Stun Grenade Bug

VeridicalVeridical Posts: 26Player
Hello everyone, I've been playing America's Army for a couple days now and everytime I get flashed, my whole computer freezes. I'm running Windows 10 with an AMD RX 480 graphics card. I saw that this was a problem two years ago, but I was hoping there might be a fix by now. It makes the game almost unplayable, otherwise it runs very smoothly. I range from 100-300 fps, depending on the circumstances, I'm usually around 150-200, but it fluctuates a lot (I'm still tinkering with my configuration file trying to find the "best" tweaks for my system).

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    Yep. Known long-term issue with AMD cards. Lots of examples here on the forum, unfortunately. UE3 is best run on Nvidia cards.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • VeridicalVeridical Posts: 26Player
    I wish the developers would make another flash animation that AMD users could use that doesn't give an advantage.
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,054Player
    Ok guys . I know there is an issue with amd freezing in this game . As most you know i posted nvidea setti gs for optimal gaming in aapg and had asked someone to post for amd . 1 of our guys is amd user and i been working with him for a bettter result for amd . We have manahed to get his screen freeze down to a micro second . I will now get him to do a set up guide and post it on forums.
    edited December 2017
    After intensive editing to the executable and my radeon settings, the freezing isn't a big problem I feel anymore, I can still move (I hear my footsteps), and when I move my mouse, the screen is changing. This brings me to the conclusion that the flashbang is solely dropping my FPS to unreasonable amounts, which makes the game feel choppy. I have overclocked my CPU to 5.0 GHz, which I believe has helped the consistency of my FPS, in turn improving the micro freezes.

Edit: I will be posting a YouTube video for my full configuration, because it seems a lot of new users and even long-time players have low frames. I have improved my FPS over 100% for sure with the tweaks I've done, the game feels very responsive now in my opinion.
  • -ew.theseer!^-ew.theseer!^ Posts: 52Player
    edited December 2017
    amd r9 290 here: with win 7 no FB-freeze / with win 10 FB-freeze (on the same machine)
    I'm not going to downgrade my operating system for this game though. They should cater to the players, not the product. I've almost never had an issue with AMD, except bugs in their software for a short period of time, if this isn't fixed, it's simply because the developers do not care. If they are releasing patches without actually fixing a huge problem like this, you can be rest assured that they couldn't care less.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    We do care, and we spent a good bit of programmer time on it in the past. It came down to an issue with AMD that we can't change. We did all we could to improve the situation. On larger games AMD/Nvidia will spend time developing their cards to work with games better (like Game Ready driver updates). We're not quite large enough to warrant them doing that I'm afraid.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

ok the guy i helped with his screen freeze is on win 7 but here is the pic of his settings .
    if you are on win 10 you should look at running razer cortex to close unnecessary apps and win update for gaming . you can find this at https://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/cortex/boost.
    6rj4D5G.png
    then he followed these ingame settings.
    f1NaYvz.jpg
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 751Player
    I've tried everything and nothing helps. Well one thing does: rage.

Over 1.3k Golden Hawkeyes.
    TheTots wrote: »
    We do care, and we spent a good bit of programmer time on it in the past. It came down to an issue with AMD that we can't change. We did all we could to improve the situation. On larger games AMD/Nvidia will spend time developing their cards to work with games better (like Game Ready driver updates). We're not quite large enough to warrant them doing that I'm afraid.

It's okay I guess. I'm more upset with my myself for listening to the guy at Fry's who told me to go with AMD. Worst decision of my life.
  • JoGaryJoGary Posts: 220Player
    fixed it about a year ago.......... Bought a Nvidia 1070
    DrWinters wrote: »
    fixed it about a year ago.......... Bought a Nvidia 1070

hahahaha nice1
  • -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 707Administrator
    Take a look at this and see if you can do anything with it. I had this issue but since this I have no more problems. However this might even come down to your card. Out of 5 guys that I know that had this issue and had AMD cards (myself inc) 4 was able to fix the issue. http://manvscomputers.freeforums.net/thread/309/flashed-amd-cards
    Take a look at this and see if you can do anything with it. I had this issue but since this I have no more problems. However this might even come down to your card. Out of 5 guys that I know that had this issue and had AMD cards (myself inc) 4 was able to fix the issue. http://manvscomputers.freeforums.net/thread/309/flashed-amd-cards

That didn't fix it for me either. Thanks for trying to help though.