"New Player Experience" changes on full release?

Comments

• AvgusteAvguste Posts: 125Player
    For me instant gratification comes from a few things:

-steam games using Steam names as character names (too confusing....?!?) and as such not requiring game registration (Insurgency, Block N Load and so forth)
    -not related to registration, but still instant gratification: not being willing to work as a team/unit, not using comms and basically running and gunning, Usually this comes from COD, CS, GRP and other such players.

• .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    If you aren't getting teamwork in CS, you are doing it wrong. I have to work hard to find people not working together in that game. In fact, if I were to point to a franchise that got teamwork right, it would be CS. The game design, mechanics and maps demand teamwork without actually using features that force you to work together. Quite an achievement, really.
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Comparing CoD and CS, your sir just went full retard. Cod is probably the most casual FPS while CS probably is the most competitive one (talking about bigger FPS games).
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    He doesn't even own CSGO, only CS that he has zero hours on so he is probably just making assumptions like always.
    let's put one thing to rest. CS came out long before Steam started tracking how many hours you spent in each game you own... just sayin'. the more you know... the more your arguments can hold water...

edited May 2015
    He doesn't even own CSGO, only CS that he has zero hours on so he is probably just making assumptions like always.
    let's put one thing to rest. CS came out long before Steam started tracking how many hours you spent in each game you own... just sayin'. the more you know... the more your arguments can hold water...

So he's using game play references from before steam existed?? Lololol

before steam existed? no.
    -
    before steam implemented a feature that started logging how many hours you spend in each game... (this logging feature didn't exist at the beginning of steam's life, just like steam achievements were added retroactively... hence why not many players have half life 2 achievements even though they played it at launch and completed it... http://steamcommunity.com/stats/HL2/achievements/compare/ etc)
    -
    try not to "lol" at everything so hard when you are presented with hard data... we just shake our heads at you for not comprehending.
    edited May 2015
    CS:GO had a patch making a certain wall brighter so you can see enemies sitting on that position easier. Meanwhile AAPG is more tactical and competitive with bushes and CS is run and gun. Holy, this forum is great, really learning alot of new things.
    i'm not saying he is right. i'm saying you're making a mistake by trying to use something as evidence which cannot be used as evidence.
    -
    just an example: personally, i played a lot of CSS when it released, yet steam say i have never played it... so it would be wrong of someone/anyone to deduce that i have no knowledge or experience with the CS franchise. i'm not saying you're making that assumption against me, but if i hadn't pointed out how your evidence is invalid, you get the point...
    I played CS for a bit and I am familiar with the CS games. And what I posted is my personal opinion. And personally, I find AA to be more teamwork, more tactical than any of the other games. But without turning this into AA vs other games, for me, the thing new players need to understand and know when they come in is that AA is about teamwork (reviving teammates, covering teammates, etc..) and objectives.

i'm not saying he is right. i'm saying you're making a mistake by trying to use something as evidence which cannot be used as evidence.
    -
    just an example: personally, i played a lot of CSS when it released, yet steam say i have never played it... so it would be wrong of someone/anyone to deduce that i have no knowledge or experience with the CS franchise. i'm not saying you're making that assumption against me, but if i hadn't pointed out how your evidence is invalid, you get the point...

u know nothing jon snow

LETS GO PENS
  • {Armada}mango!{Armada}mango! Posts: 24Player
    This is what I experience when I try to get people to play the game:

- People get errors with PB and get kicked.
    - People have to wait very long the first 10 hours of playing, because they die quickly.

- My suggestions:
    - Fix PB.
    - Add max 10 honor servers.
  • `no_longer_active'`no_longer_active' Posts: 30Player
    edited May 2015
    I agree with the honor restriction servers. I also have 2 friends who didn't play for too long because they were getting stomped for 1 hour straight. When I visited their server it was a bunch of honor 20s and 30s vs. honor 10s and below. This was last summer, but it is still happening.

@Avguste: just FYI, AAPG is way more run-and-gun than CSGO. You simply can't shoot with any rifles and expect your bullets to land where you're aiming at in CSGO if you're moving.
    edited May 2015
    i gotta admit, i'm dumbfounded how this game engine only uses a single core of the cpu and barely uses the gpu at all... i'm also dumbfounded that no matter how low you set your graphics settings, things don't get any better.
    -
    so even with an expensive beast rig you struggle to get good frames because the majority of your hardware is sitting idle unused.
    -
    but this really hurts people with average pc's because they don't really have a prayer in this game if the game engine doesn't make use of every bit of the hardware they have. an average semi-outdated gaming computer shouldn't struggle this hard, but this game just isn't utilizing the hardware. even worse, they can't lower settings and see any improvement.. its reason enough to not bother with the game after an hour.
    -
    i feel bad for friends who can't afford to upgrade their pc yet, and just can't compete in this game because their frames are so bad its not really a contest.
    i gotta admit, i'm dumbfounded how this game engine only uses a single core of the cpu and barely uses the gpu at all... i'm also dumbfounded that no matter how low you set your graphics settings, things don't get any better.
    -
    so even with an expensive beast rig you struggle to get good frames because the majority of your hardware is sitting idle unused.
    -
    but this really hurts people with average pc's because they don't really have a prayer in this game if the game engine doesn't make use of every bit of the hardware they have. an average semi-outdated gaming computer shouldn't struggle this hard, but this game just isn't utilizing the hardware. even worse, they can't lower settings and see any improvement.. its reason enough to not bother with the game after an hour.
    -
    i feel bad for friends who can't afford to upgrade their pc yet, and just can't compete in this game because their frames are so bad its not really a contest.

I'm sure more than half of the people who try this game experience pretty significant PC lag. I know I do, especially on the fancy maps and I have a good GPU (770) and moderate CPU (1055t).

LETS GO PENS
    This is what I experience when I try to get people to play the game:

- People get errors with PB and get kicked.
    - People have to wait very long the first 10 hours of playing, because they die quickly.

- My suggestions:
    - Fix PB.
    - Add max 10 honor servers.

Regarding the honor servers. I wonder if the honor bug still works, need to try that actually but I reported it more than half a year ago and they didn't/couldn't do anything about it for a couple of month.
    @ '[The_Blaz3R]

I am definitely aware and recognize that AAPG is more run and gun, but still, I think slowing down depends on the players and at worst case, at least the run & gun in AA feels realistic to me.

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,576Player
    edited May 2015
    I remember when I first started playing it took me ages to get used to because i didn't know the maps I couldn't just run around and kill people because everyone else just sits there watching corners and you die as they are already ADS. Then you're forced to watch some of the most boring game play on earth untill the next round but you cant minimise. I only played for about 15 mins the first time then rage quit because my first opinion was it was boring.
    -
    I then only played again the next day because my friend was already playing the game. If it wasn't for him I would of uninstalled probably.
    -
    A new player has to learn that they can't just run around because you get destroyed at first. This makes people rage quit because they want to have fun.
    -
    Tldr; it's not as run and gun as you think just experienced players destroying terrible players. If you try to run around when you first start playing you will get destroyed and rage uninstalled.

yawning...