AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

Comments

• aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 349Developer
    Flatlander wrote: »
    When Doc showed up we heard the same. "Hype, hype, promise, change". Now 3-5 people in my steam list are playing it. Sometimes. So, no credit till he delivers.

Lol, what do you want to know?
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 580Player
    Are you already working on the next version of this game since there WILL be a next game? Do you plan to further improve aapg with more regular updates(even small ones may raise new faith in this project)!? Would be cool to have a nice, clear answer without a if, maybe or soon :)
    AAPG is good!
    Are you already working on the next version of this game since there WILL be a next game? Do you plan to further improve aapg with more regular updates(even small ones may raise new faith in this project)!? Would be cool to have a nice, clear answer without a if, maybe or soon :)

Yes, but internally there isn't even a codename for it yet -- I've heard AA5, AA:New, and a couple others.

Yes, I was promised monthly updates this morning. The next new content is the M17 pistol, being tested now, with the SCAR (and OPFOR version) next.

What else?
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 1,938Player
    America's Army: Battle Royale, confirmed :lol:
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    America's Army: Battle Royale, confirmed :lol:

lol it's been suggested
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 931Moderator
    Bed making simulator!!!
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • nL^Z0naGaming_nL^Z0naGaming_ Posts: 663Player
    edited August 15
    I agree with doogle, over the years we lost faith in the Devs from this Army Studio. Personally I think they should use a set % of the funding that they still have into contracting a game studio. I mean look at New World Interactive that is pushing out Insurgency: Sandstorm soon, if you ask me that's how AAPG should have looked like by now. And they used UE4, never to late to ask some support from the outside.

We outsourced before and got AA3. /js

UE4 is pretty great /wink wink

Yes you outsourced, and it damaged the core of AA. Let's be fair, AA3 was a bust from day one. And you got that right, UE4 is great but it's to late for AAPG to start using it in my eyes. Unless you come with complete new coding for the server network and a better netcode then maybe, yes maybe it can be good on AAPG.. I played on the FRA13 today and it's a mess the amount of lagg is just not cool anymore.
    Yes you outsourced, and it damaged the core of AA. Let's be fair, AA3 was a bust from day one. And you got that right, UE4 is great but it's to late for AAPG to start using it in my eyes. Unless you come with complete new coding for the server network and a better netcode then maybe, yes maybe it can be good on AAPG.. I played on the FRA13 today and it's a mess the amount of lagg is just not cool anymore.

I'd think that AA5 would be a new game from the ground up. You can't just port a game from UE3 to UE4 all that easily.

I agree, it was.

And while yeah it's too late for UE4 now, we've actually been able to pull some improvements into AAPG/UE3 from UE4 that have been helpful performance-wise -- nothing major, 4-5 fps on a specific map, etc.

Can you make a new topic somewhere on the official server lag, that really concerns me since it's like official and all.
    I'd think that AA5 would be a new game from the ground up. You can't just port a game from UE3 to UE4 all that easily.

It would be, yeah. In UE4.
  • -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 150Player

It would be, yeah. In UE4.

This guy coming out of nowhere lol. I love the honesty though. Nice to finally see.

Any General ETA on a new game? Year? Month? Day?
  • nL^Z0naGaming_nL^Z0naGaming_ Posts: 663Player
    edited August 15

I agree, it was.

And while yeah it's too late for UE4 now, we've actually been able to pull some improvements into AAPG/UE3 from UE4 that have been helpful performance-wise -- nothing major, 4-5 fps on a specific map, etc.

Can you make a new topic somewhere on the official server lag, that really concerns me since it's like official and all.

There have been multiple topics about it the last couple months, the latest topic is;
    https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/7516/lag-in-official-servers

It's good to see you getting after it, however don't push yourself and definitely don't make promises. The AA community is a special type of community and if you fail to deliver one of those promises they will hunt you in your dreams. We have bad experience with so said fixes only to find out they were not fixed or they got worse lately that most players lost faith. So just be careful.

You can't just port a game from UE3 to UE4 all that easily.

Actually they can, it would take them lots of hours because it's a lot of work. They would have to rescale all assets, rebuild code/blueprints and import everything back in.

-R@MPAGE- wrote: »

Don't push your luck :lol:
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 580Player

Yes, but internally there isn't even a codename for it yet -- I've heard AA5, AA:New, and a couple others.

Yes, I was promised monthly updates this morning. The next new content is the M17 pistol, being tested now, with the SCAR (and OPFOR version) next.

What else?

In my face, appreciated. Do you have an idea already about when the monthly updates will start?
    AAPG is good!
    -R@MPAGE- wrote: »
    This guy coming out of nowhere lol. I love the honesty though. Nice to finally see.

Lol truth told I've been here since '06 and ain't got time for drama :awesome:

ETA is completely unknown. We are at (and there are some topics I can't discuss, like money) the weather is extremely favorable for AA5 so it's time to consider new ideas and platforms. There is a LOT to do before we even start coding.
    There have been multiple topics about it the last couple months, the latest topic is;
    https://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/7516/lag-in-official-servers

It's good to see you getting after it, however don't push yourself and definitely don't make promises. The AA community is a special type of community and if you fail to deliver one of those promises they will hunt you in your dreams. We have bad experience with so said fixes only to find out they were not fixed or they got worse lately that most players lost faith. So just be careful.
    Roger that. I'll see what I can find.

I'm not promising anything and I understand the community we have, it's why I'm back now after all this time. I'm not making promises but we all know you deserve better than you've gotten.
    my face, appreciated. Do you have an idea already about when the monthly updates will start?

Again, in the meeting this morning I was promised end of this month or next for bug fixes, quarterly updates for new content -- pistol end of this month or next, as soon as beta testers call it done (they have it now).
    edited August 15
    So aaHollywood, are you the new (or maybe additional) Tots?
    So aaHollywood, are you the new (or maybe additional) Tots?

New and then some.

Tots is gonzo.
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 718Player
    Hello apparently "new" DEV. It is good to hear a new AA is coming out. This series is to good to have an end.
    My suggestions are pretty simple, a mix of aa2 and aapg. This means admins having alot of control of their own servers - which will allow competition to grow smoothly; improving the netcode, please don't use the lag/ping compensation system; a long leveling system like AA2; leaderboards; a singleplayer place to practise aim and other stuff.
    Very basic, superficial suggestions, but important. The most complete game was AA2, so looking into that is a good idea.

Good luck, sir, please make this game great again.

Over 1.1k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,163Player
    edited August 15
    Wooaah.. what's all this? a new dev who has been here 12 years? suddenly decides to join the fun.. start sharing information? dropping AA5 bombs? giving us what we've always asked for, communication.. and Tots is a fraggle??

Hollywood eh? a land of dreams.. I've been away so long and it's been so quiet. I think I must be dreaming this whole thing.

What the heck, I'll say Welcome just incase this is real, nice to meet you aaHollywood and thanks!
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.