When are we gettin new maps ?

2»

Comments

• -=HELL=-sneakyrat-=HELL=-sneakyrat Posts: 50Player
    Medic4you wrote: »
    Ok after thinking bout it & watching vids for layouts & names askin sum community members n randoms heres a list of maps wutever 1s u can get to us quickly would be loved very much in order ( I took notes lol ) Bridge pipeline slums coldfront A Super Large AI map(a good few wanted bots claimed it used 2 b very hard) stronghold harborassault shantytown & downtown spring street is half dat map by looks of video on YouTube any remake from AA2 or 3 would be kool as well alot of us hav great memorys goin even bac to AA1
    Idk if any of dis will help u all decide on wut will b added first but wut ever is easy n quicker for you guys to work on & move out so u can get 2 the harder maps last
    would be k with me if that means waitin 6months for pipeline but slums next week X)
    Just a example plz dont let it b 6 months 4 pipeline hand shakes
    TY All again for such great work over the yrs i cant describe how much better this game is den a cod or bf & i m not jus sayin that

Play on pc And you have all maps :)
  • Jamie_UK__Jamie_UK__ Posts: 23Player
    Ah, full Hospital is what I mean.
  • canonjoecanonjoe Posts: 9Player
    I miss being able to trump lower ranks with weapon selection. I'm fine with someone of a higher rank taking my M249.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 643Player
    canonjoe wrote: »
    I miss being able to trump lower ranks with weapon selection. I'm fine with someone of a higher rank taking my M249.

It's been a long time since this was discussed, but I believe at least part of the reason was to allow all players, new and old, a fair chance to use all of the weapons. I know that played info why you reselect weapons in side change as well.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,473Player
    On my version of hospital you get the best of both outer and a bit of inner also its 12 v 12

gKQ6BB2.png
    I'm sure there's a list somewhere, but I'm on a break at work and don't have time to look for it.

What maps are currently in the PS4 version?
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    On my version of hospital you get the best of both outer and a bit of inner also its 12 v 12

Very nice nice map Delton! Can see you put a lot of work into that, and used the best parts of AA2 hospital. Like the night setting too. Hope some usermade maps make it to the console game. Not sure how it would work but would be nice.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,473Player
    Thank you =) one way for them to make it into PS4 is for the dev's to make some umm's official maps.
    gKQ6BB2.png
    I'm sure there's a list somewhere, but I'm on a break at work and don't have time to look for it.

Currently:

-Spring Street
    - Crossfire
    - Redline
    - Checkout
    - Homestead
    - Intercept
    - Inner Hospital
    - Sandstorm

It seems that most people don't enjoy sandstorm on console due to limited visibility, I like it though, brings back some epic TWL AA2 memories. Might be more nostologia with me. Looking forward to getting some new maps in the next few months.
    edited August 2017
    I thought Ranch from AA3 was a great map too.

Only thing with console is that there will have to be a limited amount of maps as we can't host servers. With the voting system though I reckon 18-20 would be fine.
    But seeing as it takes 2-3 months to bring a map to console that would take some time.
    Jamie_UK__ wrote: »

Currently:

-Spring Street
    - Crossfire
    - Redline
    - Checkout
    - Homestead
    - Intercept
    - Inner Hospital
    - Sandstorm

It seems that most people don't enjoy sandstorm on console due to limited visibility, I like it though, brings back some epic TWL AA2 memories. Might be more nostologia with me. Looking forward to getting some new maps in the next few months.

You have most of the good maps already.

-Spring Street and Inner Hospital are two of the best maps, no doubt.
    -Intercept was designed with input from the competitive community. It's solid.
    -Redline: I think I played the map briefly once like a month ago, and before that, back in open beta 2+ years ago. Unless it's been significantly changed, or a different game mode works a lot better than C4 or Extract did, that map was horrible. C4 positions are horribly exposed and the map is just way too big. You can't rotate from one site to the other in the time it takes for the bomb to go off.
    -Checkout & Homestead: I can't speak to those because I haven't played them enough to evaluate them.
    -Sandstorm: Obviously I haven't played the official Dev release of this map on PC yet. I played a UMM version of it back when we had a UMM tourney. It was alright. I liked it in AA2 and it wasn't bad in AAPG.
    -Crossfire is better than it used to be since they added ceilings to the buildings and made some other adjustments on the South side of the map.

Other maps that I personally like to play from time to time:
    -Downtown/Shadowstep: Downtown is basically an expanded version of Shadowstep. I find it to be fun to play from time to time.
    -Coldfront: Again a map that's okay to play on occasion, but the bomb site design is way too open, in my opinion. I never played it that often as extract.
    -Harbor Assault: The Dev-made version of Urban Assault. I like pubbing it quite a bit. I think it's another largely well-designed map that doesn't get much play.

