Same Maps, Same Guns, Third Person

STOP MAKING ME PLAY INNER HOSPITAL. Im typing all caps because this is why this game is dying. We need new maps, new guns, squad system, and third person. Such a great game engine wasted on a mediocre game.

STOP FORCING ME TO USE THE WORSE STANDARD ISSUE WEAPONS. At this point this is ridiculous. At he very least give us some spec ops guns. Such as MK16 Mod 0 SCAR, HK416, M82a1 / M107 Barrett. http://www.americanspecialops.com/special-ops-weapons/

IMPROVE MAPS. I Know its a little far fetched for me to demand new maps ASAP; seeing as how good maps take a while to make. At least re do your training range type maps. Such as watchdog, downtown etc.

PLEASE LISTEN OR THIS GAME WILL DIE BEFORE DECEMBER. Not even for being a bad game just for lack of innovation or at least improved game updates.

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    There are hundreds of maps to play. Who is making you play Inner Hospital, did you say? I hear it's a nice easy map with a couple choke points and easy callouts. No one wants to admit this is why they play it.

It has already been proven that the image of a pointed finger can be used as a gun. What would be different about a new gun? The image? ...in your mind you think you're holding a different gun? Is your M4 too heavy for your mouse hand?

They "shoot" math through 3D geometry...or are you saying the game needs all kinds of re-modeled weapon dynamics or the game will be dead by December. (Because that's only a month away, unless you meant December 2019 or something?)

By the way, did you know Epic has put out an Unreal Engine 4 development kit that you can make your own game? It's pretty cool!!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 688Player
    edited November 2017
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    There are hundreds of maps to play.

1dxet4.jpg

• DrawnDrawn Posts: 169Player
    gNII6fv.jpg
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 688Player
    Since my other post was deleted I'll just say this in a different way: Keebler, those types of comments are not helpful. Several condescending rhetorical questions to what is clearly a new member. As a beta, you're showing an elitist mentality that is not helpful to the community. "Oh, make your own game" is not a valid argument against honest feedback from the community.

I'm no angel. But you cannot go after new members and you cannot blindly protect the game on every issue. There's a name and a legacy attached to that name that needs to be upheld, and AAPG has thus far failed to do that.

---

Let's practice a better response to the OP:

Hi GLOboy, welcome to the community.

While the numbers to AAPG are definitely not where we want them to be, the critics have claimed the game is "dying" since 2013. Tell your friends about the game, perhaps you can help us turn the community around?

New maps are always being developed. But in the meantime, there is a plethora of User Made Maps on several private servers, some of them actually made it into the game as official maps! If you're feeling frosty, perhaps you can take a stab at making your own map using the Map Editor, maybe we'll see it in the game one day.

The squad system has been discussed several times over the last few years and while it's not completely ruled out by the development team, it is also not a priority. I wouldn't anticipate a change to the current setup. But with built-in VOIP capabilities, we can focus on our teamwork using good communication. The development team is constantly receiving feedback though, so if you have any suggestions please let them be known. How would you implement a squad feature?

Weapon selection has been discussed several times, dating all the way back to America's Army 1. The game focuses on weapons that are commonly used by the US Army. There also is a balance aspect that we have to consider for the sake of the video game. Are there guys out there walking about with an M203 attached to their M4A1? Yes, but how well would that fit into the game? Soldiers may carry bipods, 3 grenades, an M240 or even an AT-4. But still, we look at simplicity and balance for the gameplay. In the current state of the game, I do not anticipate any major changes in what weapons become available or how new weapons may affect gameplay.

Third person view is not being discussed for the PC game, however it's a small discussion for PS4. Again, I'm not sure you can anticipate any changes in the near future, or probably ever. America's Army has always been a FPS. There are several elements of third-person shooters (peeking corners w/o peeking) that would diminish the "tactical" and "authentic" aspects that we're trying to display. To be frank, this is not something that would fit with the current vision of the game. Can that vision change for the PS4 platform? Sure, our vision can change over time. But such a drastic change to gameplay would likely take place over several months, perhaps even several years.

I hope you continue to contribute to our community here on the forums, and I also hope to see you in the game.

Hooah!
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,448Player
    edited November 2017
    Since my other post was deleted I'll just say this in a different way: Keebler, those types of comments are not helpful. Several condescending rhetorical questions to what is clearly a new member. As a beta, you're showing an elitist mentality that is not helpful to the community. "Oh, make your own game" is not a valid argument against honest feedback from the community.

I'm no angel. But you cannot go after new members and you cannot blindly protect the game on every issue. There's a name and a legacy attached to that name that needs to be upheld, and AAPG has thus far failed to do that.

