AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

Comments

• RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 189Player
    I was not aware that aaHollywood was Playstation 4 only.
    It's completely understandable he might not understand some of this stuff.
    35d2uec.png
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 117Beta Tester
    OICURMT! wrote: »
    (Bring it back into the game plz)..

Ummm... no.

In AA2, this was getting outta control, to the point where, in some cases, there are an obvious advantage in a fight.

One example I remember was when you bound a reload after the mag was empty and then switch to your pistol, then back to the primary. The reload would complete instantaneously even though you had the pistol.

All bound to the fire key.

I'm not saying to unlock all of it, just that one part where you can bound spot command to your left mouse at the same time as fire command. The rest can just stay hard-coded..

Ummmm... ok... I'll agree to that.

Not a bad idea, I also love to see a 2 second delay between each jump..

I haven't played in a while, but I remember there being a "bunny hop" delay.

They added some delay yes, but not that it will effect jumping.. I can still spam it.

Ummmm... no, I personally can bunny-hop my life away IRL!... that said, trying to BH and fire, well, I think the penalty should be on the firing side and NOT the hopping side.

Personal experience with firearms dictate that BHing and Firing *ACCURATELY* are mutually exclusive.

OIC!
    --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
  • Foutre?!Foutre?! Posts: 713Player
    edited September 2018
    OICURMT! wrote: »
    Not a bad idea, I also love to see a 2 second delay between each jump..

I haven't played in a while, but I remember there being a "bunny hop" delay.

They added some delay yes, but not that it will effect jumping.. I can still spam it.

Ummmm... no, I personally can bunny-hop my life away IRL!... that said, trying to BH and fire, well, I think the penalty should be on the firing side and NOT the hopping side.

Personal experience with firearms dictate that BHing and Firing *ACCURATELY* are mutually exclusive.

OIC!

Well sure, go ahead spam that key and turn your back to tactical gaming and have this casual arcade crap that we have now because you can jump irl. I mean, most people love easy games like this so I do understand why.. But the series lost the soldier feeling and realism, this version of AA would never be able to recruit people to become soldiers or learn something from it like the other AA's did. Being able to jump 24/7 and glitching the system in the process because when you get shot mid air your body starts flying, and I landed outside the map multiple times so they could not revive me. GG.

Oh, and FYI.. It's IMPOSSIBLE to B-Hop in this game, as beta tester you should know that!.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited September 2018
    Well sure, go ahead spam that key and turn your back to tactical gaming and have this casual arcade crap that we have now because you can jump irl. I mean, most people love easy games like this so I do understand why.. But the series lost the soldier feeling and realism, this version of AA would never be able to recruit people to become soldiers or learn something from it like the other AA's did. Being able to jump 24/7 and glitching the system in the process because when you get shot mid air your body starts flying, and I landed outside the map multiple times so they could not revive me. GG.

Oh, and FYI.. It's IMPOSSIBLE to B-Hop in this game, as beta tester you should know that!.

Bunny hopping doesn't make a game arcadish at all, csgo has B hopping and its anything but, in fact AAPG doesnt have B hopping and is way more acradish than csgo, its a classic run n gun game.

From most post over the years here people are against B hops because they cant hit a moving target, then they use some garbage excuse like "realism" to banish it

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »

Bunny hopping doesn't make a game arcadish at all, csgo has B hopping and its anything but, in fact AAPG doesnt have B hopping and is way more acradish than csgo, its a classic run n gun game.

From most post over the years here people are against B hops because they cant hit a moving target, then they use some garbage excuse like "realism" to banish it

Don't get me wrong, I jump around corners myself.. But we could use some more delay between jumps, seeing players bouncing around like a skippybal just doesn't make sense. That's why I wanted a 2sec delay between jumps..
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,015Moderator
    That's why I wanted a 2sec delay between jumps..
    Bad idea imho, when it was first introduced in 2.3 it was horrible, trying to jump up on something to get out of harms way and miss made you just stand there, and that was just 1/10s delay, imagine standing there for a couple of seconds.

