so can we make aa:pg a sucess now?

obviously this experimentation has not been as successful as it could be, so can we actually try and make this a success.
IMHO AA:PG has good bones but insists on being a clone of cod and bf's where the AA franchise's success is being different.
I believe this game has a potential not reached but someone has to listen.
AA2 set the standard and is why it's referred to so often.
1 - You have so much in the way of map design available only a few games could dream. Use it.
A big chunk of people I speak to would love AA 2 in 'new graphics'"
2 - stop giving us 1/2 assed updates. I.E. insurgent camp could be made by an amateur in a week. sandstrorm without the overwhelming noise is a good remake.
3 - I'm sure most don't want to play World of Tanks in a 1/2 baked version.
4 - stop being so stubborn that maps like csar 2 and other good maps don't make official status. You are saving not having to make them yourself.
5 - some of the maps you have are good with some tweaking, listen.
6 - sometimes all we need is some maps to keep things alive. Playing the same maps over and over is boring.
7 - listen to the community.
Trying to get the juices flowing.

Comments

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    You know what happens if they listen to the "community" ? We would have 10 versions of inner and all would look the same.
    Maps arent the solution,we have great maps but people refuse to play them.
    AAPG is good!
  • dacoster90dacoster90 Posts: 38Player
    Where did you read about a CSAR remake?
  • =R*C=WildFire=R*C=WildFire Posts: 4Player
    I don't know how can people say it is fine? I have been playing since i was 16 which was 15 years ago been here before bridge was even made and it use to be training not killing and I can tell you AA 1.2 tell 2.8 or whatever it finished at had the bigger following than this.

You use to have larger maps with 2 to 3 obj's and wouldn't get killed in the spawn unless the had the 203 down to the T lol.

Would be great to go back to the days when this game use to be fun and had a huge following
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 680Player
    dacoster90 wrote: »
    Where did you read about a CSAR remake?

There's a spectacular remake by Wolverine out there.
  • =R*C=RasGhuL=R*C=RasGhuL Posts: 5Player
    Its about playability and catering to the players who enjoy this game not the masses. AA2 was the perfect balance between simulation and arcade. AA3 went too far into simulation it became over-complicated and failed. AA:PG has now gone to far down the road of arcade feel to try and attract the masses and have watered down the difficulty of weapons which keep players coming back. Players enjoy the game in the short term but lose interest in the long term because the game has lost its competitive difficulty.

The S24 is a perfect example of this in AA2 the scope sway added difficulty to a gun which is now completely overpowered. The sway reduced the amount of players who can run around small maps and shoot peoples fingers or toes and kill them. On the flip side players ENJOYED the difficulty of the weapon and landing kills despite the sway was rewarding and inspired players to practice. Unfortunately anyone can pickup a sniper rifle and wreak havoc like in so many other games, and it lacks the difficulty of real sniping.

Now we have free weapon skins that you don't have to achieve, some players have been grinding out the weapon challenges for months to get those skins and now why bother? Some of the challenges were difficult to get but that's what keeps people playing because the difficulty is there.

The DEVS need to stop trying to compete with the latest FPS games because you never will be as good as the latest game. Just build on the difficulty and the simulation that the real AA players come back for and it will be a success again.
    seems to not worry them that they have lost a great game imo
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,123Player
    edited November 2017
    This game is well beyond becoming popular at this point. The game averages under 1K peak players and has since June. It's only averaged over 2K for two months in its history and both times were upon major releases. The only thing that they can do is put out a new AA game at some point and hope for the best.

Over the years the forum was much more lively than it is now. Everyone had their ideas of what the game should be, comp players, pub only players, AA2 vets, AA3 vets, new people, and whatever else. The Dev team obviously had their own idea of how the game should look although they did give the players some features that they wanted throughout the development history, but many other concerns went unanswered.

I hope that if a new AA comes out, that the minds who are in charge of making the big decisions actually look at the original game and realize that any game that comes out with the name "America's Army" will not gain popularity unless it uses AA2 as its basis. They also need to create a game that's interesting to watch (stream) and plays well competitively. These are both essential to modern gaming culture.

Otherwise, maybe we'll get an America's Army battle royale game, that'd sure be interesting.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • KrayzieKrayzie Posts: 2Player
    I don't know how can people say it is fine? I have been playing since i was 16 which was 15 years ago been here before bridge was even made and it use to be training not killing and I can tell you AA 1.2 tell 2.8 or whatever it finished at had the bigger following than this.

You use to have larger maps with 2 to 3 obj's and wouldn't get killed in the spawn unless the had the 203 down to the T lol.

Would be great to go back to the days when this game use to be fun and had a huge following

I totally agree, I used to play this game when it was first released as well and it was awesome! The maps were amazing and the physics were pretty good to. This AA Proving Grounds is terrible and I will not be playing it. I recently found a free to play FPS called warface and I like it the best out of all the FPS I've tried lately, but it still isn't as good as Americas Army used to be. I would really like to see the old version of the game reintroduced somehow, because I don't enjoy proving grounds at all, and I'm really disappointed that this game has been ruined.
    I hear ya mate, If only they listened to their players like other games did