Anyone using two GPUs (sli) in this game?

Gonna update my PC soon just wanna know is there any way to get work 2*1080 gtx?

This moment i only play AAPG and BF1. 2*1080gtx with sli gonna work BF1 easily but how about AAPG?
Yes i know theres older topics on this but nothink writed there in over two years.

Maybe i just should sell my 1080gtx and buy one 1080Ti.... but first if there is way to get sli work its cheaper for me.

Comments

• ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,080Player
    edited October 2017
    Some use 2 cards . I use one asus 1060t more than enough for aapg . A friend of mine has 1080ti gets same frame rate .
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,045Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Multi-gpu is about dead, both nvidia and amd is reducing/removing support for it.
    You are not going to get per game driver support for it anymore as its a part of the new API's(DX12/Vulcan) and the game developers can(have to) implement it on a low level.

SLI could work tho, if you run the game under a supported profile, but the scaling might be horrible.

With that said, why isnt a GTX 1080 enough for this game?
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • frankof wrote: »
    Multi-gpu is about dead, both nvidia and amd is reducing/removing support for it.
    You are not going to get per game driver support for it anymore as its a part of the new API's(DX12/Vulcan) and the game developers can(have to) implement it on a low level.

SLI could work tho, if you run the game under a supported profile, but the scaling might be horrible.

With that said, why isnt a GTX 1080 enough for this game?

Not only for AAPG, like i said i play bf1 also. I have 144MHZ FULL HD monitor so my main goal is to get stable 144 fps also all the time not under.
    Now in AAPG i cant get stable 144 fps all the time even with 1080 gtx, i7-4770K running boost mode, 32 gb ram 1600MHZ DDR3 CL10 (overkill i know :awesome: ) . SSD harddrive offcourse...i dont understand is this game so badly optimized?? Engine is not that heavy... and all settings are low.
    You might end up with less than stable framerate with two or more cards.
    The frame pacing is at times really bad with two card, at least thats my experience from using two cards, sure the fps is high, but the micro stutter is annoying.

If you cant get a stable 144fps with a GTX 1080 you should look for something else holding you back, its not the video card.

And a little note at the end, the engine performs best(smoothest) at frame rates based on 30 (30, 60, 90 etc)
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    frankof wrote: »
    If you cant get a stable 144fps with a GTX 1080 you should look for something else holding you back, its not the video card.

Hint: It's the game.
    SSKnecabo wrote: »

Probably, but last i tried i could reach +1000FPS max online. (stupid settings tho)
    But +300 was with playable settings, GTX 780.
    I would imagine a GTX 1080 should be capable of at least the same.

ss_4_frankof.png
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    SSKnecabo wrote: »

Probably, but last i tried i could reach +1000FPS max online. (stupid settings tho)
    But +300 was with playable settings, GTX 780.
    I would imagine a GTX 1080 should be capable of at least the same.

Wasn't that back in beta though? I used to get more FPS on my GTX660TI than I get on my GTX980 now. Performance-wise the game went downhill real fast.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    I never try to go above 90, but I maintain it fine. Part of it is that the engine is just old at this point. Our UE4 products perform much better as it's optimized for newer cards. It makes a huge difference.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    One of my work colleagues bought another GPU to add to his pre-built gaming rig a few weeks ago, (we often talk tech and computers, as a sort of shared interest) only to find he never actually checked his motherboard and found that he only had a single PCI-E lane :lol: He sent it back and got a SSD that I suggested he get since he was still rocking a 1TB WD HDD.

I've never really bought into the whole SLi thing. It'd have to be a "blow my socks off" experience to justify the expense of an additional identical GPU and from what I've seen and read, it's not all that.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.