To people talking about unlocks

2»

Comments

• -=TPA=-Mikgau-=TPA=-Mikgau Posts: 19Player
    I really like the current no-unlock way but with the 'new player' thread in mind:
    What if we had extremely simple unlocks? Like you can get all of the game-changers in 5-10 hours of gameplay. (You have the M4A1 and the M9 by default, after 1 hour you get the M16 etc...) This would give new players a very visible but still reachable goal and during these hours they'll hopefully see what this game really is about - and hopefully stick with it, even if they can't unlock game-changing things anymore.

Lol.. they have to wait 1 hour in order to get rekt even more using the m16, not a good way to give new players a reason to play
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    Every game I've played has had some sort of system in place to keep you playing, keep you trying to achieve something more. Unlocks are a great way to do this ontop of the leveling system. Whether it be weapons or skins or whatever else you can think of unlocks are definitely something that should be implemented in my opinion.

I think with the OPFOR weapons coming in there should be something like AA2 where you can spawn as another character using different weapons ect...

just a thought

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 585Beta Tester
    I really like the current no-unlock way but with the 'new player' thread in mind:
    What if we had extremely simple unlocks? Like you can get all of the game-changers in 5-10 hours of gameplay. (You have the M4A1 and the M9 by default, after 1 hour you get the M16 etc...) This would give new players a very visible but still reachable goal and during these hours they'll hopefully see what this game really is about - and hopefully stick with it, even if they can't unlock game-changing things anymore.

Lol.. they have to wait 1 hour in order to get rekt even more using the m16, not a good way to give new players a reason to play

[sarcasm ON]
    You nailed it. That 1 hour limit was a hard number, and it's meant to scare new guys off. Because people with 500 hours behind their back can ONLY wreck them with the M16. They can't beat new guys with and M4 or an M9. Thanks for constructive feedback.
    [sarcasm OFF]

I think very high level should not give you better/different stuff. I like the no-unlock thing in the game, but looks like there should be a 'bait' for new players.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
    Put it this way, there are a lot of CQC situations in the game and I've played in them where nobody uses a shotgun. So to have the shotgun as an unlock would only promote the weapon, not give any sort of unfair or crazy advantage to anyone.

just one example

• i dont care as long as it has nothing to do with p2w, unlock wtvr u want.

Put it this way, there are a lot of CQC situations in the game and I've played in them where nobody uses a shotgun. So to have the shotgun as an unlock would only promote the weapon, not give any sort of unfair or crazy advantage to anyone.

just one example

Considering the shotgun kind of sucks I don't think this is a good idea.
    It was an example man...
    [tryingnottobreakTOS]
    Shotgun is good when you use it correctly
    [/tryingnottobreakTOS]

It was an example man...
    [tryingnottobreakTOS]
    Shotgun is good when you use it correctly
    [/tryingnottobreakTOS]

a new player gets the shotgun, what happens to the new player?

• AvgusteAvguste Posts: 125Player
    please no unlocks. No disrespect to anyone, but if you want unlocks, you have Call of Duty, Ghost Recon and the likes. Leave AA the way it is, please!!!!

So what's your plan to improve the leveling system and reward/give incentives for leveling?

Currently there is no reason to be level 20 or 40.

For me, no matter what rewards are given, the best incentive is one's will to compete and be the best they can possibly be (kd, revives, secures, honor and so forth)