Question about hit reg setting

Now im unsure if this is true. but i would like to know if we are still able to change the hit reg to server side vs client side.
J.Rizzo.jpg

Comments

• 13Cav.Kendmac13Cav.Kendmac Posts: 63Player
    Yes you can , its in the aagame.ini

bDefaultUseServerSideHitDetection=TRUE
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 540Beta Tester
    Yes, you can change the hitreg setting on your server. I don't know the ini line, can someone with more knowledge post it please?

Please don't ask which setting is better, unless you want to start the 87th round of the CSHD vs SSHD forum wars... :)
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • Thank you boys!
    J.Rizzo.jpg

• and nope thats all the information i needed :)
    J.Rizzo.jpg

• Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    I think the real question is: "Why do you want to reduce the quality of your server by choosing the objectively inferior hit detection setting?"
  • I think the real question is: "Why do you want to reduce the quality of your server by choosing the objectively inferior hit detection setting?"

Well to answer your question since i didn't fully state the reason why i'm asking this.

Because currently our server is on a client base hit reg and i would like to change it to server base so that way the quality is improved. theirs was talk through my chain of command in my unit that you were no longer able to change it. so i wanted to clarify
    J.Rizzo.jpg

• Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    I think the real question is: "Why do you want to reduce the quality of your server by choosing the objectively inferior hit detection setting?"

Well to answer your question since i didn't fully state the reason why i'm asking this.

Because currently our server is on a client base hit reg and i would like to change it to server base so that way the quality is improved. theirs was talk through my chain of command in my unit that you were no longer able to change it. so i wanted to clarify

You miss my point. CSHD is objectively better. Moving to SSHD will decrease your server's quality.
  • [SWISS]Merlin[SWISS]Merlin Posts: 141Player
    Hey.I.Have.A.Gun, why should that be better? With good internet speed, fast server, why? CSHD will bring only some advantige to some players, right? Or am i wrong?
    I remember, there was a thread about it, but still not clear for me.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Without going back into a topic we've covered many times before, CSHD is objectively better.
    The game was designed from the ground up for CSHD. Game improvements and optimizations were made for CSHD. Nearly every netcode improvement and fix was made for CSHD.

If SSHD was better that would be the default setting.

At the end of the day though, run your server as you please! That's why the option is there!

Just wanted to go ahead and shut down this debate before it has to happen for the 100th time on these forums :+1:
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    Without going back into a topic we've covered many times before, CSHD is objectively better.

What exactly? I get the "it was made for it" point but what in specific is better?

AAPG is good!
  • Tots,

Im not asking for a debate here.. all i was asking is if you can still change the value. since my question has been answered we no longer need this post

thank you
    J.Rizzo.jpg

This discussion has been closed.