Fix the game or End it

2»

Comments

• LetumOmnisLetumOmnis Posts: 12Player
    Thanks. Hollywood. I'm guessing dev team is aware of map skin glitch in new update?
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    LetumOmnis wrote: »
    Thanks. Hollywood. I'm guessing dev team is aware of map skin glitch in new update?

Yep, sorry about that! Our build was good but the texture files got corrupted during the patch creation and upload process. We've already restarted. :(
  • LetumOmnisLetumOmnis Posts: 12Player
    Stuff happens. Made for an interesting morning trying to find the enemy in the matrix.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,418Player
    edited October 2018
    aaHollywood
    Setting aside the Dev tag for a moment, why do people say this? If you don't want to play a game anymore, don't play it anymore -- but why must it end? Why do you care if other people still play it?

I've never said, "man I am so tired of Destiny 2, I'm gonna go tell the devs to end it." Like who does this?

TT8oG9l.jpg
  • Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 98Player
    My opinion as a ps4 player. This is what the game needs.

1. Option to play with certain type of players in open lobby. Eg, players over 1.50KD or above certain rank, we choose parameters.
    2. Option to prevent some idiot from healing you while in a compromised position.
    3. Play only with people with headsets-mics.
    4. Better ping. It sucks trying to play with friends on the other coast. Ideal ping on s west coast server for me is between 32-48, anytime I go east coast it's between 88 and 128 and people eat 30 bullets like nothing.

That's it for now. Love the game, want better teammates and competitive action.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 632Player

1. Option to play with certain type of players in open lobby. Eg, players over 1.50KD or above certain rank, we choose parameters.
    2. Option to prevent some idiot from healing you while in a compromised position.
    4. Better ping. It sucks trying to play with friends on the other coast. Ideal ping on s west coast server for me is between 32-48, anytime I go east coast it's between 88 and 128 and people eat 30 bullets like nothing.

1. A lot of people have suggested some sort of matchmaking. I'm not sure it'll ever be a thing in AAPG though. I'd be curious to know what the "average" KD is of a decent player on PS4, though. I've watched some PS4 videos and PS4 streams, and it seems like people get a lot of free kills on clueless enemies. That doesn't happen nearly as often on PC. I'd say a 2.0 KD on PC is a lot more impressive than a 2.0 KD on PS4, based on what I've seen.
    2. I think I remember people requesting the option to decline a revive back in the open beta. You could try searching and seeing what the discussion was like and if it was ever stated why this didn't happen.
    3. There's really no way to enforce this.
    4. I'm not sure what you're proposing here. Are there only East and West coast servers for PS4? If the suggestion is to add Midwest servers, I would agree. Beyond that I don't know what you think they can do. Latency is a reality of the internet. I've posted dozens of hit reg issues myself, but nobody's going to "eat 30 bullets like nothing" because of a sub-150 ping.

Random Dev question: Just out of curiosity, what kind of hit reg is PS4 using?
  • KartiganKartigan Posts: 83Developer

I would call it a hybrid system. Some things are done on client, some on the server, and everything is verified on the server. This allows the game to give some things, like visual/auditory feedback, immediately.
  • Ix-M0NTANA-xIIx-M0NTANA-xI Posts: 98Player

1. A lot of people have suggested some sort of matchmaking. I'm not sure it'll ever be a thing in AAPG though. I'd be curious to know what the "average" KD is of a decent player on PS4, though. I've watched some PS4 videos and PS4 streams, and it seems like people get a lot of free kills on clueless enemies. That doesn't happen nearly as often on PC. I'd say a 2.0 KD on PC is a lot more impressive than a 2.0 KD on PS4, based on what I've seen.
    2. I think I remember people requesting the option to decline a revive back in the open beta. You could try searching and seeing what the discussion was like and if it was ever stated why this didn't happen.
    3. There's really no way to enforce this.
    4. I'm not sure what you're proposing here. Are there only East and West coast servers for PS4? If the suggestion is to add Midwest servers, I would agree. Beyond that I don't know what you think they can do. Latency is a reality of the internet. I've posted dozens of hit reg issues myself, but nobody's going to "eat 30 bullets like nothing" because of a sub-150 ping.

4. Mid west/centrsl servers is an idea. I have alot of east coast friends but I wont play in rooms with 120+ ping.
  • Toe_Tag_Toe_Tag_ Posts: 18Player
    I find it funny when people say end a game. It's hard to find a game with devs continued community involvement and support.
    With all the work there doing this game can only go in one direction that is for the better.
    Keep up the good work devs.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Toe_Tag_ wrote: »
    I find it funny when people say end a game. It's hard to find a game with devs continued community involvement and support.
    With all the work there doing this game can only go in one direction that is for the better.

sorry bud, but the games been out for years and the only direction its going is down

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »

sorry bud, but the games been out for years and the only direction its going is down

Yet here you are with full interest in it.
    It says a lot if a game has been out for years does it not?
    Yet here you are with full interest in it.
    It says a lot if a game has been out for years does it not?

only reason Im here is cause AA is the game I started playing back in 2003, Im connected at the hip.

but I'm not delusional like some here who think the game is good.

