Weapon skins

SPARTAN-1777-SPARTAN-1777- Posts: 1Player
I've unlocked a bunch of skins for the M4A1. Set them and join a server and they aren't on the rifle. Sometimes they are but more times than not. Anyone have this problem?

Comments

• DLD_MtBDLD_MtB Posts: 24Player
    You have not unlocked "a bunch" of skins for the M4; you don't have enough kills with it. At most you could have "Desert" unlocked. Which means you are probably trying to equip skins you haven't unlocked. There's a glitch that allows you to equip skins you haven't unlocked by just selecting them normally. For instance, I was not a beta tester, however, sometimes, I can use the "Beta" skin by selecting it like any other skin. It will show in game and everything, but sometimes the correct thing will happen, and I will just have a "Standard Issue" M4. I can also equip the Desert skin on the M16, even though have not even completed the challenge for the "Worn" skin for that weapon.

So, in short, pay more attention to the UI.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,560Beta Tester
    There's still a bug with that? Have you reported it through the proper channels so it can be fixed?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Pain-N-PanicPain-N-Panic Posts: 79Player
    Yes it's still a bug. There is a "quick fix" for it in game. Let's say you want to use the m4 with a specific skin you selected in the main menu armory. You then spawn into the first round of a game, select the m4 and you have the stock black weapon skin. Immediately open the weapon menu, select a different primary within the same class (I just move over one to the m16) and select it and close menu so your character brings out the m16. After doing that open the weapon menu again, go back to the m4, select it and close menu. Your character should take out the m4 with your desired skin you previously chose at the main menu.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,560Beta Tester
    Yep. Good thing that info is out there. It'll have to get fixed more permanently...!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • BigBlue10989BigBlue10989 Posts: 2Player
    DLD_MtB wrote: »
    You have not unlocked "a bunch" of skins for the M4; you don't have enough kills with it. At most you could have "Desert" unlocked. Which means you are probably trying to equip skins you haven't unlocked. There's a glitch that allows you to equip skins you haven't unlocked by just selecting them normally. For instance, I was not a beta tester, however, sometimes, I can use the "Beta" skin by selecting it like any other skin. It will show in game and everything, but sometimes the correct thing will happen, and I will just have a "Standard Issue" M4. I can also equip the Desert skin on the M16, even though have not even completed the challenge for the "Worn" skin for that weapon.

So, in short, pay more attention to the UI.

Not true. Check my achievements, I have the arid skin for the M14 and it never appears when I jump in a game. I'm closing in on the urban, so I really hope this gets fixed by then.
  • OneEyeTheHardOneEyeTheHard Posts: 63Player
    Something that works for me for the weapon skin is I go in there and manually select it every time before I start playing. Even if the skin selected is the skin I want to use, I still move it to a different skin before re-selecting the skin I want. If I dont do this I get the normal black skin every time. Many times when I go into the menu I find that the game has moved the skin selected off of the one I last used. For example I use the A4 skin you get when you max out the achievements...I think it's called OPS. Anyway many times when I'm getting my skin set up before I play, the game will have moved it from OPS to the skin before it, Frost.
  • dacoster90dacoster90 Posts: 38Player
    Whenever I open the game, I always have to go to 'My Soldier' and just quickly switch a skin on one of the weapons. If I join a server without doing this, it won't show any of the skins.

There's also something else going on. I've only unlocked the first skin on the M24 so far (which is that black and white skin) but it shows me the Jungle skin (green and black). Even when I check my challenges, I see my next rewards is the Jungle skins. So pretty odd, right?
  • k33p1tc00lk33p1tc00l Posts: 7Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    There's still a bug with that? Have you reported it through the proper channels so it can be fixed?

Why would you want to spoil something fun for the players? Who cares if you haven't unlocked a skin, the challenges are ridiculously demanding, even for me and I can get 20+ kills a game when I try.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 502Beta Tester
    k33p1tc00l wrote: »

Why would you want to spoil something fun for the players? Who cares if you haven't unlocked a skin, the challenges are ridiculously demanding, even for me and I can get 20+ kills a game when I try.

In my experience they just come with time. The golden hawkeyes can be tricky sometimes, but you only need 1 per 1000 kills. However, I can imagine they are harder to get on PS4, due to the lack of targets... A few achievements needed some direct trying (e.g. On point with the M9), but the rest is just 'use the gun and you'll get there'.
    The only exception is the M1911, which still gives me a headache with the silver hawkeye requirement.

To counter your point: some people put time and work to get those skins. From their standpoint, others are getting the same result with less work - which is not good either.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 994Moderator
    The only exception is the M1911, which still gives me a headache with the silver hawkeye requirement.
    Just spray and pray....
    :lol:

ss_4_frankof.png
    frankof wrote: »
    Just spray and pray....
    :lol:

With 29 bullets in total? No thanks... :dizzy:
    It's a great sidearm, but getting 5 kills with 29 bullets is kind of tricky against even semi-decent opponents.
  • k33p1tc00lk33p1tc00l Posts: 7Player

In my experience they just come with time. The golden hawkeyes can be tricky sometimes, but you only need 1 per 1000 kills. However, I can imagine they are harder to get on PS4, due to the lack of targets... A few achievements needed some direct trying (e.g. On point with the M9), but the rest is just 'use the gun and you'll get there'.

To counter your point: some people put time and work to get those skins. From their standpoint, others are getting the same result with less work - which is not good either.

Nobody doesn't realize some players put in thr work, my point is that this guy doesn't need to be a teacher's pet suckup bringing it to the attention of the devs, expecially when there are much more important issues to fix like making sure parties aren't split on different teams and then adding lean/supported position to consoles.
    edited February 2018

Nobody doesn't realize some players put in thr work, my point is that this guy doesn't need to be a teacher's pet suckup bringing it to the attention of the devs, expecially when there are much more important issues to fix like making sure parties aren't split on different teams and then adding lean/supported position to consoles.

In my philosophy a bug is a bug and should be reported. The Devs aren't silly, they know how to prioritize.

A general, non AAPG specific note on this: some issues can only be addressed by some type of people in video game development. Some issues are for programmers, some for artists, etc.
    So if something less significant than the party system gets fixed, it doesn't mean that they ignore the issues with the party system. Simply an artist fixed an art related bug, while the programmers are working on the party system. That artist probably has no clue how to fix the party system. But he won't stop working until the programmer finished fixing parties.