AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

Comments

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,123Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Whippy, you say you want Army values. One of them might be that getting shot at is tough business so be aware of the disadvantages or effects, and avoid them when you can to stay in the fight.

So, a decisive engagement from you is infinitely more valuable to you than an exposed [TOS Violation] for tat lead trading session.

As was said before, these things were added to mimic real world difficulties even if they're not exact.

Sorry, that's not on the list :lol:
    https://www.army.mil/values/

You need to balance between gameplay and realism (or an attempt at realism).
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    Problem is people are freely and openly running Macros and Auto Key Programs to bypass the effects of Suppression/Deviation/Penalties.
    So effectively you are penalising the normal everyday legit player and not the cheater who should be punished.

Is this true/verified? Not cool
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    Whiplash27 wrote:
    Sorry, that's not on the list :lol:
    https://www.army.mil/values/

You need to balance between gameplay and realism (or an attempt at realism).

:D

I understand what you're saying. However, all of you want to go away from the arcade-ish AAPG back toward AA2 when AAPG DOES have Army ideas built in. They're just not popular.

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 321Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    That's how it should be. If two people of equal skill and health engage in combat, the person who shoots first (and hits consistently) should emerge victorious . Now I know of numerous times where I didn't get the first strike but still ended up winning the battle, but that was due to my opponent's own incompetence.

Suppression is fine as is. I can still hit targets when I'm under the effect of suppression, and that's all that matters. If it were taken away, it wouldn't affect gameplay in the slightest. AAPG would just be deprived of one of the few features it has.

If you shoot first and land the first shot, you have the advantage. After that point, if you hit the guy with enough shots to kill him before your enemy, then you win. However, if you shoot first, hit the guy on the chest, guy responds with a head shot... He was better, you lose. By adding so many penalties for getting hit, you put the guy who get shot at an even larger advantage than is necessary. The suppression + aim punch combo in this game is way too harsh.

There was a post here recently of someone posting them getting shot by a guy and trying to aim his M24 at the enemy and it shows an example of the suppression/aimpunch. I think more than anything else the double vision at the very minimum needs to go.

You mean disadvantage right?

I personally don't see the problem. If you're being suppressed you go and take cover. You're going to be at an extreme disadvantage if you try to shoot at someone when they're already shooting the crap outta you. The case with the M-24 is very logical, as I highly doubt a person can concentrate when they're being showered with bullets.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 290Player
    Problem is people are freely and openly running Macros and Auto Key Programs to bypass the effects of Suppression/Deviation/Penalties.
    So effectively you are penalising the normal everyday legit player and not the cheater who should be punished.

I can confirm that at least as of 2 years ago, this was true. The majority of high level teams had at least one or two bad actors.
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 189Player

Whoa, easy now. Just because I don't have an icon does not mean its not reputable lol. :p
    Load up your smurf account, jump on TS and come Pubbing.
    You will be able to spot it a mile off.
    Or not and just watch youtube videos about it, I don't mind. =)
    35d2uec.png
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer

Whoa, easy now. Just because I don't have an icon does not mean its not reputable lol. :p
    Load up your smurf account, jump on TS and come Pubbing.
    You will be able to spot it a mile off.
    Or not and just watch youtube videos about it, I don't mind. =)

Lol easy there, killer, I just wanted a second opinion
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 713Player
    edited September 2018

There are some people yes, not many.. At least not many for using it to control their recoil.. Me personally I use a macro on my left mouse button so I can shoot, spot and scream HOOAH at the same time. And the only reason I set it to my mouse is because they removed the ability of those key bindings in the game. (Bring it back into the game plz)..
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player

I can confirm that at least as of 2 years ago, this was true. The majority of high level teams had at least one or two bad actors.

Eaaaassy with this statement.. Sure wasn't all high level teams, and it wasn't marcos, they're super easy to spot, the sound is different, that wasn't an issue in Comp. It was that auto hot key or whatever that controlled recoil from what we seen.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw

Suppression is fine as is. I can still hit targets when I'm under the effect of suppression, and that's all that matters. If it were taken away, it wouldn't affect gameplay in the slightest. AAPG would just be deprived of one of the few features it has.