---

Let's practice a better response to the OP:

Hi GLOboy, welcome to the community.

While the numbers to AAPG are definitely not where we want them to be, the critics have claimed the game is "dying" since 2013. Tell your friends about the game, perhaps you can help us turn the community around?

New maps are always being developed. But in the meantime, there is a plethora of User Made Maps on several private servers, some of them actually made it into the game as official maps! If you're feeling frosty, perhaps you can take a stab at making your own map using the Map Editor, maybe we'll see it in the game one day.

The squad system has been discussed several times over the last few years and while it's not completely ruled out by the development team, it is also not a priority. I wouldn't anticipate a change to the current setup. But with built-in VOIP capabilities, we can focus on our teamwork using good communication. The development team is constantly receiving feedback though, so if you have any suggestions please let them be known. How would you implement a squad feature?

Weapon selection has been discussed several times, dating all the way back to America's Army 1. The game focuses on weapons that are commonly used by the US Army. There also is a balance aspect that we have to consider for the sake of the video game. Are there guys out there walking about with an M203 attached to their M4A1? Yes, but how well would that fit into the game? Soldiers may carry bipods, 3 grenades, an M240 or even an AT-4. But still, we look at simplicity and balance for the gameplay. In the current state of the game, I do not anticipate any major changes in what weapons become available or how new weapons may affect gameplay.

Third person view is not being discussed for the PC game, however it's a small discussion for PS4. Again, I'm not sure you can anticipate any changes in the near future, or probably ever. America's Army has always been a FPS. There are several elements of third-person shooters (peeking corners w/o peeking) that would diminish the "tactical" and "authentic" aspects that we're trying to display. To be frank, this is not something that would fit with the current vision of the game. Can that vision change for the PS4 platform? Sure, our vision can change over time. But such a drastic change to gameplay would likely take place over several months, perhaps even several years.

I hope you continue to contribute to our community here on the forums, and I also hope to see you in the game.

Hooah!

Nice.
    rpN1cYM.jpg
    gKQ6BB2.png
    So you think a guy who says someone is 'forcing him' to play Inner Hospital deserves some kind of pass?

You're twisting my meaning. I don't defend the game blindly. I merely expect people to be realistic and less melodramatic. There are many valid complaints about the game that I agree with that don't require DEMANDS.

A new player looking for help or discussion should be viewed differently than someone who comes in yelling CHANGE IT NOW OR IT'S DOOMED!!!!!!! don't you think?

Also, the UE4 kit really is free!

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Calling the game doomed is vastly exaggerated, we all know people are just enjoying the nice and hot weather.

Winter is coming bois!
    I'm not! I have below freezing temps and 2 feet of snow already!! :o
    ______

• Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    So you think a guy who says someone is 'forcing him' to play Inner Hospital deserves some kind of pass?

You're twisting my meaning. I don't defend the game blindly. I merely expect people to be realistic and less melodramatic. There are many valid complaints about the game that I agree with that don't require DEMANDS.

A new player looking for help or discussion should be viewed differently than someone who comes in yelling CHANGE IT NOW OR IT'S DOOMED!!!!!!! don't you think?

Also, the UE4 kit really is free!

You certainly do defend the game blindly.

While he's not literally being forced to play Inner, we all know what he meant. It's certainly a lot easier to find populated servers on Inner, and the biggest reason for that is a lack of quality maps.

Inner and Spring Street have easily been the best maps in the game for a long time. That's not to suggest other maps are unplayable, but there's definitely the pressure to run Inner only if you want people in your server.
    You certainly do defend the game blindly.
    Nah. I certainly don't. People just think I should parrot what they and others say, exacly the way they say it.

There's lot's about the game I don't like, and I'm quite vocal about them. Just not negative or, after FIFTEEN years of this, unrealistic. By the way, I'm twice the age of most players, so that probably changes my perspective to be more understanding of how to get stuff done.

I just think the "Fix it now or else!!!!!!!!!!" line is getting a little old.

It is what it is. I've learned a lot and met great people. I don't think for a second that the things I'd like to see fixed can or will be fixed on this engine. The Devs have been pretty clear, for those listening.

Go ahead. Ask me a question about what I don't like. You actually want a discussion, or just to win an argument? You think I'll defend things that are broken? That makes no sense. Just stop with the childish FIX IT NOWWWWWWWWW.......
    ______

• |FOX|kozini.pl|FOX|kozini.pl Posts: 85Player
    edited November 2017
    As to the pc version of the aapg i quess all the topics have been covered on the forum before therefore theres no need for the discussions anymore...save your ink, because winter is here!