New server not showing up on steam/aapg server browser

Hey guys!

Need your help if someone knows/can help :)

I'm trying to set up 1, 2 or 3 instances of aapg servers (all running on the same computer) but after AAPG as registered my public IP its still not showing up on the brownsers :(

I have a private IP on the server 172.1.1.1 and I have a public NAT bound to that private IP, 185.17.229.11.

This is whats configured:

Bound Server IP: 172.1.1.1:7778 (for server instance 1 and then :7779 and so on)
Steam Bound Server IP: 172.1.1.1
Server Auth IP address: 185.17.229.11

The box on "Use Multihome with IP" and "Link Steam Server IP W/ Bound Server IP" are checked.

Server command line:

"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32\AAGame.exe" server BDX_Breach_EX /AuthServerUserName=authusername/AuthServerPassword=authserverpass /AuthServerIP=185.17.229.11 /MULTIHOME=172.1.1.1 /NOPAUSE /NOHOMEDIR /CONFIGSUBDIR=AAHostAServerConfig-server1 /USEPERSERVERPBCONFIG /SAP=7785 /SGSP=7778 /SQP=27015
"
No network firewall or server firewall is, apparently, blocking any traffic.
Any one can try to help me correct it so its start showing up on AAPG/Steam server browsers please?

Thanks!

Comments

• weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 143Player
    When I try to connect manually to your server at 185.17.229.11 nothing happens. That would indicate it's not running or the NAT is not working. It also does not respond to a network ping request.
  • SLaYeR_DQSLaYeR_DQ Posts: 19Player
    I know I had already tried that and it was running until some 2 hours ago and I stopped it. I have no doubt there is something wrong in the configuration of the server or maybe even in the network but I couldn't figure out what is hence asking for help!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,575Beta Tester
    That's a pretty weird internal IP. Is the router on the same network as the internal IP with the proper netmask? How is the internal IP set up? DHCP or static?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 615Moderator
    That's a pretty weird internal IP. Is the router on the same network as the internal IP with the proper netmask? How is the internal IP set up? DHCP or static?

That's a good observation, I didn't notice that before. 172.1.1.1 might be the gateway(router) internal address. Most people use 192.168.*.* or 10.*.*.* since they are non-routable over the internet.
    Hey guys!

The internal IP is not that one but its another and it is correct, alongside the netmask, gateway :) Its static!

I believe the problem may be on the port forwarding configured on the router or some ACL that was not done correctly.

You guys know all the ports and corresponding protocol that needs to be open?
    Just an update!

I already can connect to the server using the console but on steam server browser and aapg server browser its still not listed :(

What am I still missing here?!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,575Beta Tester
    I use the following ports and protocols in my router to forward traffic to my internal IP:

7778 UDP
    7779 UDP
    7780 UDP
    8765 UDP
    8778 UDP
    9987 UDP
    27000 - 27030 BOTH

Some of these may no longer be necessary, but I've not bothered to track the traffic to rule any out.

If you don't see the server in your own browser from the local machine, that may be perfectly normal, since some routers do not support "hairpinning" back into the LAN. Get someone to test it from outside.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.