possible setting change in comp mode

Comments

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited May 2015
    The only ones against this are players that don't play comp and love revives .why am I not surprised!

Fortunately you will have a pub mode to pew pew with whatever help me shoot feature you like.

BAM you're on drugs

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited May 2015
    Bam4D wrote: »
    I support, SUPPORTED!!! Don't be lame, learn the game!! And it's great on assault and defense... Next to take downs one of the greatest additions to AA, love it.

I swear this guy just trolls and disagrees with anything a comp player suggests.

I swear that guy is the smartest person when it comes down to game balance and his understanding of that is beyond our imagination. Some day he'll enlighten us.
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    edited May 2015
    TRY before you CRY..

You might surprise yourself. ;)
    TRY before you CRY..

I know how to use and play against the position and the one using it always has the advantage with little ways to counter it while it takes little skill to use it.
    edited May 2015
    That doesn't sound like trying? :( More like giving up and asking DEVz to make it easier? And if it's of little skill why can't you & your team overcome it? flashes, nades, smokes, flanks. many items in the toolkit to overcome hard dug in positions.
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    TRY before you CRY..

I know how to use and play against the position and the one using it always has the advantage with little ways to counter it while it takes little skill to use it.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited May 2015
    It would be pretty hard to make supported position any easier nice try.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    We've decided to call the mode Classic Mode and the changes are: No revives, and increased friendly fire damage. (80% damage as opposed to the normal 20% damage on friendly fire)
    edited May 2015
    That doesn't sound like trying? :( More like giving up and asking DEVz to make it easier? And if it's of little skill why can't you & your team overcome it? flashes, nades, smokes, flanks. many items in the toolkit to overcome hard dug in positions.
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    TRY before you CRY..

If you are playing players who are on your level that won't work most of the time. Example inner hospital lobby benches: You can nade from up and over, choke and darkroom.
    Up and over: You have to win it first and if you did the guy will not stay at the benches.
    Choke: You have to cover it with smokes first, the guy will change position and you end up wasting your nade
    Darkroom: Every team has either a darkroom or lobby desk player so you either have to win darkroom first or you are gonna be heared when nading and you'll end up wasting your nade because the player at benches will move.

So no, there is no way to kill that guy without having a player advantage. Yes, you can force him off that position but it's only temporarily and he'll move back to it after the nade. Only way it works is hoping for him to miss his shots while you hit yours (with him being in the advantage because he has better cover, no recoil and can move to the left and right as much as he wants to). I could post dozens of videos of me killing that player but I could post way more of me being the player in the supported position.

Oh yeah, since you are obsessed with the game being realistic.. How realistic is mounting that fast, moving to left and right that fast, ducking that fast, doing everything of those at the same time that fast?
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited May 2015
    TheTots wrote: »
    We've decided to call the mode Classic Mode and the changes are: No revives, and increased friendly fire damage. (80% damage as opposed to the normal 20% damage on friendly fire)

If it's Classic mode shouldn't friendly fire be 100%? I Mean without trying it out I'm sure 80% is good just wondering.

Also I would really like to know the devs position on supported fire is. A Simple are you happy with the way supported fire is currently would suffice.

• .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    Supported fire just isn't of a quality to have in the game in my opinion. It's buggy, causing significant inconsistencies in player view (where the player is looking isn't represented in the game correctly, if at all), not to mention it's another animation and player mesh position that I'm not sure matches well in the WYSIWYG department, leading to a lot of times where clear headshots don't appear to register (this is obviously subjective and I could be wrong for sure, but I think there is a reasonable consensus among players not concerned with overcoming broken things just to prove they are a man that something is wrong there). Beyond that, it's not well implemented. It has a host of benefits (minimal exposure, minimal recoil, quick in and out hiding), and it's only negative is that you are locked to that horizontal axis (which snapping away is almost instant so it's hard to even call that a negative). All in all, I appreciate the intention, but would prefer a game where all of these issues are fixed or, barring that, the ability to play without supported fire.
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    These settings (no revives/increased friendly fire damage) are the base for the mode. A lot of other ideas were tossed around but we wanted to keep it simple, at least at first. We will entertain any and all ideas for what this mode should be however.
    edited May 2015
    I'm thinking
    These settings (no revives/increased friendly fire damage) are the base for the mode. A lot of other ideas were tossed around but we wanted to keep it simple, at least at first. We will entertain any and all ideas for what this mode should be however.

How about just one mode for all... ARMY of ONE!! More design, less cater.. In DEVz We Trust.

Join the opt-in the game is moving in an awesome direction. I'm not at all worried... they know what their doing.

• SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    I support, SUPPORTED!!! Don't be lame, learn the game!! And it's great on assault and defense... Next to take downs one of the greatest additions to AA, love it.

I swear this guy just trolls and disagrees with anything a comp player suggests.

Yes. this. is. the. only. person. who. does. things. like. this.................. :| oh the irony
    ----
    OP: it would be welcomed but also really strange to have different gameplay features for different modes.
    It sends a mixed message about the game as a whole.
  • Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    LOL this thread kills me, Bam put 'I support supported' in your sig so I can laugh everytime you post.

Supported is garbage, enemies shooting you at a 45 degree angle while facing straight 90. It's a half-TOS feature that wasn't done correctly and implemented in the game.

TBH the day enemies stop shooting me from there heads and start shooting from their weapons I'll be happy.
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
    TheTots wrote: »

80% is not 'keeping it simple'. Just make it 100% friendly damage, remove spotting, and maybe remove the enemy counter up top.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    We removed the enemy counter ages ago on the official servers. Some private server owners choose to run it still.
  • _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw