Female character

Why aren’t there any female character skins? I don’t know how long it takes to make a character model but you should consider adding them to a future update devs.
Female characters
  1. Yay or nay19 votes
    1. Yay
      52.63%
    2. Nay
      47.37%

Comments

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 677Player
    It's been discussed at length before. I don't think the answer was No, but it's one of those questions - is there any real value to simply re-skinning a face? Recording a female Hooah? We already wait several months in between updates with actual content. IMO, this would just be a PR thing.

• RobinSageRobinSage Posts: 12Player
    Well they are adding an update soon, but for the US Army flaunting how many female soldiers they have you’d expect something like this, especially when there are so many male skins.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,016Moderator
    edited April 2018
    It was fairly recent(2016) that females was allowed into the roles that the game is portraying, the game isnt new you know.
    As doogle states its not a flat out "no" as it used to be, but i highly doubt that anyone will deem it worth the effort. (from a game point of view)
    It boils down to resources i guess.

Old dev quote(found by search!!)
    TheTots wrote: »
    Hey there!

When the game was in development female soldiers were not in combat roles.
    Just this year women began to enlist into the infantry in the US Army.
    This is something we would like to add in the future but currently, there are other planned items in the pipeline.
    ss_4_frankof.png
    yeah I see what you mean but I still think it would be a good idea
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 549Beta Tester
    edited April 2018
    Sibelis2 wrote: »
    [MOD EDIT]

The default is random. My character changes face every time I open the "my soldier" menu.

Regarding the original post: I think it'd be cool, but it's not as simple as adding a new face. I don't know where I read this (maybe from an Arma3 dev?) but they said adding a face is not enough. New animations and body models are needed as well, otherwise it'd look stupid. As far as I know creating animations is not an easy task either...
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • H.E.A.T.H.E.A.T. Posts: 179Player
    oh really so why women for?? and you mean like this right.yee but its hard for DEV and if they will update that to women then maybe they will take monye from us loool.its hard to work when this are free game .)

[MOD EDIT]

The default is random. My character changes face every time I open the "my soldier" menu.

Regarding the original post: I think it'd be cool, but it's not as simple as adding a new face. I don't know where I read this (maybe from an Arma3 dev?) but they said adding a face is not enough. New animations and body models are needed as well, otherwise it'd look stupid. As far as I know creating animations is not an easy task either...

Adding a new character model would be a bad move if it changes the hit box. So unless the female model is exactly the same as a male, which you say will look stupid, then I'd want to be a female 100% of the time due to being a smaller target.
  • Foutre?!Foutre?! Posts: 713Player
    I don't see the need for it, it's a shooter.. Don't really care if I kill a man, woman, cat or a dog as long they shoot at me and i've the power to return fire it's all good. If you want it pure because of female stuff.. There are other website for it, just saying..
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 549Beta Tester
    doogle! wrote: »
    [MOD EDIT]

Adding a new character model would be a bad move if it changes the hit box. So unless the female model is exactly the same as a male, which you say will look stupid, then I'd want to be a female 100% of the time due to being a smaller target.

Actually, this would only matter for friendly fire. As the enemy always has the "Czervanian guy" model, adding a US female character would not matter. The only place where you could notice some misalignment between the hitbox and the female model is when you are shooting at teammates - which is not a big deal IMO.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
    doogle! wrote: »
    [MOD EDIT]

Actually, this would only matter for friendly fire. As the enemy always has the "Czervanian guy" model, adding a US female character would not matter. The only place where you could notice some misalignment between the hitbox and the female model is when you are shooting at teammates - which is not a big deal IMO.

Ah, great point.
  • tigerlilytigerlily Posts: 8Player
    frankof wrote: »
    It was fairly recent(2016) that females was allowed into the roles that the game is portraying, the game isnt new you know.
    As doogle states its not a flat out "no" as it used to be, but i highly doubt that anyone will deem it worth the effort.

With a resounding HELLS YAH, it’s worth the effort.

- tigerlily -
    coldfurnace.com
  • Foutre?!Foutre?! Posts: 713Player
    Let's just dream about AA4 with both male and female soldiers, the same "career mode" we had in AA2 were you had to do the training like SF in order to play those maps, or medical training in order to be medic, etc, etc... All that on a better game engine, think you have more joy playing that then waiting for them to add female soldiers here and still have to play a outdated game like this.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,438Player
    DAX51W8.jpg

=) =) =)
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    Oh, wow! Is that Reyfox?! :o
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • tigerlilytigerlily Posts: 8Player
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    DAX51W8.jpg

=) =) =)

Bless your troll heart @-SD-DELTON , I love it!

- tigerlily -
    coldfurnace.com
    Lol
  • H.E.A.T.H.E.A.T. Posts: 179Player
    i dont see at that are women.) look at the body hahaha not in the eyes.)and what about the whooa at the women then??