Team killing and flashing.

Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 89Player
edited January 1 in PS4
There needs to be stricter consequences to prevent people from being idiots.

Eg :Reduction in rank for team killing on purpose , banned from playing in any server for 20 minutes for intentionaly flashing a team mate.

Penalizing point greedy people for healing team mates before a sector is cleared and safe.

Comments

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 607Player
    First we need a neurolink so the game "sees" what you was thinking in the second you threw the flash. But don't bet on it, devs are a bit slow with implementing the good stuff.
    AAPG is good!
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 631Player
    There needs to be stricter consequences to prevent people from being idiots.

Eg :Reduction in rank for team killing on purpose , banned from playing in any server for 20 minutes for intentionaly flashing a team mate.

Penalizing point greedy people for healing team mates in before a sector is cleared and safe.

Some kind of penalty, or at least not giving points, for reviving a teammate who doesn't survive __ seconds post-revive makes sense to me.
    Flatlander wrote: »
    First we need a neurolink so the game "sees" what you was thinking in the second you threw the flash. But don't bet on it, devs are a bit slow with implementing the good stuff.

This is the problem. How do you automatically "detect" intent? You can't.

Obviously an admin watching can make these judgments, but I'm not sure how you program the game to know whether you intentionally flashed a teammate or just missed. How blind can a teammate get before it's deemed to be intentional? Did I shoot a teammate point-blank because I wanted to, or because he ran into my fire?

It's a position that sounds good but isn't realistic.

Incidentally cases like this are why I think the changes made to ROE were a mistake. You can't defend yourself. If a teammate's chasing me around with flashes, he's fine because they don't do damage. If I try to shoot him to defend myself, I can't even kill him, and the game kills me. Broken system, I think, but there's no perfect solution.