Here's an idea....

Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 79Player
I'd like to play with similar skilled players on my team once in awhile.

What if.....

Every time you logged in, you had to run a quick obstacle course 30 seconds seconds to 1 min long where you jump through some windows, shoot some targets , moving from one end of map to an extraction point ect. Based on your time to complete, you are grouped with people who put up similar times.

Hmmm.

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,465Beta Tester
    You at this again....?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 469Beta Tester
    ...So a good player could intentionally do a bad score, get placed along bad players and get a bunch of kills. A system put in a game should not be as easily exploitable.

Also, any kind of skill/whatnot based matchmaking needs active players. I don't know the numbers and queue times on PS4. But as a very basic rule of thumb, if you divide people into 10 equally sized categories, you will increase the queue time to 10x.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 960Moderator
    Another idea, as, apparently the PS4 players are to easy for you, get a PC, the game is old and dont take much of a PC to surpass PS4 performance, i have a few players i could introduce you to that will give you a challenge..
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 79Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    You at this again....?

Lol. You too?

Would be nice if 80% of the room wasn't privates is all I'm sayin.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 631Player
    You at this again....?

Lol. You too?

If 80% of the room is privates, you should be having a pretty easy time only having to worry about one or two players on the other team.
  • jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 48Player
    You at this again....?

Lol. You too?

If 80% of the room is privates, you should be having a pretty easy time only having to worry about one or two players on the other team.

That is his point. He wants more difficulty against, and better teamwork with.
    jgvn11 wrote: »
    You at this again....?

Lol. You too?

Exactly.

What happened to the good old days when there was teamwork and communication? I miss tactical gameplay.

Trump needs to build a wall in game.
    You at this again....?

Lol. You too?

If it was so easy, I'd expect his stats to be better, to be honest.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 469Beta Tester
    edited December 2018
    If you really want tactical gameplay, find a clan/group and play with them. Honestly, this is the only reliable solution. Yes, it takes time and effort to do so, but I really see no other way - not in AAPG and not in any other game.

You can't force people to work as a team or to communicate. Look at CS:GO: they hava a big enough playerbase and everything to support proper skill-based matchmaking. Open up a CS:GO stream on twitch, where people are playing without friends/their group. Even on very high levels, people will be toxic, they will hunt kills, and do a lot of things, which go against teamwork.
    The only game I can think of, which rates player behavior is CS:GO. It's called "Trust Factor", it seems to be working to some degree (I don't play CS:GO, I just follow the news), but it is not perfect either. The details of the system are kept as a secret by Valve, so players cannot exploit it as easily.

But you can find similar issues in most games: R6S, LoL, etc. You can not force random people to work as a team. If you want a real solution, you should find people you like playing with/against and use private lobbies. Does it take time and effort? Definitely. It is worth it? Depends on how badly you want to play against decent players while having a decent team.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
    LOL.

I'd love to see your stats.

You at this again....?

Lol. You too?

If you really want tactical gameplay, find a clan/group and play with them. Honestly, this is the only reliable solution. Yes, it takes time and effort to do so, but I really see no other way - not in AAPG and not in any other game.

You can't force people to work as a team or to communicate. Look at CS:GO: they hava a big enough playerbase and everything to support proper skill-based matchmaking. Open up a CS:GO stream on twitch, where people are playing without friends/their group. Even on very high levels, people will be toxic, they will hunt kills, and do a lot of things, which go against teamwork.
    The only game I can think of, which rates player behavior is CS:GO. It's called "Trust Factor", it seems to be working to some degree (I don't play CS:GO, I just follow the news), but it is not perfect either. The details of the system are kept as a secret by Valve, so players cannot exploit it as easily.

But you can find similar issues in most games: R6S, LoL, etc. You can not force random people to work as a team. If you want a real solution, you should find people you like playing with/against and use private lobbies. Does it take time and effort? Definitely. It is worth it? Depends on how badly you want to play against decent players while having a decent team.

I agree.
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 638Administrator
    Get the game on PC Montana. You will find what your looking for there. I personally do not see a filter for skill or rank in this game coming out in my opinion. There are many reasons why but I think threw other posts from others and posts in you past other 2 threads about the same topic you can figure out why this will likely not happen.
    edited December 2018
    LOL.

You at this again....?

Lol. You too?

https://www.americasarmy.com/soldier/Hey.I.Have.A.Gun

You can go into a person's forum profile and then click on their username. So long as they use the same account for both forum and game, you'll see their stats.

If it's PS4 and they linked their PS4 account to their forum account, you can click over to that tab.
    LOL.

You at this again....?

Lol. You too?

You can go into a person's forum profile and then click on their username. So long as they use the same account for both forum and game, you'll see their stats.

If it's PS4 and they linked their PS4 account to their forum account, you can click over to that tab.

You look pretty new to the game and these are PC stats. Check your stats out @ aastats.com

Get the game on PC Montana. You will find what your looking for there. I personally do not see a filter for skill or rank in this game coming out in my opinion. There are many reasons why but I think threw other posts from others and posts in you past other 2 threads about the same topic you can figure out why this will likely not happen.

Yea... been thinking of switching to PC for awhile.

I agree
    LOL.

You at this again....?

Lol. You too?

You look pretty new to the game and these are PC stats. Check your stats out @ aastats.com

lol. Clueless.
    edited December 2018
    LOL.

You at this again....?

Lol. You too?

lol. Clueless.

184.66 hours played. Yes you are fairly new to the game kiddo. CPL-II

You dont even have 1/4 the time that I've played. Your stats are PC stats and you are in the ps4 section of the forums so ya....
    edited December 2018
    LOL.

You at this again....?

Lol. You too?

lol. Clueless.

184.66 hours played. Yes you are fairly new to the game kiddo. CPL-II

You dont even have 1/4 the time that I've played. Your stats are PC stats and you are in the ps4 section of the forums so ya....

Thanks for reinforcing my point.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,465Beta Tester
    LOL
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Ok CPL-II.

LOL. Show them ps4 stats like I asked.