Linux Server

2»

Comments

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,137Player
    Important note: The AAPG Linux Dedicated Server is not compatible with hosting User Generated Content (UGC) from the Steam Workshop.

Nooooooooo!!!! Well that sucks.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • nevex^nevex^ Posts: 22Player
    Hey,

I managed to set up an AAPG linux server so far (big thanks for all hints), but you can't find it in the server list. All needed ports are open. I can join the server by console and IP. Settings seems good.

Someone an idea why the server isn't listed? On which line in the Linux console when starting I should pay attention?

Next step is to test more servers on one linux root. Has anyone tried this?

Thanks
    nevex
    MYTLS.de | MY Tournament League Script | Open Source
  • RamphexRamphex Posts: 3Player
    edited November 2018
    Can't get mine to show up in a server list either, all of the ports are open.

7778,7779,8765,8777,8778,9987,27000-27030

I can join it by manually typing the IP in, local or global
  • [x]uvis.[x]uvis. Posts: 9Player
    Ramphex wrote: »
    Can't get mine to show up in a server list either, all of the ports are open.

7778,7779,8765,8777,8778,9987,27000-27030

I can join it by manually typing the IP in, local or global

same here.
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 123Beta Tester
    Post your logs.... I'll help.
    --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,606Beta Tester
    edited December 2018
    There is "literally" :) a bug with the server browser and Steam that is causing mis-reporting of servers in the list. I've found I have to refresh the browser five times to find a server I know is up. The way to test is to search by name (know your character sorting rules!!!) and then use "Open xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" in the console, where xxx is the IP address. If you can join via console, but not the browser, the browser ...or Steam... is bugged! I have reported this issue.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • SiNsOfThEDeViLSiNsOfThEDeViL Posts: 106Player
    I think this explains it a bit.

If you haven't already seen it.
    https://news.americasarmy.com/aapg-pc-linux-game-server-howto/

Whatever you do, you cannot outrun the devil.

Steam