ss_4_frankof.png
  • DrawnDrawn Posts: 169Player
    Maybe a 0.1 -0.2 milisecond delay more would make it look a bit less goofy. But i dont mind it at all. 2 seconds delay make you unable to get atop of loads of stuff anyhow.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer

Yeah I haven't played games on PC since like 2005 lol. I have an Xbox at home and two PS4's at work. I haven't even had a PC in the house for five years, all mobile!
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,116Player
    edited September 2018
    People bunny hopped all the time in the original America's Army. The rampant complaints about bunny hopping, people crouching and standing too quickly, grenades not being realistic enough, etc is what led to the downfall of AA2. First they limited how often you could jump; then we got atomic flash bangs where guys would literally stand around with a flashbang in hand, wait until they heard someone and toss it for a free kill; then we got limits to how often you could crouch. Before you knew it the game became more and more gimped and people started leaving. AA3 put the nail in the coffin, but the game was dying well before that.

Of course some AA purists will say that the game began to die with AA 2.0. Most others will say somewhere around version 2.3 was the best version. I believe the revival community used 2.5 for some technical reasons not because it was the optimal version. Somewhere around 2.6 or 2.7 was when I remember a lot of people checking out.

Yeah I haven't played games on PC since like 2005 lol. I have an Xbox at home and two PS4's at work. I haven't even had a PC in the house for five years, all mobile!

You definitely need to fire up the PC and mingle with the PC community a bit :smile:
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,015Moderator
    Drawn wrote: »
    Maybe a 0.1 -0.2 milisecond delay more would make it look a bit less goofy. But i dont mind it at all. 2 seconds delay make you unable to get atop of loads of stuff anyhow.
    with players claiming they can feel the difference between 50ms an 100ms latency i dont think 200ms artificially added lag will float well ;)

ss_4_frankof.png
    frankof wrote: »
    Bad idea imho, when it was first introduced in 2.3 it was horrible, trying to jump up on something to get out of harms way and miss made you just stand there, and that was just 1/10s delay, imagine standing there for a couple of seconds.

Still happens to me all the time when sprinting and trying to climb the rail of a stairs, solution.. Give climbing it's own key instead of having it on space put it on F.. Would save me from a lot of auto climb situations too.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,116Player

Still happens to me all the time when sprinting and trying to climb the rail of a stairs, solution.. Give climbing it's own key instead of having it on space put it on F.. Would save me from a lot of auto climb situations too.

PUBG within the last few months (I think) implemented a separate bind for jump vs. vault. When they first implemented it, they used the same key. Now they have three key bind settings: Jump/Vault, Jump, & Vault. People can choose which they like best and go with it.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    Its been suggested for at least 4 years to separate jump from vault, it never came, although it would be a welcomed addition,I wouldnt consider it a major change that needs addressing for the success of AA5. Neither would be trying to figure out delays on B hopping, as Whiplash pointed out, changes to movement restrictions were never taken positively.

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 442Player
    I don't like bunny hoping, but I don't remember having a problem killing people in AA2 with it. That was probably because hip fire was solid and I didn't have to scope up to kill them.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    That;s because for anyone that can aim, it wasnt an issue. It was just something fun to do, the day you can bhop around while shooting headshots and changing the entire meta of the game is the day bhopping becomes an issue, otherwise its just there.

• LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 320Player

Does this mean I have a slim chance at getting a Dev badge for killing a dev in-game?
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • DrawnDrawn Posts: 169Player
    Drawn wrote: »
    with players claiming they can feel the difference between 50ms an 100ms latency i dont think 200ms artificially added lag will float well ;)

That makes sense, I just wondered if that could help the "bhop/jumping" disliking fellows.
    Does this mean I have a slim chance at getting a Dev badge for killing a dev in-game?

Yeah I try to get killed several times a day so people can get the achievement lol
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    When is the game version available on EU and other countries for ps4? We have been told "soon", it sounds like never though.

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
    When is the game version available on EU and other countries for ps4? We have been told "soon", it sounds like never though.

At the moment I don't know if it will or not. I know when people ask me on social media and such I tell them to switch their PS4's region to the USA and then download it. That seems to work, and we have servers in Germany to support that kind of thing.

This might have something to do with the Euro privacy law stuff that happened recently, honestly I just don't know offhand.