M9 is a finger?

2

Comments

  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    jmckissi wrote: »
    Im not playing again until this garbage is turned off. Killed,from across the map with a hand gun? Not fun...or funny.

    The handgun mechanic isn't changed, only design is changed.
    And it is funny.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • Toe_Tag_Toe_Tag_ Posts: 18Player
    Did I say it's like a job/work? In fact this game makes it easy considering the people that play it.
  • Toe_Tag_Toe_Tag_ Posts: 18Player
    -Ner0- wrote: »
    jmckissi wrote: »
    Im not playing again until this garbage is turned off. Killed,from across the map with a hand gun? Not fun...or funny.

    The handgun mechanic isn't changed, only design is changed.
    And it is funny.

    Umm yes the mechanics of the M9 have changed. IT"S A ONE SHOT KILL NOW.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    Show me a video where a player with full health gets killed by one pistol shot to the BODY.

    (Headshots within a certain distance are always one shot kills with ANY weapon.)
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Toe_Tag_Toe_Tag_ Posts: 18Player
    I was doing it all night last night. If your really interested go to a twitch channel right now and watch people snipe with it.
    I'm watching right now.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    Look at my video in this thread. Body shot, not a one kill shot.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • Toe_Tag_Toe_Tag_ Posts: 18Player
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    edited April 2018
    Toe_Tag_ wrote: »

    Had to be a headshot then. I saw TheRealShampoo4u 2 min. ago shot a guy from behind, close up, needed several body shot like in my video.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    Toe_Tag_ wrote: »

    So you're saying that's guy coming through the door shot the guy we're spectating in the BODY? Based on what evidence? What I see is a pistol headshot going down, just as I expect.

    Listen, if body shots are one shot kills, I need to bug it. But I need actual evidence so someone can go fix it.

    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • LetumOmnisLetumOmnis Posts: 12Player
    Keebler, just go play the game. Play with basic loadout (don't switch from default) and use your pistol.

    Why rely on the forum for debug when you can easily see it youself.
  • ghostthatshighghostthatshigh Posts: 50Player
    It's a homage to n64 goldeneye the golden gun lol
  • ghostthatshighghostthatshigh Posts: 50Player
    It's fun for a day but I hope it don't stick around for too long
  • Losalo91Losalo91 Posts: 8Player
    To whom it concerns this is absolute trash I am getting killed sniper length away when I’m shooting with auto snipers and they have no gun in their hand but kill me and it shows a pistol kill this is trash it’s almost as worse as playing gta with all the modders and cheaters they have on their servers I’m not playing this [TOS Violation] anymore until it’s fixed man
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 541Beta Tester
    edited April 2018
    Headshots are a 1-hit-kill in AAPG in the vast majority of situations. The only american weapons, which cannot kill you with a headshot at long range are the M870 shotgun and M9 pistol. This is not something I've made up, these are facts. Yes, the M1911 can 1-hit-kill you all across Insurgent Camp, if it hits you in the head. So does the M4, etc...

    On the twitch clip how can you tell, where the player got shot? In fact, I think I hear the sound of a headshot in the clip (there is a very slight crack to the bullet hit sound). In the other video, some of the enemy players are so oblivious, that you could kill them with a teaspoon - they stand still, easy headshots. No proof for a gun being OP.

    And once again: I'm pretty sure this won't be around tomorrow...

    Edit: Just to be precise... The first part of my post is 100% true for PC. I didn't play on PS4 but I have reasons to believe that the headshot mechanics are the same - of course me being wrong is a possibility.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • LetumOmnisLetumOmnis Posts: 12Player
    These beta testers need to actually play the PS4 version before offering facts. The "pistol glitch" kills with one shot no matter where you hit a target.

    This is not about headshots, it's about the "pistol glitch".

    Please stop relying on anecdotal evidence. You are missing the point.
  • OneEyeTheHardOneEyeTheHard Posts: 63Player
    LetumOmnis wrote: »
    These beta testers need to actually play the PS4 version before offering facts. The "pistol glitch" kills with one shot no matter where you hit a target.

    This is not about headshots, it's about the "pistol glitch".

    Please stop relying on anecdotal evidence. You are missing the point.

    This. You say the mechanics weren't changed. Not true. I just hopped on the ps4 version and played all of 5 minutes before I logged off. Game is garbage right now.

    I think the idea of an April Fools joke with the skin changes to a finger gun is awesome and fun. The pistol being so OP that you're gimped if you use anything else isn't fun. Why ruin the base game for an April Fools joke?
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    You're right. I don't test PS4. So, do a test and a video showing a body one shot kill so I can report it. So far, I've seen a vid that was clearly headshots, and a vid with someone coming TOWARD the player.

    While I'm kinda joking about you guys whining, it would be nice if you'd help fix it!
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • OneEyeTheHardOneEyeTheHard Posts: 63Player
    Any dev that wants to check it out just has to log in and play for one round to see it.
  • Sibelis2Sibelis2 Posts: 34Player
    Headshots are a 1-hit-kill in AAPG in the vast majority of situations. The only american weapons, which cannot kill you with a headshot at long range are the M870 shotgun and M9 pistol. This is not something I've made up, these are facts. Yes, the M1911 can 1-hit-kill you all across Insurgent Camp, if it hits you in the head. So does the M4, etc...

    On the twitch clip how can you tell, where the player got shot? In fact, I think I hear the sound of a headshot in the clip (there is a very slight crack to the bullet hit sound). In the other video, some of the enemy players are so oblivious, that you could kill them with a teaspoon - they stand still, easy headshots. No proof for a gun being OP.

    And once again: I'm pretty sure this won't be around tomorrow...

    Edit: Just to be precise... The first part of my post is 100% true for PC. I didn't play on PS4 but I have reasons to believe that the headshot mechanics are the same - of course me being wrong is a possibility.
    Yea, on ps4 the 1911 can be lobbed in but the m9 becomes obsolete at 125m iirc won't even show up as a hit in the gun range that I could find.

  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 117Beta Tester
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    What's hard to imagine is someone who considers 'working on stats' like it's a job.

    QFT!...

    Seriously... Stats? "We don't need no stinking stats"...
    --

    In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
Sign In or Register to comment.