New Mapping Contest?

Comments

• ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,082Player
    Bump
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    Don't mean to be a pest, but is this competition going to happen? I'd even be fine with "it's in the plans, but not until early next year" or something.
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 668Administrator
    Well I know they have been busy with the PS4 release then the PC and some bugs. However I would love to see this happen soon. Maybe we can ask if this could be shortly in the new year plan?
    Going to bump this again since Hollywood said at some point that they were considering doing a mapping contest. Any update on whether it will actually happen?
  • -=[USA]=-rubberboot-ACI--=[USA]=-rubberboot-ACI- Posts: 126Beta Tester
    Going to bump this again since Hollywood said at some point that they were considering doing a mapping contest. Any update on whether it will actually happen?

i think it should be "Build a Better Bridge..." if they are going to do a contest :)
    edited December 2018

i think it should be "Build a Better Bridge..." if they are going to do a contest :)

Do you want me to vomit now or later? :p

I still say just make it an open contest with no constraints except 3rd party pay-to-win stuff. If you're going to model create your own. Let people submit whatever they want.
  • -=[USA]=-rubberboot-ACI--=[USA]=-rubberboot-ACI- Posts: 126Beta Tester

Do you want me to vomit now or later? :p

I still say just make it an open contest with no constraints except 3rd party pay-to-win stuff. If you're going to model create your own. Let people submit whatever they want.

thats just it, i know i cant model a map... thats why i said a BETTER bridge. vomit all you want, but you may want to find a bucket. :p
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,411Player
    I hate bridge but Bridge SE was good it had a tunnel under it so it made it possible to run the flag would not mind seeing that back.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 637Player
    river basin with some additional cover (buildings), and no stupid foliage (cabin fever), would be a cool take and hold map.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 632Player
    doogle! wrote: »
    river basin with some additional cover (buildings), and no stupid foliage (cabin fever), would be a cool take and hold map.

Radio Tower matches were fun, but they were almost entirely contained to the B tunnel system, so most of the map was "wasted." I have no idea how it played pubbing as I don't think I played it much outside of competition.
    I hate bridge but Bridge SE was good it had a tunnel under it so it made it possible to run the flag would not mind seeing that back.

I liked Bridge SE over Bridge for the same reason. I also liked Weapons Cache SE for matches. My team had a pretty solid tertiary camp and could often catch a free kill because we weren't expected to be there.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,532Beta Tester
    I used to hate River Basin, but then I didn't know how to play video games back in my thirties... :s
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I used to hate River Basin, but then I didn't know how to play video games back in my thirties... :s

I know I played matches on it, but I don't remember anything specific about it. I don't think it was one of my favorite maps. I've always been more partial to CQB type maps. Maps like SF Hospital, SF CSAR, Pipeline and Urban Assault.
    I remember it (16 years ago!!!) as open foggy rolling land with a few trucks and buildings?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    I remember it (16 years ago!!!) as open foggy rolling land with a few trucks and buildings?

Yeah, that's about as specific as I can get. I think maybe there was a pond or two?
  • jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 51Player

Correct.
    I used to greatly change up my display settings and get rid f the fog. Made tournaments easier lol
    River Basin was awful on matches as was any outdoor map with fog. People had so many tweaks for fog that it just turned the game into a war of whoever had the best fog tweaks. You'd then get shot from well out beyond the fog and wonder what happened.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 624Player
    river basin was a great map , you learnt to aim quick
    "Fog Tweak" sounds a lot like 'cheat.' :-1:
    ______

"Fog Tweak" sounds a lot like 'cheat.' :-1:

The comp scene in AA2 was loaded with teams trying to out-tweak each other. I remember so many people trying to do everything they could within the limits of the rules in order to get an advantage. No clue if that still exists, but it wouldn't shock me.