AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,163Player
    WOW.. This is one monumental AAV feedback thread :lol: its hard to keep up!
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 344Developer
    Who is this guy (aaHollywood]? He's not like any other dev. Most of those guys seem to respond like robots. lol

Maybe he is the next advancement in the Army's AI program...?

Lol ssshhhhh
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,932Player
    Who is this guy (aaHollywood]? He's not like any other dev. Most of those guys seem to respond like robots. lol

He is the change we all have been waiting for :+1:

He's change we can believe in? Or maybe he's helping make America's Army great again?
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,780Player
    or maybe hes a fake :open_mouth:

more promise of a future only to yet again disappoint <--- odds on favorite if we were to bet btw.

just saying not hating

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 382Player
    It's tough. Too many recent disappointments, so I concur but maybe...

<Insert meme of me hoping for the opposite>
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 94Player
    People finally starting to see the irony in his name.

A place people dream of all the time, but ultimately reality takes precedence.

Back on track.. we are around 900 days away from possible release. I can’t wait for this thread to keep dragging on to 100+ pages

• LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 278Player
    Whiplash27 wrote: »

He is the change we all have been waiting for :+1:

He's change we can believe in? Or maybe he's helping make America's Army great again?

The prerequisite for any change is an impetus -- a driving force. To say that Hollywood is the driving force is a bit of a stretch ; but he has -- without-a-doubt-- revived the overall atmosphere of the forums.
    From hollywood's arrival we can assume that there must be some changes going on with the actual guys responsible for bringing and creating the content updates for AA. After all, as Hollywood mentioned in another thread, the team is trying to bring us updates every month - instead of every couple of months.

Of course, that's just talk. I don't know about you guys but I'll have to see what they actually do over the next few months before I can say for sure that they're turning over a new leaf

Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
    edited September 14
    BTW, trying to come back and play this game again, the thing that stands out most to me as an annoyance is the suppression and aim punch. Completely ruins firefights. Gets to a point where if you get hit, especially if your crosshair isn't near your enemy, you have no chance of fighting back short of pure luck.
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 164Player
    The only issue with UE4 (in its current form) is it favors high IPC CPU's instead of multiple cores or high ghz speed.
    Meaning, if you don't own a recent Intel CPU the likelihood of you having a smooth and playable gameplay is nil.
    As seen by players comments in games like Squad, Insurgency Sandstorm, ARK, PUBG ect.
    35d2uec.png
  • nu.-maRknu.-maRk Posts: 1Player
    Fire up auth servers on Americas Army 2.8.5. Patch it to 2.9. Call it AA5. Watch the community flood the servers.
    nu.-maRk wrote: »
    Fire up auth servers on Americas Army 2.8.5. Patch it to 2.9. Call it AA5. Watch the community flood the servers.

Doesn't AAO2.5 Assist still exist? Not many people playing that either. Game's on UE2.5. With the exception of CS 1.6, people won't go back to play a game that's so outdated.
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 496Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    I've posted about matchmaking before and how the ranks should look, using real life Army Ranks. However I dont believe this or any other AA title will be popular enough to support Matchmaking in a way csgo does.

That may be, but I think you could get around this by making clusters of ranks (X number of ranks for X tier) or just have a small number of ranks/tiers. It wouldn't be perfect but it's better than nothing.
    edited September 15
    BTW, trying to come back and play this game again, the thing that stands out most to me as an annoyance is the suppression and aim punch. Completely ruins firefights. Gets to a point where if you get hit, especially if your crosshair isn't near your enemy, you have no chance of fighting back short of pure luck.

