AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

Comments

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    I'm tired of this "bad flash"/good flash nonsense. A flash is a flash, If its within proximity to you should be flashed.

Its because you don't know the difference between skill and randomness, you've proven that over many posts. We're tired of guys who have no idea how game balance and raising the skill ceiling works, yet continue to run their mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 308Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    I'm tired of this "bad flash"/good flash nonsense. A flash is a flash, If its within proximity to you should be flashed.

Its because you don't know the difference between skill and randomness, you've proven that over many posts. We're tired of guys who have no idea how game balance and raising the skill ceiling works, yet continue to run their mouth.

I'm tired of guys who want to complain about features when things aren't going well for them. Flashes n Grenades are fine as is, and the last thing devs should do is waste time adjusting features for the supposed benefit of a few.
    It's no wonder why the Devs haven't paid any attention to y'alls demands over the past 2+ Years.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 618Player

Always wondering who these "We" guys are. If you hear voices Doba, let's check it.
    AAPG is good!

I'm tired of guys who want to complain about features when things aren't going well for them.

God you really are clueless!! "going well for them" lol.. I think you mean "going well for the game" thats why theres 300 players left playing from the 3000 that started playing the game.

• LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 308Player

I'm tired of guys who want to complain about features when things aren't going well for them.

God you really are clueless!! "going well for them" lol.. I think you mean "going well for the game" thats why theres 300 players left playing from the 3000 that started playing the game.

:anguished: Were you expecting to have 2999 left after 4+ years?

Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 713Player
    edited October 2018

Bro for real, stop wasting time on this PS4 pleb.. He never touched the PC version, a dead fish would understand this better so there is no point arguing with him.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,089Player

I think you misread. I think he's saying that you suck.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 632Player

I'm tired of guys who want to complain about features when things aren't going well for them. Flashes n Grenades are fine as is, and the last thing devs should do is waste time adjusting features for the supposed benefit of a few.
    It's no wonder why the Devs haven't paid any attention to y'alls demands over the past 2+ Years.

Your attempted insult falls flat when these suggestions are coming from some of the game's best players.

The "supposed benefit of a few"? How about the benefit of everyone who plays the game? You're basically suggesting that we're trying to make the game easier, even going so far as to say it's because we're bad at it. Our proposal will, in fact, make the game harder. You've been repeatedly shown proof of how these "features" suck the skill out of the game. It's not our fault you don't understand.
    Flatlander wrote: »

Always wondering who these "We" guys are. If you hear voices Doba, let's check it.

Can you point me to your last post that wasn't a troll?

:anguished: Were you expecting to have 2999 left after 4+ years?

The original game had (tens of?) thousands of players after 5+ years. That may not be a realistic goal now with all the other games out there, especially free-to-play, on Steam, but if this game had gone in a better direction, I could have easily seen it maintaining 3000+ players.

Part of the problem is that they chose to build a game where it's easy for any moron to get kills rather than build a game around various skills a player can learn. Yes, skill is still a thing, but there are a lot of places where the devs (or TPTB in the Army) chose to negate or reduce the impact of skill. OP nades/flashes, suppression, aimpunch (to an extent), exponentially increasing RNG recoil and supported positions are the top things to come to mind, but there are certainly more.

Was the thinking that more people would like the game and keep playing it because everyone can get kills? I would argue that the more things you can master, the more motivation people have to keep playing. Generally speaking, a competitive game is going to attract a better player base than a casual one. AAPG went too far towards casual, in my opinion.
    edited October 2018
    The original America's Army had plenty of flaws when it came to being a competitive game and yet it had a much higher skill curve than this game. The maps were mostly unbalanced (fun for pub play, not great for competition); there were plenty of exploits that only the top teams knew how to use including with being able to see further in fog (playing on a map like River Basin was a disaster because some players could see way further than others), being able to sprint before your gun was fully ready (I remember playing a top team in TWL that was able to do this even after it was officially "fixed"); among a few others. Yet the game had a very large competitive community because there was still a clear skill curve and the game was pretty hard to master. As the later versions came along and they started introducing things that dampened the skill curve the comp community started to leave and the game started dying out.
    edited October 2018

Can you point me one of yours without brigading the "best players of this game" and repeating yourself over and over and over again!?
    42 pages filled with elite tears about shaking screens, lol. Best so far: "I played highest level (sic) but I stopped because I get headache"... I rolled so hard. Stop playing video games if you get motionsickness ffs, or man up.
    No clue how raising or lowering the skill can help people with medical conditions to be honest. We need DevDoc back I guess.
    AAPG is good!

