Steam "View Game Info" on Friend's List?!

Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,469Beta Tester
Anyone else notice the View Game Info option is gone so you can't tell what server your buddy is on?!

I know the Join feature has been wonky for a while, but now it doesn't seem to report where everyone is in the server universe! :(

Did they hide it somewhere?
______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.

Comments

• -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 729Player
    Anyone else notice the View Game Info option is gone so you can't tell what server your buddy is on?!

I know the Join feature has been wonky for a while, but now it doesn't seem to report where everyone is in the server universe! :(

Did they hide it somewhere?

It works but not 100%. If you have the game opened you have to check it with steam overlay while having game window opened. If you're not running the game yet you can check it normally. At least thats how it works for me.

Over 1.1k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,469Beta Tester
    Overlay? I've never used it. Always have clicked on the Friend name in the regular Friend's List, and "View Game Info" was there. :(
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 631Player
    I'm pretty sure it was working for me earlier today.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,394Player
    Works ok for me
    bDavzlO.png
    edited December 2018
    Mine doesn't have that option anymore for AAPG and I have no idea why! I'm looking everywhere to see if it's something I clicked OFF. :(
    ______

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,394Player
    What's your default browser I was using IE11 and it didn't work well with steam ingame so I switch default browser to google chrome and all worked well not sure why but it worked.
    Been using Firefox for a few years now. Suddenly no View Game Info.

:shrug:
    ______

I solved this by going back to the old Steam UI for chat/friends by editing the desktop shortcut with these startup params:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -steamos -nofriendsui
    ______