Issues that need to be addressed ASAHP

2

Comments

  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 308Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    . I'm dying to use my Digital Camo for my M14 btw, but the camo unlock bug is preventing me from doing so.

    Im sorry you cant use a gun cammo and its killing the game for you.

    How great would this game be if these were our biggest issues!!!

    It's killing the game cause its preventing players from earning the rewards which they've worked hard for. A lot of the camos are bugged anyway, as I have access to the M16 Digital camo and I haven't done any of the mastery challenges for it.
    The Camo bug needs to be fixed ASAHP, no doubts about it. However I mentioned the issues in order of importance, so I'd like uneven sides and empty server hosting to be resolved first.

    Yet when we talk about issues that are actually game-breaking, you blow it off and say everything is fine.

    In the extreme instances of Suppression and aim-punch which I have seen on the PC side (which are very few in number), I have felt that perhaps there could be some minor adjustments. Yet at the same time, I only see a small group of people arguing for the removal of suppression/aim-punch (scope-wobble) entirely. And looking back, it has been the same bunch of people who've wanted the removal. It would seem as if the hundreds of other AA vets on PC do not share the same views as y'all, or at the very least, don't care much.
    Not to mention that the arguments I hear for the adjustments aren't very good. Apparently the main argument is that it takes away from the skill in the game. Yet others say it adds skill.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at



    P0asKE2.jpg
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 632Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    . I'm dying to use my Digital Camo for my M14 btw, but the camo unlock bug is preventing me from doing so.

    Im sorry you cant use a gun cammo and its killing the game for you.

    How great would this game be if these were our biggest issues!!!

    It's killing the game cause its preventing players from earning the rewards which they've worked hard for. A lot of the camos are bugged anyway, as I have access to the M16 Digital camo and I haven't done any of the mastery challenges for it.
    The Camo bug needs to be fixed ASAHP, no doubts about it. However I mentioned the issues in order of importance, so I'd like uneven sides and empty server hosting to be resolved first.

    Yet when we talk about issues that are actually game-breaking, you blow it off and say everything is fine.

    In the extreme instances of Suppression and aim-punch which I have seen on the PC side (which are very few in number), I have felt that perhaps there could be some minor adjustments. Yet at the same time, I only see a small group of people arguing for the removal of suppression/aim-punch (scope-wobble) entirely. And looking back, it has been the same bunch of people who've wanted the removal. It would seem as if the hundreds of other AA vets on PC do not share the same views as y'all, or at the very least, don't care much.
    Not to mention that the arguments I hear for the adjustments aren't very good. Apparently the main argument is that it takes away from the skill in the game. Yet others say it adds skill.

    lol

    It takes away from the skill. Period. There's no debating that. You're taking away someone's ability to aim. Overcoming it requires luck and isn't something you can learn.

    We've made solid arguments for why it should be removed. I haven't seen a good argument for why it should remain.

    Ultimately, the bulk of the proposed changes that I've seen are about making the game harder. As the game is now, it's easy for bad players to "luck" into kills.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,089Player
    I'm sick of playing with crouch walking privates.

    That's also because the game rewards passive players who hold down a position and spam fire at their enemies taking full advantage of the huge amount of suppression and aim punch making playing aggressive that much more difficult.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 98Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    I'm sick of playing with crouch walking privates.

    That's also because the game rewards passive players who hold down a position and spam fire at their enemies taking full advantage of the huge amount of suppression and aim punch making playing aggressive that much more difficult.

    Wrong. They are garbage players who don't have a clue.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 618Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    . I'm dying to use my Digital Camo for my M14 btw, but the camo unlock bug is preventing me from doing so.

    Im sorry you cant use a gun cammo and its killing the game for you.

    How great would this game be if these were our biggest issues!!!

    It's killing the game cause its preventing players from earning the rewards which they've worked hard for. A lot of the camos are bugged anyway, as I have access to the M16 Digital camo and I haven't done any of the mastery challenges for it.
    The Camo bug needs to be fixed ASAHP, no doubts about it. However I mentioned the issues in order of importance, so I'd like uneven sides and empty server hosting to be resolved first.

    Yet when we talk about issues that are actually game-breaking, you blow it off and say everything is fine.