Can you point me one of yours without brigading the "best players of this game" and repeating yourself over and over and over again!?
    42 pages filled with elite tears about shaking screens, lol. Best so far: "I played highest level (sic) but I stopped because I get headache"... I rolled so hard. Stop playing video games if you get motionsickness ffs, or man up.

Another post, another non-contribution to the discussion. Keep up the good work.

I'm just calling it how it is. LWOF_BrOkenArrow has repeatedly demonstrated that, while he's trying to, he really doesn't understand the difference between skill and RNG. On the other side, there are a number of players with competitive experience in this game and others who clearly do have a greater understanding.

And here I am, continuing to feed the troll.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 421Player
    AA Devs need to do what a lot of folks are doing now and put out an experimental server where people can test skill theories.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!

Another post, another non-contribution to the discussion. Keep up the good work.

I'm just calling it how it is. LWOF_BrOkenArrow has repeatedly demonstrated that, while he's trying to, he really doesn't understand the difference between skill and RNG. On the other side, there are a number of players with competitive experience in this game and others who clearly do have a greater understanding.

And again, same content. + a little ad hominem at the end. Skill, comp + filling words. Bland recipe.
    AAPG is good!
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 738Player
    edited October 2018

And again, same content. + a little ad hominem at the end. Skill, comp + filling words. Bland recipe.

Why do you keep on hating people that are trying to make the game better?

If for any reason they're being annoying, if the moderation team [DEVs and MODs] feels like they're crossing the border, they will suggest them to stop I would assume. We don't need a constant bug always saying the same.

Over 1.1k Golden Hawkeyes.

"We" represents the competitive community, whats left of it, all the teams that once played this game but all quit because the game went to [TOS Violation]. whats your role? aside from trolling

Here's a question I've asked before, but I don't remember getting an answer to: What's the logic behind the defending team being able to see where the attacking team's flag is on-screen?

I can understand it showing up if a defending player has eyes-on, but I shouldn't know as a defender on Inner if the attacking team left the flag in spawn, or if an attacking player made the smart decision to drop the flag before making a risky peek or push. He's actually giving his position away because of this.

Just curious if there's some reason I'm not thinking of, because this just seems like a horrific choice or oversight to me. And yes, I would consider this game-breaking for competitive play.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,178Player
    AA:PG success on console has evidently given AA a new lease of life, this chance at doing another game. Since the PC version is supposedly a fail, what.. due to flashbangs sucking, revives being crud, hit/aimpunch and suppression being janky and just general other gamebreakers that have caused the death of PC AAPG. Tip - lets not alienate and attack the guys keeping the game alive, even if it is on another platform.

Screw your calm heads back on, drop the angry, bad attitudes and the "I should know better than you, because I am better than you" mindsets and for once, think bigger than yourselves? it's not hard to have a difference of opinion without coming across a jerk.. not everyone hates the game same as I'm sure not everyone thinks it's broken. Whats a bad thing (gameplay wise) for one person is not necessarily a bad thing for another. It's OK to not like things about the game and tell of those things, but it's not really OK to force them views down other peoples throats who may actually appreciate those same things, whether they agree or not. Think about it. It's like people are scared their voice is not being heard over someone else's.. even though we know by what devs have said, that it's not true.

Also, come on.. calling people clueless and plebs.. how old are you guys? seriously? it's both insulting and it's nothing but flamebait at its finest, posting like that never does nothing good. Tots may have been guilty of over policing but from how I read most posts people make these days, it was necessary to keep some sort of civility and stop forum infractions before (or in) their tracks.

There is a tonne of good stuff in this thread, i'm sure no matter how or where we play AA we can all agree on that.. so please, lets not run the possibility of ruining it ey? at least being the adults I'm sure most of us are.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• bigfatpatbigfatpat Posts: 4Player
    My god - just make it like AA 1.0/2.0. I know it will never happen but I miss Pipe/Weapons Cache/MOUT McKenna.

Any of the old schoolers remember JRTC Farm? That [TOS Violation] was amazing (and amazing for honor farm too)
    edited October 2018
    bigfatpat wrote: »
    My god - just make it like AA 1.0/2.0. I know it will never happen but I miss Pipe/Weapons Cache/MOUT McKenna.

Any of the old schoolers remember JRTC Farm? That [TOS Violation] was amazing (and amazing for honor farm too)

I can throw old maps into AAPG too, doesn't make it like AAO. In fact after playing a lot of the maps from AAO, I can say for sure that they don't play like they did back then. There are a lot of things that need to be changed. A good balance between the stuff that made the original great along with solid features that foster a high skill curve would make for an amazing game.