of the consoles, equates to poor optimization considering the hardware is all the same (versus the PC and it's various sets of specs).

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 731Player
    edited January 12
    In case of doubt just ask our Amazon friend: Alexa.

Over 1.1k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 89Player
    xBEMx_Foxx wrote: »

well I am center of the USA so I use east coast and west coast servers easily and I restarted the router multiple times and it didn't help and I have great wifi usually but something since the update on everything it got a junky signal from the game it could just be a bug for me and my friends it isn't just me experience this. so what do u guys think?

Direct connect. Dont trust wifi.