    In the extreme instances of Suppression and aim-punch which I have seen on the PC side (which are very few in number), I have felt that perhaps there could be some minor adjustments. Yet at the same time, I only see a small group of people arguing for the removal of suppression/aim-punch (scope-wobble) entirely. And looking back, it has been the same bunch of people who've wanted the removal. It would seem as if the hundreds of other AA vets on PC do not share the same views as y'all, or at the very least, don't care much.
    Not to mention that the arguments I hear for the adjustments aren't very good. Apparently the main argument is that it takes away from the skill in the game. Yet others say it adds skill.

    lol
    Period. There's no debating that.

    Quality post.

    AAPG is good!
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 632Player
    Flatlander wrote: »
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    . I'm dying to use my Digital Camo for my M14 btw, but the camo unlock bug is preventing me from doing so.

    Im sorry you cant use a gun cammo and its killing the game for you.

    How great would this game be if these were our biggest issues!!!

    It's killing the game cause its preventing players from earning the rewards which they've worked hard for. A lot of the camos are bugged anyway, as I have access to the M16 Digital camo and I haven't done any of the mastery challenges for it.
    The Camo bug needs to be fixed ASAHP, no doubts about it. However I mentioned the issues in order of importance, so I'd like uneven sides and empty server hosting to be resolved first.

    Yet when we talk about issues that are actually game-breaking, you blow it off and say everything is fine.

    In the extreme instances of Suppression and aim-punch which I have seen on the PC side (which are very few in number), I have felt that perhaps there could be some minor adjustments. Yet at the same time, I only see a small group of people arguing for the removal of suppression/aim-punch (scope-wobble) entirely. And looking back, it has been the same bunch of people who've wanted the removal. It would seem as if the hundreds of other AA vets on PC do not share the same views as y'all, or at the very least, don't care much.
    Not to mention that the arguments I hear for the adjustments aren't very good. Apparently the main argument is that it takes away from the skill in the game. Yet others say it adds skill.

    lol
    Period. There's no debating that.

    Quality post.

    Facts are facts.

    Nice job butchering the quote function.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 618Player
    Flatlander wrote: »
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    . I'm dying to use my Digital Camo for my M14 btw, but the camo unlock bug is preventing me from doing so.

    Im sorry you cant use a gun cammo and its killing the game for you.

    How great would this game be if these were our biggest issues!!!

    It's killing the game cause its preventing players from earning the rewards which they've worked hard for. A lot of the camos are bugged anyway, as I have access to the M16 Digital camo and I haven't done any of the mastery challenges for it.
    The Camo bug needs to be fixed ASAHP, no doubts about it. However I mentioned the issues in order of importance, so I'd like uneven sides and empty server hosting to be resolved first.

    Yet when we talk about issues that are actually game-breaking, you blow it off and say everything is fine.

    In the extreme instances of Suppression and aim-punch which I have seen on the PC side (which are very few in number), I have felt that perhaps there could be some minor adjustments. Yet at the same time, I only see a small group of people arguing for the removal of suppression/aim-punch (scope-wobble) entirely. And looking back, it has been the same bunch of people who've wanted the removal. It would seem as if the hundreds of other AA vets on PC do not share the same views as y'all, or at the very least, don't care much.
    Not to mention that the arguments I hear for the adjustments aren't very good. Apparently the main argument is that it takes away from the skill in the game. Yet others say it adds skill.

    lol
    Period. There's no debating that.

    Quality post.

    Facts are facts.

    Nice job butchering the quote function.

    Butchering... I just cut the endless repeated "we great and know, you not you must suck" part. Gets boring after a few weeks.

    That's why you 4-5 Gods are circle jerking on here all alone. No sane person want to argue with you.

    But hey, no discussion. Period.
    AAPG is good!
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 632Player
    Flatlander wrote: »
    Flatlander wrote: »
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    . I'm dying to use my Digital Camo for my M14 btw, but the camo unlock bug is preventing me from doing so.

    Im sorry you cant use a gun cammo and its killing the game for you.

    How great would this game be if these were our biggest issues!!!

    It's killing the game cause its preventing players from earning the rewards which they've worked hard for. A lot of the camos are bugged anyway, as I have access to the M16 Digital camo and I haven't done any of the mastery challenges for it.
    The Camo bug needs to be fixed ASAHP, no doubts about it. However I mentioned the issues in order of importance, so I'd like uneven sides and empty server hosting to be resolved first.

    Yet when we talk about issues that are actually game-breaking, you blow it off and say everything is fine.

