problem with the "enter" key

inoxe.06inoxe.06 Posts: 1Player
hi all
i have a pb with my "enter" key . it doesn't work...
for example , when i write a text message in global text message , i can't finalize by pressing "enter"key .
i have to escape..
if someone have an idea ...
thanx before
++

Comments

• m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 581Moderator
    try to reset your controls
  • -=Gorilla=--=Gorilla=- Posts: 528Beta Tester
    You might have bound something to it not taking notice to it.
  • -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 82Player
    Like the others have said. If you use enter for any key whatsoever for controls you are no longer able to use chat.
    I’ve had this problem for well over a year as I use the enter key to jump.

Sadly arrow users are left with no options because of the way double binds work, though one could argue that the enter key being a double action key bind is wack!
    @TheTots

Is there any way to configure a way to allow the enter key to be an action bound key and be able to execute a chat message in game. Surely there has got to be something that can be done that is simple.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,275Developer
    I will have to check.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Remember when you used to be able to bind 2 things to 1 key lol. Then it was removed. I used to use it for fire and spot E.
  • Z0naGaming_Z0naGaming_ Posts: 413Player
    Remember when you used to be able to bind 2 things to 1 key lol. Then it was removed. I used to use it for fire and spot E.

Still have it, my left mouse button is Fire, Spot, and saying Hooah at the same time. :lol:
    76561198033407170.png
  • $corp!on$corp!on Posts: 1Player
    I have the same problem since the last update
    I am sure that was taken out to bind like that venom. Unless your using a hotkey outside from the game like how I use one for my WoW rotations? Guys I would check your binding on you AAInput. It should say <<<<Bindings=(Name="SpaceBar",Command="GBA_Jump")>>>>. This is located here C:\Users\owner\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Config
  • Z0naGaming_Z0naGaming_ Posts: 413Player
    I am sure that was taken out to bind like that venom.

It is, I made my mouse press and release 3 keys at the same time. With in the game it's not possible anymore, why they removed it I've no idea since you can do it anyway.
    76561198033407170.png
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,712Player
    venom.~LD` wrote: »
    [...] why they removed it I've no idea since you can do it anyway.

Why games incorporate AC I've no idea since you can cheat anyway. Just to put this into perspective.

Not being able to entirely restrict something isn't a valid reason to not limit something as good as you can if you feel like it needs to be limited.

I'm not sure about the timeline and I won't make the effort to check but since the game used to have that stupid 3d spotting and no cooldown for the spotting mechanic it seems rather fair to limit the keybinds abusing those. Who knows which change was made first but as of now I'd argue the keybind restriction indeed is not needed (anymore) but that's because of those 2 changes mentioned not because "you can do it anyway".
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,112Beta Tester
    Has the "ENTER" key changed in today's update? Can anyone test and give feedback on this please?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    I can check tonight but can I ask a silly question.
    Why would it change now?
    It wasn’t in the release notes and last I checked Tots said “he would have to check”, so with nothing in the release notes and no response from Tots in this thread why would anything change.
    edited October 2017
    Well....uh....I can't tell you. :)

It's not a silly question though. You're right, it's not in the notes.

However, I just bound the "ENTER" key to my nightvision just for a test. So it seems to work but I always like others to verify. :+1:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    The issue has never been whether or not you can bind the enter. The issue is that once you bind the enter key to any type of action it will no longer allow you to chat in game via text.

The enter key will no longer execute what you typed in chat.
    Oh. Sorry! Now I need to check a few things. Thanks, bud. I TOTALLY misread the public side of this.... :(
    ______

just went in game to test. You still cannot execute a text message in chat
    I seem to remember a bind fix that was done a long time ago that addressed the "text box ENTER key priority" thing.

So, it doesn't work now, but re-binding the Send Text thingy to another key DOES work, so if you use Enter for something, you use another key to send the chat. HOWEVER, if it's a normal alphanumeric key, it will append that with the text chat, before sending.

I tested "Right-ALT" to send the text and it worked.
    ______

TheTots wrote: »
    I will have to check.

any update?
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 445Player
    edited December 2017
    Soon.

Just as a curious lurker, what else do you want to bind Enter to? Unless you still play FPS's with the arrow keys