Replace relay with quick chat?

LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 304Player
The relay feature - which gives your current position to your team, seems kinda useless.

I think it should be improved to feature a quick chat, this would allow players to relay info, and request support from their team. Below is a list of several commands/requests a player could make.
  1. SITREP - This gives your team a status report on your health, and location. Basically, this what the current feature on the left-arrow does.
  2. REQUEST Backup - this sends a message to your team, calling for help. For a brief period of time your chevron would flash to alert team-mates that you've requested help.
  3. REPORT Enemy Location/Direction - this alerts the team which direction the enemies are coming from, the direction given is based on what compass direction the player is facing. For ex, if you're facing the west side of the map, the report might say "Enemies, to the West!"
  4. REQUEST Revive - This reminds your team-mates that you're down and in need of a revive.
  5. Defend/Attack - Tell your team to defend/attack the objective.

You could attach a hotkey for one of the commands from the Soldier Menu. This would allow you to use the command by tapping the left-arrow, and you could access the whole menu by holding down the left-arrow.
Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg

Comments

• Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 631Player
    AA2 used to have radio commands including things like "get the door" or "report in" or "enemy spotted" among many others. Of course there was no in-game VOIP either.

If something like this could be implemented without causing any controller issues, I think it could be worthwhile. Perhaps by having the existing "report in" button instead open a small menu where you hit a second button to select the command.

As far as your examples go, I like the first two, but I think enemy call outs are better accomplished over VOIP as is coordinating an objective play. I feel like "revive me" would be overused.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 606Player
    You even could use Microsofts voice recognition for that aa2 commands. Neighbors looked wierd at me at that time :)
    AAPG is good!
  • Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 82Player
    Why not just use a mic and communicate with your team mates?

You see something, call it out.

The real problem is that very few players have situational awareness. If everyone had a headset communication would be better.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 304Player

The real problem is that very few players have situational awareness. If everyone had a headset communication would be better.

That's besides the point. Not everyone wants to use their mic in every match they play, nor does everyone have a mic to use.

I do agree that the lack of awareness and attention to detail is what's keeping many players from performing well, but when you have these traits you would have little use for a head-set.

P0asKE2.jpg
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,394Player
    My grandma was slow but she was old
    This is what I want to see back =)
  • Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 82Player

That's besides the point. Not everyone wants to use their mic in every match they play, nor does everyone have a mic to use.

I do agree that the lack of awareness and attention to detail is what's keeping many players from performing well, but when you have these traits you would have little use for a head-set.

I disagree.

This is a team based tactical no respawning game, it requires communication and teamwork. Running around like forest gump is for rookies. If you dont use a gaming headset like a playstation gold for example, you are hurting yourself and the team.

Playing without a headset is like having a blindfold on. LOL
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 304Player

I disagree.

This is a team based tactical no respawning game, it requires communication and teamwork. Running around like forest gump is for rookies. If you dont use a gaming headset like a playstation gold for example, you are hurting yourself and the team.

Playing without a headset is like having a blindfold on. LOL

This is a team based tactical no respawning game, but it doesn't require communication because it already provides plenty of that in-game. The problem is that people are not listening and paying attention to what's going on.

Being a true and useful asset to your team means being able to have high-awareness and a sense of what ought to be done without being told so. You have a mini-map, and you're given the location of your team-mates in real-time. Enemies also appear on the map when they shoot. I shouldn't have to tell you where the enemy fire is coming from when you can clearly get that info by looking at your mini-map, or by using your ears.

I shouldn't have to hold your hand and walk you through everything you need to do each round as these are just regular public matches we're talking about - nothing special.

P0asKE2.jpg