    In the extreme instances of Suppression and aim-punch which I have seen on the PC side (which are very few in number), I have felt that perhaps there could be some minor adjustments. Yet at the same time, I only see a small group of people arguing for the removal of suppression/aim-punch (scope-wobble) entirely. And looking back, it has been the same bunch of people who've wanted the removal. It would seem as if the hundreds of other AA vets on PC do not share the same views as y'all, or at the very least, don't care much.
    Not to mention that the arguments I hear for the adjustments aren't very good. Apparently the main argument is that it takes away from the skill in the game. Yet others say it adds skill.

    lol
    Period. There's no debating that.

    Quality post.

    Facts are facts.

    Nice job butchering the quote function.

    Butchering... I just cut the endless repeated "we great and know, you not you must suck" part. Gets boring after a few weeks.

    That's why you 4-5 Gods are circle jerking on here all alone. No sane person want to argue with you.

    But hey, no discussion. Period.

    No. You edited out accurate points.

    As I said, I have yet to see someone state a reason that the suppression/aim punch should remain as-is, despite the fact that it makes engagements less skill-based.

    This and other changes, such as reducing the effectiveness of flashes thrown behind players and reducing the frag grenade radius, are intended to make the game harder. Again, this is a factual statement.

    If you disagree, post why. That's the whole point of a discussion board, not resorting to personal attacks when you can't come up with an opposing argument.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,178Player
    edited October 2018
    I think the devs might "get" (by now) that the amount of aim punch and suppression effects are detrimental to some people's idea of what makes good games bad.

    So rather than beat the same bush until naked.. Might we ask those who actually do know why these effects are how they are? and what they think about how it should be (or not be) in the future regarding them?

    Someone who adds these things to the game obviously thought they were a good idea and of course let's not forget.. as daft as it may seem.. not everyone will think these effects are a bad thing.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.






  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 308Player
    edited October 2018
    Flatlander wrote: »
    Flatlander wrote: »
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    . I'm dying to use my Digital Camo for my M14 btw, but the camo unlock bug is preventing me from doing so.

    Im sorry you cant use a gun cammo and its killing the game for you.

    How great would this game be if these were our biggest issues!!!

    It's killing the game cause its preventing players from earning the rewards which they've worked hard for. A lot of the camos are bugged anyway, as I have access to the M16 Digital camo and I haven't done any of the mastery challenges for it.
    The Camo bug needs to be fixed ASAHP, no doubts about it. However I mentioned the issues in order of importance, so I'd like uneven sides and empty server hosting to be resolved first.

    Yet when we talk about issues that are actually game-breaking, you blow it off and say everything is fine.

    In the extreme instances of Suppression and aim-punch which I have seen on the PC side (which are very few in number), I have felt that perhaps there could be some minor adjustments. Yet at the same time, I only see a small group of people arguing for the removal of suppression/aim-punch (scope-wobble) entirely. And looking back, it has been the same bunch of people who've wanted the removal. It would seem as if the hundreds of other AA vets on PC do not share the same views as y'all, or at the very least, don't care much.
    Not to mention that the arguments I hear for the adjustments aren't very good. Apparently the main argument is that it takes away from the skill in the game. Yet others say it adds skill.

    lol
    Period. There's no debating that.

    Quality post.

    Facts are facts.

    Nice job butchering the quote function.

    Butchering... I just cut the endless repeated "we great and know, you not you must suck" part. Gets boring after a few weeks.

    That's why you 4-5 Gods are circle jerking on here all alone. No sane person want to argue with you.

    But hey, no discussion. Period.

    No. You edited out accurate points.

    As I said, I have yet to see someone state a reason that the suppression/aim punch should remain as-is, despite the fact that it makes engagements less skill-based.

    This and other changes, such as reducing the effectiveness of flashes thrown behind players and reducing the frag grenade radius, are intended to make the game harder. Again, this is a factual statement.

    If you disagree, post why. That's the whole point of a discussion board, not resorting to personal attacks when you can't come up with an opposing argument.

    As I've said numerous times, adjusting these features will add and lower skill requirements in numerous ways. You're view of their effects are one-sided, and you're not looking at the bigger picture.

    Lessening the effectiveness of grenades and flashes would simply make it easier for people to camp positions, many of which leave the person attacking or rushing at an extreme disadvantage against the one defending/camping. Now the attacker not only needs to have increased mastery in his use of grenades but must also risk being smashed by the camper/defender (and the defender almost always gets first LOS, since the attacker has to come to them).

    Suppression/Aim-punch prevents people from having 100% accuracy in gun-fights. If it weren't for this, the person who shoots first would almost, always win -- since they could keep on shooting without their accuracy being impaired by any shots fired from the target. The M14 and the M24 would become a lot more powerful, esepcially in long range, since there'd be nothing the target could do to lessen the accuracy of the shooter.

