Game Update Notes (21 SEP 2017)

Comments

• -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 151Player
    still wondering why that map in particular made the cut.

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,483Player
    I think someone high up liked it =)
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
    they are both fairly easy to recreate , except for the sand visuals ,which looks good, just to much
    they are both fairly easy to recreate

Bogus answer. The community has been waiting awhile. I sure hope that is not the reason. While I am please with IC being added, Sandstorm is just confusing. I can think of 10 maps off the top of my head that I would have rather seen get added. I really hate to complain because I don't want to give the look that I am just complaining just to complain, but seriously. Want to bring back some buzz to the game? Lets see:
    • Pipeline
    • Mount McKenna
    • Urban Assault
    • Weapons Cache
    • Border

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,609Beta Tester
    -R@MPAGE- wrote: »
    still wondering why that map in particular made the cut.

What cut?

The way you say it, those are the only maps!

Are you asking why they were first? Couldn't it have just as easily been those would take the least work or something?

Why not celebrate for a change? The art and new gameplay required for Sandstorm is a great addition for the game FOR SOME PEOPLE.

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -=[DISF]=-Max-=[DISF]=-Max Posts: 241Player
    Rampage, Sandstorm is a masterpiece !! re-created very well. In aapg official aa2 map?? ... same to orgasm :)
    devs havent named what they are working on next they originally said 4 maps , as of yet you dont know the other 2 ,people who use the editor may have a clue to whats 1 of the next maps to be released ,

my opinion aa3 pipleine was better than aa2 one ,
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,483Player
    AA3 Impact

This was a great map but I am not sure if the dev's will add any from AA3.
    gKQ6BB2.png
    Keebler750 wrote: »

Couldn't it have just as easily been those would take the least work or something?

That's the problem..
    SeVn.Max wrote: »
    Rampage, Sandstorm is a masterpiece !! re-created very well. In aapg official aa2 map?? ... same to orgasm :)

..What?

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,065Moderator
    Want to bring back some buzz to the game? Lets see:
    • Pipeline
    • Mount McKenna
    • Urban Assault
    • Weapons Cache
    • Border
    Urban is already in the game, and the rest except Border is boring, so not much of a buzz(for me)

ss_4_frankof.png
  • I'd like to see suppressors brought back! :hurrah:
    Steve / 31Bravo
    Army Veteran
    NREMT-Paramedic
    edited September 2017
    all aa2/3 maps are available to play , (except all of altans because they are out of date )

game doesnt really need new maps to make it fun again ,it needs new content / game modes
    people like to blow stuff up ,
    Beer_Me only run umms ,theres great work been done by the comunity pushing the editor, to try and give the players fun good maps ,

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited September 2017
    people who use the editor may have a clue to whats 1 of the next maps to be released

Aint used the editor for ages but I just had to fire it up to see what I could see after reading that! cheers for the heads up lobo, I'm happy to have looked and at what I saw!
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

frankof wrote: »
    Want to bring back some buzz to the game? Lets see:
    • Pipeline
    • Mount McKenna
    • Urban Assault
    • Weapons Cache
    • Border
    Urban is already in the game, and the rest except Border is boring, so not much of a buzz(for me)

Officially*

When the maps are officially added, people don't have to go download it from the steam workshop. I know it sounds dumb, but nothing is worst then being in a server and having the server switch to a map that you don't have. That is how you easily kill the server.

I will agree with the new content is needed desperately, I just am skeptical that will actually happen. I remember Tots said awhile back that no major game updates will be happening except new maps, skins, and bug patches. Out of the three things mentioned I would have to say new maps is going to create the most buzz.
    edited September 2017
    shows how long ago you played umms rampage , cant join a server unless you download 1st, been like that for a long time ,(the old way was better when you could choose what you wanted to download)
    shows how long ago you played umms rampage , cant join a server unless you download 1st, been like that for a long time

Thought you could say just skip and play the map
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    I don't understand the love for Mount McKenna myself, but I'm down with more maps always. I'd rather they hold another contest, because we need more maps like Stone Ruins and some of the awesome maps that run on the BeerMe servers, but on official servers.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • -ew.raw--ew.raw- Posts: 175Player
    edited September 2017
    All that wind and foggy = Sandstrom!!!!! If you want to see and hear the enemies in other side of the map , dont play Sandstrom. I think thats how its meant to be, that you cannot hear/see that much in Sandstrom.

I like it how you can see ahead once in a while and then again you cant see sh*t! :)
    1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
    AA:PG 2015-
  • {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 207Player
    Are you going to add the two new maps to the great outdoors EU loop server? Would be great....

?
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    edited September 2017
    -ew.raw- wrote: »
    All that wind and foggy = Sandstrom!!!!! If you want to see and hear the enemies in other side of the map , dont play Sandstrom. I think thats how its meant to be, that you cannot hear/see that much in Sandstrom.

I like it how you can see ahead once in a while and then again you cant see sh*t! :)

I'd have to go back to the original, but I think the fog is a little more harsh in this version. I've also noticed myself getting shot by guys who were beyond my line of vision, not sure if it's just me or something to do with different gfx settings.

Insurgent camp IMO has too many long distance rifles without the M203. It makes it way too hard for the assault team to get near the building. Maybe if the assault team has really good snipers it may be a bit easier, but in the past a decent 203er would be able to keep the snipers at bay on the defense team. It created a better balance. Although if anything, the 203er had too many shots in the old version. It became a counting game of waiting out the 203er to finish all of his shots.

Also on INS Camp, I question that huge light spot on that the assault team looks into. Not sure the purpose of that. Is INS camp considered more of an assault favored map?

Overall both maps look great though. Quite faithful to the originals.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!