Going to add that the bleeding mechanic is awful as well. I see no reason to have a bleeding/bandaging mechanic without a medical system. All it does is force you to run away from a gun fight in order to bandage yourself. Honestly, AA2 style is the best. You bleed slowly until a teammate patches you up. No self bandage, waste of time and gives the person who hit the first shot an even bigger advantage. Not only does the guy start bleeding out fast, but if the enemy has to duck out of combat to bandage, it allows him to get an even better defensive position on him.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 382Player
    Going to add that the bleeding mechanic is awful as well. I see no reason to have a bleeding/bandaging mechanic without a medical system. All it does is force you to run away from a gun fight in order to bandage yourself. Honestly, AA2 style is the best. You bleed slowly until a teammate patches you up. No self bandage, waste of time.

You also move slower after being shot. Max speed reduces to like 50%.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    edited September 17
    For AAV, please make a new rendition of this as the theme song:

AA3 did a rendition of it, AAPG decided to change. Go back to the classic. Obviously you can cut out the beginning part and skip to the higher intensity parts since people aren't in the main menu for long, but the song is such a great piece.

Also, one thing I remember an early YouTube review talking about was how AAPG didn't talk about the Army Values, the camaraderie, what it means to be a soldier, and stuff. I remember that stuff was plastered all over AAO. Bring that stuff back.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 344Developer
    For AAV, please make a new rendition of this as the theme song:

AA3 did a rendition of it, AAPG decided to change. Go back to the classic. Obviously you can cut out the beginning part and skip to the higher intensity parts since people aren't in the main menu for long, but the song is such a great piece.

Also, one thing I remember an early YouTube review talking about was how AAPG didn't talk about the Army Values, the camaraderie, what it means to be a soldier, and stuff. I remember that stuff was plastered all over AAO. Bring that stuff back.

Yeah I'm still good friends with the composer! Would love to bring it back!

And yes we're with you on the Army messaging!
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 278Player
    edited September 17

That's how it should be. If two people of equal skill and health engage in combat, the person who shoots first (and hits consistently) should emerge victorious . Now I know of numerous times where I didn't get the first strike but still ended up winning the battle, but that was due to my opponent's own incompetence.

Suppression is fine as is. I can still hit targets when I'm under the effect of suppression, and that's all that matters. If it were taken away, it wouldn't affect gameplay in the slightest. AAPG would just be deprived of one of the few features it has.

ALSO, question for hollywood:
    I read an in-game tip which suggests that I'm able to retrieve spare rounds from team-mates. Is this true for PS4?
    Honestly, there are so many hidden features in the game, that I think you guys need to re-think what the tutorial should cover
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 164Player
    edited September 17
    Problem is people are freely and openly running Macros and Auto Key Programs to bypass the effects of Suppression/Deviation/Penalties.
    So effectively you are penalising the normal everyday legit player and not the cheater who should be punished.
    35d2uec.png
    edited September 17
    That's how it should be. If two people of equal skill and health engage in combat, the person who shoots first (and hits consistently) should emerge victorious . Now I know of numerous times where I didn't get the first strike but still ended up winning the battle, but that was due to my opponent's own incompetence.

Suppression is fine as is. I can still hit targets when I'm under the effect of suppression, and that's all that matters. If it were taken away, it wouldn't affect gameplay in the slightest. AAPG would just be deprived of one of the few features it has.

If you shoot first and land the first shot, you have the advantage. After that point, if you hit the guy with enough shots to kill him before your enemy, then you win. However, if you shoot first, hit the guy on the chest, guy responds with a head shot... He was better, you lose. By adding so many penalties for getting hit, you put the guy who get shot at an even larger advantage than is necessary. The suppression + aim punch combo in this game is way too harsh.

There was a post here recently of someone posting them getting shot by a guy and trying to aim his M24 at the enemy and it shows an example of the suppression/aimpunch. I think more than anything else the double vision at the very minimum needs to go.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,325Beta Tester
    Whippy, you say you want Army values. One of them might be that getting shot at is tough business so be aware of the disadvantages or effects, and avoid them when you can to stay in the fight.

So, a decisive engagement from you is infinitely more valuable to you than an exposed [TOS Violation] for tat lead trading session.

As was said before, these things were added to mimic real world difficulties even if they're not exact.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.