Goodness me this statement hurts my head just as much as the suppression gives me headaches after 2 min of playing.
    Sometimes "features" have a negative effect on a game, this being one of them, in fact one of the Major issues I for sure know many players stopped playing because of.

=IK=Doba= wrote: »

Goodness me this statement hurts my head just as much as the suppression gives me headaches after 2 min of playing.
    Sometimes "features" have a negative effect on a game, this being one of them, in fact one of the Major issues I for sure know many players stopped playing because of.

Keep in mind, he doesn't play the PC version so in his eyes there is no problem.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 445Player
    I haven't played AAPG in a while... but for my entertainment, what if it were a choice, suppression as it is now or a temporary 1-2 second movement penalty (50% normal movement speed) for each bullet landed, with a permanent (75% normal movement speed) movement penalty when at 30% or lower health. Which would you pick? Suppression or movement penalties?
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    Keep in mind, he doesn't play the PC version so in his eyes there is no problem.

Yes, thank you, I just posted about that in another thread, problem is we've seen many posters like this in the past, who just post for the sake of posting, new to the game knowing very little of how its actually played. These types of players had their say in AAPG, hopefully the Devs smarten up.. this sounds cruel but its for the good of the game (AAV)

I haven't played AAPG in a while... but for my entertainment, what if it were a choice, suppression as it is now or a temporary 1-2 second movement penalty (50% normal movement speed) for each bullet landed, with a permanent (75% normal movement speed) movement penalty when at 30% or lower health. Which would you pick? Suppression or movement penalties?

Not a bad idea, I also love to see a 2 second delay between each jump..

Yes, thank you, I just posted about that in another thread, problem is we've seen many posters like this in the past, who just post for the sake of posting, new to the game knowing very little of how its actually played. These types of players had their say in AAPG, hopefully the Devs smarten up.. this sounds cruel but its for the good of the game (AAV)

I think this will be the case with every game, would be fun if they added the playtime next to our names in the forums in the form of hours and not days as they have it in their stat pages for players..
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 117Beta Tester
    (Bring it back into the game plz)..

Ummm... no.

In AA2, this was getting outta control, to the point where, in some cases, there are an obvious advantage in a fight.

One example I remember was when you bound a reload after the mag was empty and then switch to your pistol, then back to the primary. The reload would complete instantaneously even though you had the pistol.

All bound to the fire key.
    --

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 445Player
    edited September 2018

I haven't played in a while, but I remember there being a "bunny hop" delay.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    OICURMT! wrote: »
    (Bring it back into the game plz)..

Ummm... no.

In AA2, this was getting outta control, to the point where, in some cases, there are an obvious advantage in a fight.

One example I remember was when you bound a reload after the mag was empty and then switch to your pistol, then back to the primary. The reload would complete instantaneously even though you had the pistol.

All bound to the fire key.

I'm not saying to unlock all of it, just that one part where you can bound spot command to your left mouse at the same time as fire command. The rest can just stay hard-coded..

They added some delay yes, but not that it will effect jumping.. I can still spam it.

Dont know why bunny hopping was ever an issue, I love when people hop around it means their gun isnt out .. EZ kills
    I would say leave it in play and let people make that mistake

Def. not picking suppression as it is now, cant take the game seriously and cant play it for a sustained period of time. Even looking at videos or watching someone stream, any action sequence and the screen blurs and shakes like mad.. I mean what the heck is going on

You mention temporary movement penalties while getting hit, which is how aim punch should work, minus the gun flying straight down at the ground part.

I rather not see movement health penalties because it will encourage spray, random fire including wall bangs just to get that advantage. I rather have an aim wins environment with not a lot of outside interference. As mentioned being low in health is the massive disadvantage, that means 1 more bullet and you're done, adding further penalties is pointless imo. At that point that player should be tactical walking anyways or just being used for spotting an enemy position.

• Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 290Player

Eaaaassy with this statement.. Sure wasn't all high level teams, and it wasn't marcos, they're super easy to spot, the sound is different, that wasn't an issue in Comp. It was that auto hot key or whatever that controlled recoil from what we seen.

Agree- which is what I understood Hollywood was asking. Either way, its bad joo joo.