Some suggestions for this game to be a realistic military simulator

Comments

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    AAPG is not a simulation, dont claim to be. Removing crosshair is pointless, some monitors come with a built in crosshair, and some people will go as far as putting a dot or tape on their monitor, therefore pointless to remove.
    You can turn off revives as a server setting, there are no revives in comp.

I think insurgency simulates "army" better than AA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    Too much simulator is possible, and the Army doesn't necessarily want a full simulator -- they want fun with Army values and branding
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    You want simulator play Squad, I just watched some videos and to me that simulates real life combat and strategy play... it also simulates a LOT of standing around and tons of boring gameplay. Good Luck with that.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    When I say that every map benefits certain roles I mean that there are areas within the map that are better suited for certain roles/specific loadouts. This is the same concept of having maps designed for certain loadouts, and is also much better. It's amazing what results you get when all classes work together to accomplish the mission.

Not really. The M4 is basically the king of every situation.

I used to use the M4 exclusively, and got really good at using the red dot for even long distance head shots. It does help to know more about game mechanics due to my testing. I recently transitioned to the M249 with the 3x scope and I use that thing for long distance sniping and up close. I can get just one shot out of it at will. I found it had some advantages such as not giving away your location with a reload and time-to-kill firepower. Plus, I have never gotten along with the M16 three round burst, so like the full auto when needed. Since I use a large mouse pad I find the recoil is manageable especially if you just blip it.

The M249 with the magnified scope is the do-everything 556 utility weapon now, as far as I'm concerned.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • AwbeeAwbee Posts: 19Player
    edited October 2018
    Ah, wrong thread section
    A W B E E, _B L U E _ W H E L P L I N G
    C O L D A R R A, _ B O R E A N _ T U N D R A
  • SsavvSsavv Posts: 4Player
    Remove crosshair and add this

yQsMsWE.jpg

eBI9Fxp.jpg
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 320Player
    not like removing cross hairs would change blind fire accuracy. Just aim at the center of the screen. I do it alot with my M14.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 189Player
    Ssavv wrote: »
    Remove crosshair

The old whiteboard marker on the screen trick makes a comeback. :p
    35d2uec.png
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,015Moderator
    Why does removing a marker on a screen make a game with weapons operated with keyboard and mouse more realistic?
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • SsavvSsavv Posts: 4Player
    AN/PEQ-15 multi-function laser device. it is more natural and realistic..
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    Ssavv wrote: »
    AN/PEQ-15 multi-function laser device. it is more natural and realistic..

And pretty cool ;)
    Let's translate that AN/PEQ-15 into specific in-game functionality. I propose that it could be used in place of 'Enemy Spotted' in a way that team mates can indicate locations and enemies in the viewport through Line Of Sight. It would be cool, could be an (earned?) attachment, and could avoid some of the problems that "Enemy Spotted" created since it would be a purely manual function.

A few questions for further discussion: How could you avoid "Laser Spam?" How could you track which player fired the laser so you know which one to look at?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Oh, hey. Also......................... a 3D render I did in Blender while creating the Screamin' Eagle weapon skin....

mg8ettR.jpg

______

• LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 320Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Oh, hey. Also......................... a 3D render I did in Blender while creating the Screamin' Eagle weapon skin....

mg8ettR.jpg

Nice Weapon Skin btw... A lot of people including myself use the Skin on our M4s on PS4. Wish I had a cool Weapon Skin for my M14 though.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • AwbeeAwbee Posts: 19Player
    edited October 2018
    Hm, the AN/PEQ-15 looks interesting. then How about the AN/PSQ-23A STORM-PI L.A.S.E.R. Rangefinder? It is used by the Army with the M2010 and the M107 sniper rifles.

http://www.insighttechnology.com/l3-products/an-psq-23

An interesting fact: LASER stands for..

Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

A W B E E, _B L U E _ W H E L P L I N G
    C O L D A R R A, _ B O R E A N _ T U N D R A
  • Sr.GatilhoSr.Gatilho Posts: 51Player
    Never liked the revive mode,I bealive that revives remove the skill improvment because player don't learn with their mistakes,if someone rushes badly and die quickly without the revive maybe he will think what went wrong noone likes to wait to play but being revived 10 sec after died ,don´t learn anything,just get up, run and try again.
    The kill feed should remain,really hate not knowing if I killed or not.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    Sr.Gatilho wrote: »
    Never liked the revive mode,I bealive that revives remove the skill improvment because player don't learn with their mistakes,if someone rushes badly and die quickly without the revive maybe he will think what went wrong noone likes to wait to play but being revived 10 sec after died ,don´t learn anything,just get up, run and try again.
    The kill feed should remain,really hate not knowing if I killed or not.

I agree on keeping the kill feed.

I generally agree on revives as well. When I ran a server, I always did it with no revives or at least no revives on headshots. I also made sure the round length was appropriate (2.5-3 minutes for BDX, 3.5-4 minutes for FLO) so people weren't waiting around excessively.

I just want to point out that revives don't generally let you be TOO reckless. If you're on assault on Inner Hospital and you go rushing through dark and push lobby, you're not likely to be revived. There are some rounds you won't get a revive even if you die IN dark room. Then there's the whole issue of not being able to refuse a revive (short of withdrawing from the round altogether, which takes longer than the revive process to do).
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,116Player
    edited October 2018
    I don't mind the single revive too much on pub servers. I do wish the animation was better. The throwing gauze/toilet paper animation was and still is a joke. If they keep it in AA5, then do like AA3 where there are specific things wrong with your teammate, but take it a step further and show your soldier providing the required aid. I don't think you necessarily need to bring back the choices to revive, but actually showing your guy performing the aid on a downed soldier would be another great differentiator.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    Revives add meta. There are multiple additional choices and tactics that arise from it. No revives makes the game simpler...less choices, less risk, less outcomes. I like the decision-making that goes into having to decide IF you re-route for a revive, and then the area clearing you have to do, and the teamwork aspect, and of increasing your fighting strength if successful. Everyone knows that revives can make the difference of whether you win or lose, making the risk of a revive a pretty suspenseful endeavour.

I've heard the arguments against, and agree with some of it, but in the balance, I'd say revives add to the game's complexity. Quite a bit of it is a numbers game. There are reasons we immediately zip (or pick up) known good players!

I kinda think we should kill the kill feed though. THAT is arcadish. (Though I admit I use that feature all the time even though it's lame....)
    ______

• ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,116Player
    edited October 2018
    Killing the kill feed would remove part of your meta... You said that you typically would go out of your way to secure a top player, but without the kill feed or at least some sort of kill notification, you wouldn't know if you killed that player.

I still think an active medical system is way more important than a knocked out medical system. Greatly slow bleed damage and let teammates stop each other's bleeding. Self bandaging with high bleed rate is just a bad gameplay mechanic.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!