    All of this simply lowers the skill ceiling instead of increasing it, and since doing the opposite would also lower the skill ceiling (because their at optimum levels) -- I feel that suppression , aim-punch, and grenade/flash effects are fine as is.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at



    P0asKE2.jpg
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 618Player
    I fully agree. It is too much of punch and supression. I like to make the first kill and it annoys the crap out of me rushing f.e. blue stairs and get blurred to death from a nade under me in choke. Getting shot at with the m249 is terrible,too. I was hating people playing it but i learned to just stay calm and stay on target. No problem anymore.

    But i dont see it "gamebreaking" for me. Not once i thought about uninstalling because of it nor i told people " dont play,it sux". Devs know about it since it got introduced so I accept that crap as long it is here, trying to make the best out of it.

    And you know why?! Because not even a whole ocean full of forum tears will change it. Its AA. Was like that, will stay like that.

    AAPG is good!
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 632Player
    Flatlander wrote: »
    Flatlander wrote: »
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    . I'm dying to use my Digital Camo for my M14 btw, but the camo unlock bug is preventing me from doing so.

    Im sorry you cant use a gun cammo and its killing the game for you.

    How great would this game be if these were our biggest issues!!!

    It's killing the game cause its preventing players from earning the rewards which they've worked hard for. A lot of the camos are bugged anyway, as I have access to the M16 Digital camo and I haven't done any of the mastery challenges for it.
    The Camo bug needs to be fixed ASAHP, no doubts about it. However I mentioned the issues in order of importance, so I'd like uneven sides and empty server hosting to be resolved first.

    Yet when we talk about issues that are actually game-breaking, you blow it off and say everything is fine.

    In the extreme instances of Suppression and aim-punch which I have seen on the PC side (which are very few in number), I have felt that perhaps there could be some minor adjustments. Yet at the same time, I only see a small group of people arguing for the removal of suppression/aim-punch (scope-wobble) entirely. And looking back, it has been the same bunch of people who've wanted the removal. It would seem as if the hundreds of other AA vets on PC do not share the same views as y'all, or at the very least, don't care much.
    Not to mention that the arguments I hear for the adjustments aren't very good. Apparently the main argument is that it takes away from the skill in the game. Yet others say it adds skill.

    lol
    Period. There's no debating that.

    Quality post.

    Facts are facts.

    Nice job butchering the quote function.

    Butchering... I just cut the endless repeated "we great and know, you not you must suck" part. Gets boring after a few weeks.

    That's why you 4-5 Gods are circle jerking on here all alone. No sane person want to argue with you.

    But hey, no discussion. Period.

    No. You edited out accurate points.

    As I said, I have yet to see someone state a reason that the suppression/aim punch should remain as-is, despite the fact that it makes engagements less skill-based.

    This and other changes, such as reducing the effectiveness of flashes thrown behind players and reducing the frag grenade radius, are intended to make the game harder. Again, this is a factual statement.

    If you disagree, post why. That's the whole point of a discussion board, not resorting to personal attacks when you can't come up with an opposing argument.

    As I've said numerous times, adjusting these features will add and lower skill requirements in numerous ways. You're view of their effects are one-sided, and you're not looking at the bigger picture.

    Lessening the effectiveness of grenades and flashes would simply make it easier for people to camp positions, many of which leave the person attacking or rushing at an extreme disadvantage against the one defending/camping. Now the attacker not only needs to have increased mastery in his use of grenades but must also risk being smashed by the camper/defender (and the defender almost always gets first LOS, since the attacker has to come to them).

    Suppression/Aim-punch prevents people from having 100% accuracy in gun-fights. If it weren't for this, the person who shoots first would almost, always win -- since they could keep on shooting without their accuracy being impaired by any shots fired from the target. The M14 and the M24 would become a lot more powerful, esepcially in long range, since there'd be nothing the target could do to lessen the accuracy of the shooter.

    All of this simply lowers the skill ceiling instead of increasing it, and since doing the opposite would also lower the skill ceiling (because their at optimum levels) -- I feel that suppression , aim-punch, and grenade/flash effects are fine as is.

    Well, you're wrong, for reasons already explained, but I'll give you credit for trying.

    Your points about grenades are totally without merit. Throw a good nade, or flash, and it won't be a problem. I shouldn't be blind for any significant length of time from a flash that goes off behind me. I shouldn't be getting nickel-and-dimed damage by every grenade that goes off on my side of the map (obvious exaggeration, but the point remains). If people are actually throwing the nade at me and get it somewhat close, fine. Good throw.



