AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

Comments

• ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 954Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    We still have fog grenades in Overload for the VIP, in the train station, if anyone wants to test them.

you mean smokes right ? fogs are in game for everyone . slow full release smokes for vip .
    remagen has pick ups all along the catwalks for proper smokes . they function really well . if cooked just right they leave a smoke trail in the air before full burst.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,530Beta Tester
    Oh, yeah......SMOKE GRENADES.....my bad!!! :o
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 632Player
    edited December 2018
    If I remember correctly, smokes were removed in part because of the duration and in part because they were 2D and rotated as you rotated your screen.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 306Player
    If I remember correctly, smokes were removed in part because of the duration and in part because they were 2D and rotated as you rotated your screen.

are those the cool smoke grenades you start off with at the beginning of tutorial?
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 617Player
    Flatlander wrote: »
    Yes, I was promised monthly updates this morning.

It's slated for next week. I apologize holidays and conferences impacted our schedule for you.

:D
    AAPG is good!
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 416Player
    edited December 2018
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer

That's the req I guess, I don't think we've hired anyone to my knowledge
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,080Player
    Obvious answer is Doba.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Obvious answer is Doba.

QFT !!

wpid-i-am-not-always-captain-obvious-but-when-i-am-i-make-it-obvious-thumb.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    "Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance"

"SECRET – Will be applied to information in which the unauthorized disclosure could reasonably be expected to cause serious damage to the national security."

Considering the facility this game is produced in, it is no wonder Devs are pretty concerned about what gets said out here on the public side.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Unfortunately for Doba, that means no pesky Canadians.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    "Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance"

"SECRET – Will be applied to information in which the unauthorized disclosure could reasonably be expected to cause serious damage to the national security."

Considering the facility this game is produced in, it is no wonder Devs are pretty concerned about what gets said out here on the public side.

Nothing we do is ever classified, but the building is a secure facility with other classified efforts so yeah we have to have clearances here.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 637Player
    That, and usually you need minimum Secret to get access to the DoD GiG. Otherwise, you need to be waivered as an "acceptable" risk.
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 703Player
    Epic is charging FIVE PERCENT to use their creation tools, going directly to them regardless of host. Are there other charges?

And so it begins, now AA games have always been free. But my guess, they can benefit a lot.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/news/ubisoft-to-release-tom-clancy-s-the-division-2-on-epic-games-store
    edited January 10
    Not sure why it matters what Epic charges. America's Army is a non-profit game. What's 5% of 0? If the Army pays something to Epic for the engine, I'm sure it hasn't changed considering they've been developing on Unreal Engine for like 20 years and have been using UE4 for a while.

In terms of distribution, if they can go on Epic's platform, then why not? Again, unless there's a flat listing fee the game doesn't make any revenue. I'd still say to keep it on Steam as well.
    No....they charge 5% on your revenue.

No revenue....no charges. Although, I do know a lot of software has charges for government usage.
    ______

• RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 180Player
    No revenue....no charges. Although, I do know a lot of software has charges for government usage.

Awww but think of all the money they could make from selling loot box keys to little kids on Console...
    Console already gets Auto Aim Assist, why not give them Pay to Win too? lol...
    35d2uec.png
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 416Player
    New year, new AA?
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 977Moderator
    New year, new AA?
    Its a lot of year left tho
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • DJHaoleDJHaole Posts: 73Player
    edited January 30
    New year, new AA?