Bullet penetration

I think bullet penetration should be added to the game like being able to shoot through wood or thin metal
Do or do not there is no try ~ Master Yoda

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    We have that :)
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 321Beta Tester
    TheTots wrote: »

Except for pistols and shotguns... and except on Hydra where it appears pistols can penetrate multiple layers.
    556127a3323e2cfd0355aaa34b6e0b63-full.jpg
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 987Player
    inside of some of the buildings i think represent only plaster board walls / gypsum . so you will find some areas with mutiple layer penetration .
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 503Beta Tester
    edited January 2018
    I need to make a template I can just paste when it comes to bullet penetration....

Each material has a "penetration cost":
    0: anything (including shotguns) can penetrate; E.g: leaves
    1: shotguns don't penetrate, pistols and anything else do; E.g: electric boxes on the walls, player bodies
    2: pistols no longer penetrate, ARs (M4, M249...) do; E.g: wood walls, thin metal sheets
    3: only sniper rifles (M24, M14 and enemy counterparts) penetrate; E.g: some metal walls
    4: nothing can penetrate; E.g: sandbags, concrete walls, etc

Of course the examples are just for guidelines, you can always find counter-examples.

Weapons have their "penetration power" defined as the highest penetration cost they can shoot through. (So 0 for shotguns, 1 for pistols, 2 for ARs, 3 for snipers.)

Each time a bullet penetrates a wall, it looses penetration power based on the penetrated surface's penetration cost.

So for example a shotgun can only penetrate when the penetration cost is 0, but it may penetrate any number of these objects.
    An M4 may penetrate 1 surface which has penetration cost of 2, or it may penetrate two surfaces with penetration cost of 1 (plus any number of 0 penetration cost surfaces).

Each time a weapon penetrates a surface, it will loose 10%*penetration cost of it's damage.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • ProDiGy_QuiiKProDiGy_QuiiK Posts: 41Player
    TheTots wrote: »

Okay thanks just wasn’t sure a couple of my friends were saying there wasn’t any bullet penetration so thank you for clearing that up for me I will pass it on.
    Do or do not there is no try ~ Master Yoda
  • OneEyeTheHardOneEyeTheHard Posts: 63Player
    I'd love to see, if such a thing exists, a layout of each map showing the penetration values of each surface on that map. Knowing the maps I already have a decent idea but it would be nice to see it all on paper.