Maps that I don't think need to be converted:
    -Lockdown: Just terrible. Very small. Lots of nade spam. Sound engine still, inexplicably, has no Z-axis, which turns it into a guessing game. Just no redeeming qualities in my eyes.
    -Outer Hospital: Takes the worst part of Hospital with a bad game mode. Avoid at all costs.
    -Bridge: Obviously a matter of personal opinion, and there a lot of people who would disagree with me. I just don't think it plays well in this game, especially since the servers I see running it on PC don't limit sniper rifles. This map, along with some of the other AA2 maps I've played in AAPG, suffers from a lack of M203.

Meh. Obviously the above is all my opinion, and you can probably tell which ones I feel strongly about and which ones I mentioned to include more maps. I certainly don't expect a post by me to influence any Dev decisions regarding maps to include on PS4. Maybe I provided some info that will give someone an idea of what to expect.
    I thought Ranch from AA3 was a great map too.

Only thing with console is that there will have to be a limited amount of maps as we can't host servers. With the voting system though I reckon 18-20 would be fine.

I can't speak to AA3 because I never played it after playing ~2000 hours of AA2. Disastrous game launch (literally impossible to login) followed by negative feedback meant I never tried it.

Currently:

-Spring Street
    - Crossfire
    - Redline
    - Checkout
    - Homestead
    - Intercept
    - Inner Hospital
    - Sandstorm

You have most of the good maps already.

-Spring Street and Inner Hospital are two of the best maps, no doubt.
    -Intercept was designed with input from the competitive community. It's solid.
    -Redline: I think I played the map briefly once like a month ago, and before that, back in open beta 2+ years ago. Unless it's been significantly changed, or a different game mode works a lot better than C4 or Extract did, that map was horrible. C4 positions are horribly exposed and the map is just way too big. You can't rotate from one site to the other in the time it takes for the bomb to go off.
    -Checkout & Homestead: I can't speak to those because I haven't played them enough to evaluate them.
    -Sandstorm: Obviously I haven't played the official Dev release of this map on PC yet. I played a UMM version of it back when we had a UMM tourney. It was alright. I liked it in AA2 and it wasn't bad in AAPG.
    -Crossfire is better than it used to be since they added ceilings to the buildings and made some other adjustments on the South side of the map.

Other maps that I personally like to play from time to time:
    -Downtown/Shadowstep: Downtown is basically an expanded version of Shadowstep. I find it to be fun to play from time to time.
    -Coldfront: Again a map that's okay to play on occasion, but the bomb site design is way too open, in my opinion. I never played it that often as extract.
    -Harbor Assault: The Dev-made version of Urban Assault. I like pubbing it quite a bit. I think it's another largely well-designed map that doesn't get much play.

Maps that I don't think need to be converted:
    -Lockdown: Just terrible. Very small. Lots of nade spam. Sound engine still, inexplicably, has no Z-axis, which turns it into a guessing game. Just no redeeming qualities in my eyes.
    -Outer Hospital: Takes the worst part of Hospital with a bad game mode. Avoid at all costs.
    -Bridge: Obviously a matter of personal opinion, and there a lot of people who would disagree with me. I just don't think it plays well in this game, especially since the servers I see running it on PC don't limit sniper rifles. This map, along with some of the other AA2 maps I've played in AAPG, suffers from a lack of M203.

Meh. Obviously the above is all my opinion, and you can probably tell which ones I feel strongly about and which ones I mentioned to include more maps. I certainly don't expect a post by me to influence any Dev decisions regarding maps to include on PS4. Maybe I provided some info that will give someone an idea of what to expect.

I logged a couple hundred hours in Beta on PC and it seems that redline has been changed from what it was, seems it's smaller now and is working well with the 8v8. I agree when it was released I thought the same, was too big and tough to rotate to the different spots.

Yeah enjoying crossfire, it's quite manic though with 8, think it's a 6v6 on PC? But the community seem to enjoy it, springstreet is getting the most votes, to the point I hope you can only vote the same map twice in the future.

For me personally I would like to see Three Kings, Coldfront, Pipeline and Downtown. Agreed on the smaller maps, I never played 6v6 though, I prefer the larger maps to be honest. Although I mentioned Bridge I never played it much in AA2 or PG's Beta. Not really my thing either but it's always been a popular one, not having the 203 is quite a big thing that I had not thought about though.

All in all it's good to have it on console and hopefully the publicity brings some players to PC too, be good to see the franchise so well on both platforms. I guess we will see what maps arrive when they do.

• FTJ_TeeeSpoFTJ_TeeeSpo Posts: 1Player
    i would love to see bride and the original pipeline. the original pieline is the best map of all time
  • CirconskiCirconski Posts: 16Player
    Fara420 wrote: »
    Bridge , pipeline and urban assault great maps

I miss those maps...
  • qRuXxqRuXx Posts: 14Player
    I'd pay money for a dlc type thing with skins, maps and possibly more updates.
  • ghostthatshighghostthatshigh Posts: 50Player
    qRuXx wrote: »
    I'd pay money for a dlc type thing with skins, maps and possibly more updates.

Yeah I would be down for paying too , unfortunately we all know they never will . :(