    I'd say the first 1:45 or so are most relevant. I'm not advocating for AAPG to copy CS, but I would rather have flashes be effective from a greater distance (not to the CS extent) when you're looking at them and less effective when you're not. I also believe a player should be flashed when it's at their feet, regardless of where they're looking. It's already easier to throw flashes in this game as player's have the ability to cook them.

    The current system makes it MORE likely the person who shoots first wins, not less. I've posted videos of where someone walked right into my scope, but because they got a shot off first, I was suddenly aiming at the ground. You have this one backwards. If you're so set on having some kind of effect, get rid of suppression and just go with some minor aim punch. That would be something that a player could correct from by reacquiring the enemy and shooting them. With the current system, that comes down to luck, not skill.

    Also, the M14 and M24 are supposed to win long range. If you don't want them to shoot you, shoot them first or position yourself better. Don't rely on some cheesy effect to save the day.

    Things that are random by definition can't be learned. You can't learn to control your recoil beyond the general "pull down and left." While yes, aim punch and suppression make it harder to shoot back at someone, it doesn't increase the skill ceiling. Minor aim punch with the opportunity to correct with skill would increase the skill ceiling. Making people throw good flashes and nades increases the skill ceiling.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 632Player
    edited October 2018
    Flatlander wrote: »
    I fully agree. It is too much of punch and supression. I like to make the first kill and it annoys the crap out of me rushing f.e. blue stairs and get blurred to death from a nade under me in choke. Getting shot at with the m249 is terrible,too. I was hating people playing it but i learned to just stay calm and stay on target. No problem anymore.

    But i dont see it "gamebreaking" for me. Not once i thought about uninstalling because of it nor i told people " dont play,it sux". Devs know about it since it got introduced so I accept that crap as long it is here, trying to make the best out of it.

    And you know why?! Because not even a whole ocean full of forum tears will change it. Its AA. Was like that, will stay like that.

    The only thing in the OP that could even be on the same level as aimpunch/suppression is the uneven teams. Everything else is minor or cosmetic, but was described in the OP as "killing the game." That was more what I was getting at.

    You know the people posting and complaining about it are doing so because they want a skillful shooter that can be played competitively, right? "Features" like aimpunch and suppression detract from that, and we'd like to see them corrected in the future, even if not until a future game.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    Flatlander wrote: »
    And you know why?! Because not even a whole ocean full of forum tears will change it. Its AA. Was like that, will stay like that.

    Omg lol what a phrase. I'm stealing that. =)
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 618Player
    Do you know that the devs know that you know it sux? Or do you try some mindtricks by repeating the obvious til they follow the order?
    AAPG is good!
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 632Player
    Flatlander wrote: »
    Do you know that the devs know that you know it sux? Or do you try some mindtricks by repeating the obvious til they follow the order?

    Would you like to try contributing something?
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 618Player
    Would you!? OK, I'll try just to look good to the cool guys.

    Change game nauw, no wait, kill the game and make new. Csgo good, I know things from it. Can tell you, listen!!!! Period.
    AAPG is good!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    The games already killed itself bud, not sure if you're aware of that fact.. were making valid suggestions to give the game a spark, some life cause yes we know what a lot of comp players have been saying over the years.

    Tell me how leaving the game the same benefits AAPG? do you think in 5 days when you wake up all the sudden out of thin air 5K people are gonna be playing? good luck with that

    At this point, its just stupid to leave the game as is.

    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 632Player
    Flatlander wrote: »
    Would you!? OK, I'll try just to look good to the cool guys.

    Change game nauw, no wait, kill the game and make new. Csgo good, I know things from it. Can tell you, listen!!!! Period.

    I have been. You're just sitting here trolling.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 618Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    The games already killed itself bud, not sure if you're aware of that fact.. were making valid suggestions to give the game a spark, some life cause yes we know what a lot of comp players have been saying over the years.

    Tell me how leaving the game the same benefits AAPG? do you think in 5 days when you wake up all the sudden out of thin air 5K people are gonna be playing? good luck with that

    At this point, its just stupid to leave the game as is.

    Hey, I will take all changes they throw at me. And even that will not make it a success. As you wisely recognized... It's dead. Still there is a bit life in it and I + a few other chew the bone till the give some new food. That's what YOU don't get. You ride one topic since weeks. With ~5 people. You can't be that clueless.
    AAPG is good!
Sign In or Register to comment.