hitmarkers, points?

x_CaLm_xx_CaLm_x Posts: 1Player
What do y’all think about hitmarkers or points showing up every hit or kill???

Comments

• Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 639Player
    x_CaLm_x wrote: »
    What do y’all think about hitmarkers or points showing up every hit or kill???

The game used to have hit markers back in Open Beta, I believe. They were correctly removed.

The cons outweigh the pros, and I believe they were clientside anyway, so even if it showed a hit on screen, there's no guarantee that the server agreed. Plus it defeats the purpose of smoke if someone can just spam into it and know if they're hitting someone.

I believe points used to show up for every little thing, but that was either an option or went away with the points revamp? I don't see it being necessary.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 521Beta Tester
    @Hey.I.Have.A.Gun is right. Hitmarkers were part of the open Beta, but they were removed. I think the even showed up, when you hit someone through a wall. They were indeed client-side (as far as I remember) but as most servers are clients side hit detection anyway, this was not a huge deal. (I think hitmarkers were removed before server side hit detection came out.)

I think it is good that scoring is not displayed anymore, but this has issues as well. Currently there is no in-game way of telling why you got how many points. The only way of knowing is the official Steam guide about XP: link.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.