Just for the old days!

raw!^raw!^ Posts: 169Player
I'd like to have this very old menu music also in AA: PG :)
Bring back the old theme?
  1. Bring back the old theme?27 votes
    1. Yes
      85.19%
    2. No, forget the aa2!
      14.81%
1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
AA:PG 2015-

Comments

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 578Player
    +1
    AAPG is good!
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 164Player
    You can't go wrong with a good orchestral piece like this.
    35d2uec.png
  • nL^Z0naGaming_nL^Z0naGaming_ Posts: 659Player
    That track continues to give me goose bumps.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,932Player
    It's still one of my favorite game menu music pieces ever. I actually posted this in the AAV thread and Hollywood responded as follows:
    Yeah I'm still good friends with the composer! Would love to bring it back!
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,163Player
    YES! if that's not AAV's theme (or some very cool, close rendition of it) then sorry but I already don't like it.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,780Player
    Not to be the downer lol, but I was bored of listening to this tune in 2009 after listening to it for 6 yrs :expressionless:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Yea I like that one better tbh, maybe it would be a cool easter egg but this is AAPG and it has its own theme, but no doubt, AA2 main menu sounded better!

Whatever you do, you cannot outrun the devil.

Steam
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,932Player
    edited September 30
    As much as I love the theme, it does have two negative strikes against it.
    1) It's not hummable. The most memorable themes are always able to be easily hummed and stick in your mind for days. From video games, take Super Mario or a slew of other 8-bit classics. For FPS games, take Battlefield 1942 or how about Duke Nukem?. Movies? Star Wars, Indiana Jones, we can go on and on. Catchy themes that one can hum. The America's Army Theme is a bit too complex in that respect.

Here's another example of a classic FPS theme song that I feel like is an amazing song, but isn't memorable/catchy enough as a theme song:

2) It takes too long to get going. The song really hits into high gear around 1:15 into it. The best part of the song really comes in around 2 minutes. IDK about most of you, but it's rare that I'm ever in the main menu for more than a minute in any game short of waiting for friends for match making.

Oh, and if you want another theme that can easily be hummed and is catchy, look no further than the US Army Theme. If you can find a composer who is good enough to be able to somehow combine the US Army Theme with the America's Army Theme, that'd probably make a cool composition or if not that, then some sort of derivative song from the US Army Theme, since I think everyone in America knows this song at this point.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 278Player
    I'm too accustomed to the current theme song, especially since I've never played some of the previous titles.
    It does sound nice though.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 571Player
    edited September 30

The show had a lot of quality music.
  • raw!^raw!^ Posts: 169Player
    Devs any chance to change this for a shorter period of time because its almost christmas and peace on earth? :)
    1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
    AA:PG 2015-
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 344Developer
    raw!^ wrote: »
    Devs any chance to change this for a shorter period of time because its almost christmas and peace on earth? :)

You want Christmas music in the game? o:)
  • -=HELL=-Pr0b3-=HELL=-Pr0b3 Posts: 72Player
    The nostalgy <3