AA2.5 is alive

c5.eXpLo!T;c5.eXpLo!T; Posts: 8Player
For those who don't know.. you can relive aa2 days on aao25.com

It's pretty [TOS Violation] fun to say the least.
exploittemp_zpsqaxaagmj.png

Comments

• ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,121Player
    edited May 2016
    2.5 wasn't the best version of AA2. Most would argue that in the 2.x it was somewhere around 2.3. Some would also say that pre-2.0 had the best versions of the game.

Anyway, most people don't want to go back because the game just don't feel like a modern game. It feels like a product of its time. While it was an amazing game back in the early-mid 2000s, it's not so much anymore. It just feels old. AAPG just feels like a better game. If AAPG could implement a lot of the features that AA2 had, it would outclass it in every way.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • TrIn@dOr^SuRTrIn@dOr^SuR Posts: 215Player
    PacMan is still alive too.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited May 2016
    Whiplash27 wrote: »
    2.5 wasn't the best version of AA2. Most would argue that in the 2.x it was somewhere around 2.3. Some would also say that pre-2.0 had the best versions of the game.

Anyway, most people don't want to go back because the game just don't feel like a modern game. It feels like a product of its time. While it was an amazing game back in the early-mid 2000s, it's not so much anymore. It just feels old. AAPG just feels like a better game. If AAPG could implement a lot of the features that AA2 had, it would outclass it in every way.

Yep.

Couple examples:

If you prone on stairs or something on a slope your aim would be stuck looking down or in the air unable to really look at much.

When leaning if you through a grenade, flash or smoke, etc... The way your character threw it was much different than if you were not leaning. In aapg we have it way if your leaning and you throw a flash or grenade it does it exactly the same as if you were standing straight this allows you to pull off some amazing lean flashes without have to compensate for what would happen in real life if you tried to lean and through it the same as if you were standing. The nade definitely would not go in the same place. basically if you lean to the left for example you should have to curve your grenade more to the right then if you were throwing without leaning in order to get it to land in the same spot. As for proning in aapg you can prone on anything even stairs and be able to aim where you want. In AA2 no matter where you proned you had restricted version of what you could aim at. Depending on where you were prone the amount you could aim at was either better or worse. Being able to slide down stairs is also ridic. There is many more things these are just 2 minor examples.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    The 2.5 version was chosen for a number of practical reasons, with Mac & Linux support being one of them (JonnyM, the original Assist developer, used to work on Linux).
    Derob6.jpg
  • wrath_of_grungewrath_of_grunge Posts: 9Player
    edited May 2016
    2.4 was the best version. 2.5 was similar and was pretty solid. really all the releases after 2.4 were good. 2.4 fixed a lot of issues that were introduced in 2.1 - 2.3.
  • RobinSageRobinSage Posts: 12Player
    cool
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    I started in 2.0.

2.3 was the best version in my time playing.

I don't remember the specifics, but I'm pretty sure 2.4 was the release that broke enough things that TWL froze the regular ladders and made 2.4 specific temp ladders.
  • dacoster90dacoster90 Posts: 38Player
    The game may be old but the maps are still pretty good. I mean, Courtyard, McKenna, Urban Assault, PCR, Weapons Cache and so on and on and on. Those are it, man! Top notch, best of the best ever played.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 676Player
    I don't remember which patch, but I liked AA2 before they started adding all the dumb maps maps like water treatment. Somewhere after SF launch, but before 2.8.5
  • dacoster90dacoster90 Posts: 38Player
    I don't remember which patch, but I liked AA2 before they started adding all the dumb maps maps like water treatment. Somewhere after SF launch, but before 2.8.5

Are you kidding me? SF Water Treatment was amazing! Hating Water Treatment is like hating puppies. Do you hate puppies Doogle?