Opt-In 3 is now live on steam!

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
http://news.americasarmy.com/opt-in-test-3/

The third Opt-In beta begins Thursday 21 MAY 2015 at 0900 CST and ends Tuesday 26 MAY 2015 at 0900 CST

Maps included with this opt-in test:
  • Downtown – Check out the new addition
  • Bakery window adjusted (again)
  • Watchdog AC – New spawn point should favor attack a bit more
  • Overload – Another look at this map after a short break from it
  • Two new, very new, very raw white box maps
  • Outpost – New white box, smaller and fast paced
  • Data Center – New white box, larger and slower

How do I participate?
  1. Right-click on the “America’s Army: Proving Grounds Beta” game in your Steam Library
  2. Select “Properties”
  3. Select the “BETAS” tab
  4. Click the drop down where you select the beta you would like to opt into and select “test3 – Opt-in test #3″

WARNING – this will download the opt-in test and replace the current version of the game you have! You can always select “NONE” and go back, but it will be a few GB download.

There is no limit to the number of people that can download the opt-in beta, but we will have a limited number of servers running. If all servers are full you can spectate to wait for a spot or try again later. There were several user-hosted servers during the last opt-in running custom settings, so there shouldn’t be a problem finding a server to play on.

Additional issues fixed:
  • Players may no longer shoot through crates and other objects that should block bullets
  • Car no longer clips into wall on Downtown
  • Fixed a collision issue for steps on Downtown
  • HUD elements hidden when loadout screen comes up
  • When joining a game in progress players are put into 1P perspective right away
  • Mission type filter on server browser now works as expected
  • Crosshair menu dropdowns now have a scroll bar
  • Gamepad settings screen removed for now
  • Objective icon appears correctly on the enhanced spectator screen
  • In-game settings screen now uses a transparent background
  • Scroll bar appearance improved on the Settings screen
  • Loadout screen elements no longer overlap with text chat window
  • Role names now fits within the buttons
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    And I'm on my way to work :( I'll playing this tonight!! Make sure to demorec if your on our server!

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    omg omg omg omg ! :p

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Not many made it into this opt-in. There's some heavy work being done with occlusion and reverb right now. Some things like sound in inner hospital were fixed though.

• [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    We have scaled back the impact the occlusion/obstruction stuff has and also made the values more consistent across the board. Still a work in progress though.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Minimap design on the white boxes is WONDERFUL, should we expect this for all the maps?

DFd3Efy.jpg

kcAMp4W.jpg
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,429Player
    Is there a way to download opt-in and still keep Beta its annoying having to keep downloading.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,594Beta Tester
    Yes, SD...do a Steam backup of the Open. Then do the Opt-in. After, Restore the old version.
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    BCPull wrote: »
    Minimap design on the white boxes is WONDERFUL, should we expect this for all the maps?

DFd3Efy.jpg

kcAMp4W.jpg

Love it, now add players names and all is right with the map :)

• [Dev]Rawrster[Dev]Rawrster Posts: 329Developer
    BCPull wrote: »

DFd3Efy.jpg

kcAMp4W.jpg

I literally threw those together as quickly as possible just so people wouldn't get as lost, haha. Do you seriously prefer that style over what we have for all the current maps?
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited May 2015
    Yes, 100% sincere

Clear, easy to read, emphasizes the lanes / chokes, gives clear location names
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,008Moderator
    I literally threw those together as quickly as possible just so people wouldn't get as lost, haha. Do you seriously prefer that style over what we have for all the current maps?
    Yes, for reasons provided by PCPull
  • HesedielHesediel Posts: 17Player
    it's a scandal that the epu bug still works in the new version...watch all the people using that...firing and running like the flash
    it's a scandal that the epu bug still works in the new version...watch all the people using that...firing and running like the flash

Please explain what you mean here

• HesedielHesediel Posts: 17Player
    that everybody knows that in this game if someone can overclock the cpu that makes the character move faster and fire faster just a simple epu overclock americas army on youtube to see...and as i can see it works in this version too
    It must be a specific overclock, because both my work and home computers are quite overclocked and have no increased speed in game.

Please send me any/all information you have to http://www.americasarmy.com/contact

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    I believe its already reported long time ago.

• {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 206Player
    edited May 2015
    I don't know why, but in the first two opt-ins i had FPS drops..Just tried the current opt-in, and all problems gone. Constant fps, even if i open the score board. The two new maps are cool, and new radar looks a little bit shabby but it gives you much better coordination and the areas are clearly named.

Will play the game this evening and just enjoy, thanks! Thumb up!!
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    Overload is agood map I feel like. However there could be more ladders in order to get up on the trains, or get up on some other buildings. And would give different routes to get a good flank. Generally speaking I like that the possibilities to reach a certain point or area should be multiple. (and similarly possibilites to get away are just as many)
    --
    On Downtown, the extra area that was open from Shadowstep could be even longer, and start from market. This would mean that defense, would have to defend on two fronts and not in a linear 3 lanes fashion.
    --
    The sound needs to get addressed, and has at the moment too much echo. I will not get further in details, as I am sure you've had ample feedback on that.
    --
    the "new sliding" or the fact that is has changed a little seems good, and is less abusive (I believe that it doesn't allow the player to slide to much whilst looking sideways)
    --
    The small HUD change with the gun selected being a couple of centimeters infront of the others makes perfect sense when having to scroll up or down to change weapon! A detail, but a nice one!
    --
    Performance wise, I am happy - but still feel we could gain more FPS by lowering more the graphics, just to be able to have more players with lesser PCs.
    --
    The overall look of the map is great and is pretty. The different skins on the players are just great and adds the polished feel this game's deserves. For play ability I still think it might be difficult to differentiates clearly between enemies and surroundings, but might just be a "getting used to" thing.
    --

/Philippovich
  • [PCM]Tuksu82[PCM]Tuksu82 Posts: 10Player
    edited May 2015
    I believe its already reported long time ago.

*EDIT* Maybe i just send bug report... Has been there since AA3, posted through Tots link.