Im here in HOPE that the next version wont dissapoint as bad as AAPG did, heck AA3 didnt bug me as much as this version did.

edited October 2018
    Ya. I was a die hard Socomer until they closed the servers.
    I think that's why I like this game because it doesn't carry all the bs stuff like in other shooters.
    Ya. I was a die hard Socomer until they closed the servers.
    I think that's why I like this game because it doesn't carry all the bs stuff like in other shooters.

True, it doesnt have some of the bells and whistles other games have, those titles use those features to sell the game that only last 9 months before a new game comes out. This game is more of a classic shooter, however we too have features that simply areant balanced well and could use adjustments.

no game is perfect, but we can try

• ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,089Player
    edited October 2018
    I want to say I started playing America's Army back in version 1.6 (early 2003) and played consistently until maybe mid-to-late 2006 and then sporadically after that. Back in 2003 I was 17 years old, prime age that the Army wanted to be playing their game. I never joined the Army, but I wouldn't say that being exposed to the game and the tons of vets who played it didn't at least make the idea cross my mind. Anyway, find me any other game that I played consistently for three years, and it doesn't exist.

I tried AA3 multiple times, but it never stuck with me. I will say that I played AAPG consistently from May 2013 until late 2015 and then sporadically until sometime in 2016, so even then that's 2-3 years. Again, I can't really say that about any other franchise unless you want to count Half-Life and its various mods (HL DM, TFC, CS, Firearms, Natural Selection, to name a few) as a single game from 1999 until 2003. I feel like there was a huge difference between the experience for the original America's Army vs. AAPG.

Even though I played AAPG for a long time, I can't say I committed nearly the amount of hours as the original. I think after the main release in October 2015, I probably spent more time in map editor than in the game itself. My profile says I only have 143 hours since the main release of the game, meanwhile Steam shows me at 1220 hours. Surely most of those hours came during beta, but a lot also in the mission editor.

I know much of the decline is also due to being older, married and having more responsibilities. However, the game never had that same feeling as the original. It was always missing that "something" that made the original great. Plenty of us saw the potential, but it never fulfilled it and instead in some areas got worse (e.g., suppression, aim punch, broken supported, and other gameplay issues that no matter how much we begged for them to change never happened). It's why we're all here throwing out ideas and brainstorming on how to make the next game a return to form for the AA franchise. It's our favorite gaming franchise that nothing else has come close to in our opinions. AA3 & AAPG were complete failures when you compare it to the original America's Army. Even if you want to say that the PS4 version has had some success, the PC version was a failure. The next version can change that. There are tons of people who will play an America's Army game that goes back to its roots and does it right.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • ll--Yoder--llll--Yoder--ll Posts: 1Player
    edited October 2018
    PS4 has Auto Aim Assist and you still cant kill people?

Omg lololololol... I do agree with him about ending the game tho

Setting aside the Dev tag for a moment, why do people say this? If you don't want to play a game anymore, don't play it anymore -- but why must it end? Why do you care if other people still play it?

I've never said, "man I am so tired of Destiny 2, I'm gonna go tell the devs to end it." Like who does this?

Hey man I'm just an average PS4 player but I really enjoy this game! I like the revive and secure factors too it makes much more interesting than CS if you ask me. A really fantastic FPS don't listen to the haters. The only feedback I have is you guys should think about putting in a voting system to kick players.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 308Player
    PS4 has Auto Aim Assist and you still cant kill people?

Omg lololololol... I do agree with him about ending the game tho

Hey man I'm just an average PS4 player but I really enjoy this game! I like the revive and secure factors too it makes much more interesting than CS if you ask me. A really fantastic FPS don't listen to the haters. The only feedback I have is you guys should think about putting in a voting system to kick players.

Idk man.. too open to abuse by parties. A party could just come in and vote to kick you out to make room for friends or simply b/c they don't like you. Or for no reason at all.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 421Player

I'm guilty. I say to end it because a light has been shown for a new direction. Any time wasted on a game that will *soon" go away is just bad news and the wrong way to spend money. Even if the new game doesn't have the team to develop it yet, spend the money that would be used making AAPG on prototyping stuff and making serious plans and outlines of what will allow the next version to be the most successful version yet. Feed the hungry trolls who lerk in the shadows thirsting for a revival of an Army game where you are a solider, you train, and you feel connected to the Army and this great country and make people proud like they are in real life when they see a soldier, support efforts, remember those forgotten, and are ready to back any forces who push to make America GREAT!

DO ITTT!!! LOL
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!