Creating content for AA (For the development team)

Ive been creating a decent amount of content, and i was curious that if i created content that meets your quality, vertical counts, vertex counts, and the right texel size, all ready on the 100cmx100cm base grid setup, if you would be willing to add it to the source for the whole community to use.

granted i make packages to be used together. ive realized the problems you encounter with servers booting people when you have too much in your .umap file for it to load.

Im working on rocks, stumps, grass, cliffs, another type of fern native to michigan, trees native to Michigan, crates, maybe some vehicles, etc.

I'd love to contribute to the community, especially in that way. I think it would be great if just anyone could use them.
Just curious, thanks for taking the time to read this.

Comments

• DELTATHUND3RDELTATHUND3R Posts: 123Moderator
    Hi Kamjam,
    Very nice offer but unlikely for it would all have to be re-imported, every asset and texture particle effect and so on by the Dev team and speaking from experience they are a very busy bunch of crazy Devs.
    The only way you would get your assets into the engine at this time "and I could be wrong"in a way that other mappers could use without any issues including file size. would be adding your maps into the next community mapping comp. If your map wins then the Dev cleans your amazing environ up and put your enviorn and all your assets on the official list of awesomeness.
    The other way is create packages for the community to use..example" KJ_assetpack001" and so on..
    Kamjam any community member that creates environs and assets for the AAPG community gets a huge thumbs up from me..
  • [FOX]Kamjam21xx[FOX]Kamjam21xx Posts: 122Player
    edited November 2017
    Yeah pretty much, the problem is just file size. id love to make objects free to use for the community. but they could only end up using a few things.
    How do i add the AK soundbanks and AK sounds? i want to make my own, some properties wont let you assign .wav files to them.
  • MaclobsterMaclobster Posts: 214Beta Tester
    Kamjam21xx wrote: »
    How do i add the AK soundbanks and AK sounds? i want to make my own, some properties wont let you assign .wav files to them.

so far i know it is not possible right now to make your own AK sounds
    (\/) (',,') (\/)
    Pipeline
    HonorTown
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,080Player
    Hi Kamjam,
    Very nice offer but unlikely for it would all have to be re-imported, every asset and texture particle effect and so on by the Dev team and speaking from experience they are a very busy bunch of crazy Devs.
    The only way you would get your assets into the engine at this time "and I could be wrong"in a way that other mappers could use without any issues including file size. would be adding your maps into the next community mapping comp. If your map wins then the Dev cleans your amazing environ up and put your enviorn and all your assets on the official list of awesomeness.
    The other way is create packages for the community to use..example" KJ_assetpack001" and so on..
    Kamjam any community member that creates environs and assets for the AAPG community gets a huge thumbs up from me..

Is there actually going to be another community mapping competition? The last one was back in June 2016.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    Right, i havent heard anything about a contest since ive started playing again. i took a break for YEARS. I do motion VFX mostly, but this video game development stuff is turning into a passion again.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    We don't have another one planned, but if there is enough high-quality content out there to warrant another we'll do it.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

edited November 2017
    Well if you guys decide that condition has been met, and it ends before winter, i hope free use textures will be alright for foliage. everything is dead in michigan right now, cant take pictures of leaves or branches. A contest winner calls for new foliage.

I really hope my tutorial videos inspire people, and help them take things they want to do, to things they did. ill have to start covering more stuff. Maybe expand it to blender even though i dislike the UI and layout.
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 624Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    We don't have another one planned, but if there is enough high-quality content out there to warrant another we'll do it.

just a question , been a long time since seen devs on umms servers,
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,080Player
    edited December 2017
    TheTots wrote: »

At that rate you may as well just look at what's out there or on this forum and pick a few maps that you like and just include them into the game. I thought the whole point of a mapping contest is for people to make maps specifically for the contest? Unless you mean that the general quality of maps that are put out there are below the standards required for the game so having a mapping contest would be a waste of time unless there are people making better quality maps regularly.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!