Forum Design Suggestions

Comments

• Jamie_UK__Jamie_UK__ Posts: 23Player
    edited April 2015
    I like it, its fresh and straight forward :)
  • [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    edited April 2015

I just using p tags to encompass a line, because br seems not to work. Its more simple then using divs and the differences in the output should be less once it is fixed. If I remember correctly much WYSIWYG Editors take use of p tags to manage double line breaks anyways.

I like the most design suggestions that has been made here, especially the concept of TheBaDaBing!.

Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • ||ATG||-Predatore||ATG||-Predatore Posts: 28Player
    The Forum is nice but completely different, to be improved.

Bye.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Hey, let's give this thread a break for a week. The more we post, the more messed up it looks.
    googley avatar aapg

• TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    IO_i_OI said:

Hey, let's give this thread a break for a week. The more we post, the more messed up it looks.

don't only say it? LMAO!!
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,165Player
    edited April 2015
    Maybe add things like boxes containing images of the game, maps, weapons etc.. and even recent news stories, links to comics, YT, Twitter,Facebook.. I would even like to say add a simple 'instant live chat applet' (similar to using IRC) but I can only assume that would be a nightmare to moderate but it would be something nice to save a lot of needless spam on the forum I guess.. no harm in asking :) It just feels a little plain right now but I know.. it's early to say that knowing your working on it.

Above all, you should really try and make this forum look and feel more military, geared for your game.. I thought the old forum fit quite nicely with AA3's theme, twas a little dark and the black/grey with yellow text took a while to grow into, but it grew on me. This one actually is too the more I use it and learn of functions and navigation.. new forums are always gonna be alien at first and I cant say I've had any other experience with this Vanilla. 

Anyways, perhaps you guys can theme this forum specifically for AAPG. In any case.. I look forward to seeing the forum adapt to feedback and I'm sure you guys will do a great job. 

Did I mention bring back.. "Who is online"? [-O<
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• -SD-AndyPwned112-SD-AndyPwned112 Posts: 5Player

mmm...

• larger avatars

• background color should be pink with white pokadots - just kidding :D

I want a striped background :P
  • HilabusterHilabuster Posts: 41Player
    It does in fact have the default template. I have not quite had the free moment to theme it yet. We will get it taken care of though.
  • vapor.ivapor.i Posts: 266Player
    Can you increase the posted body allotment to more characters? I tried to post a log file from my editor crash in the mission editor support forum but it cut the pasted code by 1,000 characters or so.
    Also the wysiwyg editor doesn't offer "code"? And does not offer bbcode?
    AA2 veteran player / fanboy
    Streaming my horrible gameplay daily! Twitch.tv/fodvapor
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    It should support BBCode.

I'm seeing it as supported in Chrome. Browser?
    ysFXIPX.png
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited April 2015
    I'm seeing "Attach Poll" at the bottom of discussions I've started, but the button seems to just take me to the Edit page (where I believe this plugin would normally show the options for setting one up). Permissions issue or just yet-to-be-fully-implemented?

Edit to add: Oh hey CSS style just got updated, the posts have background color now! Nice
    Yup...see it now Pull...thanks :)
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,165Player
    BCPull wrote: »
    Edit to add: Oh hey CSS style just got updated, the posts have background color now! Nice

Indeedy, this is lots better now ;)

If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    much better boxes now!!, thanks!!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    feels like the forum did went 360* over night.. much better now

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited April 2015
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    feels like the forum did went 360* over night.. much better now

+1. But think titles, post counts, etc, would be better placed under each avatar so the post won't look so busy.

Forgot to mention how appreciated we are to use our "own" avatars B)
    googley avatar aapg

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 390Player
    And get rid of that yellow paging scheme...
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Not sure if u noticed but yellow is the new blue get used to it...it's in the game a lot ... I know I tried to complain as much as I could lol

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 390Player
    Emails - How about a predefined set of characters, a post preview if you will, coming from the post your getting an email about?
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    Hilabuster, I can confirm that the CKEditor does work well for Vanilla 2.1.9 as seen here - http://teamfod.com/aapg/discussion/1/bam-you-ve-got-a-sweet-forum#latest
This discussion has been closed.