Solider Character's

When are they gonna add FEMALE Characters to the game. I love the game, but why do I have to be a male solider just to play it?

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    So you want OTHERS to see your player as a female? (Since in game you can't see yourself....)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Hey there!

When the game was in development female soldiers were not in combat roles.
    Just this year women began to enlist into the infantry in the US Army.
    This is something we would like to add in the future but currently, there are other planned items in the pipeline.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• SuicideDrugSuicideDrug Posts: 32Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    Hey there!

This is something we would like to add in the future but currently, there are other planned items in the pipeline.

interesting
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Hey there!

Oh my god. That's enough for me! I remember asking before and I think the reply was something like "women aren't in combat roles just yet" because Carter had just made the announcement. If this is even being considered, I'd be really happy. :)

Also, other planned items in the pipeline? Oh Tots...you know how to start the hype train. :)

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,048Moderator
    Whats the added value of a female character in game?
    In full combat gear they would look the same, and you cant really make the female character smaller like it would be in real life.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,460Player
    edited September 2017
    You need to ask yourself If we started off with just female characters in game would you be now asking for male characters and I think the answer is yes..
    But sorry frankof they will not add a dress to the uniform just for you =) =)
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 709Player
    edited September 2017
    if anything, change the face.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    So....Opfor AND US Army faces? Right now all Opfor faces are the same and you can only see 'friendly' faces as different.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Little known fact, there are no women in Czervania. The reproduce via mitosis.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

frankof wrote: »
    Whats the added value of a female character in game?
    In full combat gear they would look the same, and you cant really make the female character smaller like it would be in real life.

Nothing, I guess, but it would be neat to see us represented in this game, especially since women serve in the U.S military and now in combat roles (even though the game is "in training" which women participate in in real life).
    i9.doogle wrote: »
    if anything, change the face.

Honestly, that'd work enough. lol

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,048Moderator
    Nothing, I guess, but it would be neat to see us represented in this game, especially since women serve in the U.S military and now in combat roles (even though the game is "in training" which women participate in in real life).
    That i do agree upon, it would be nice, but you wont really be able to tell the difference in game.
    So outside of "nice", its a lot of work for nothing.
    (I see it like weapon skins, it dont change nothing)
    ss_4_frankof.png
    If AAPG does this, you run a small risk of going down the rabbit hole...how come XXXX minority isn't represented?

Prepare 3 or 4 faces of different skin tones. Pay Ms. Berry to scream HOOAH. Then never address character models again.
    frankof wrote: »
    That i do agree upon, it would be nice, but you wont really be able to tell the difference in game.
    So outside of "nice", its a lot of work for nothing.
    (I see it like weapon skins, it dont change nothing)

What do you think about the weapon skins? Do you like them? If so, it is just about the same thing. It would be just something extra that is cool to have as an option, especially for female gamers and female soldiers.
    If AAPG does this, you run a small risk of going down the rabbit hole...how come XXXX minority isn't represented?

Prepare 3 or 4 faces of different skin tones. Pay Ms. Berry to scream HOOAH. Then never address character models again.

It is a good thing as devs they wouldn't have to do anything outlandish or asinine but besides, what else would be missing? Pink elephants from Mars? :P I get what you mean though, I've seen it happen. It is a slippery slope unless people know when enough is enough. Adding women to a game that represents our military, in which women server and now in combat roles, shouldn't have lead the devs down that path though.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    I think the intention is good, but why waste their time. If we get an update once every umpteenth month, I'd want some harder hitting stuff.
  • DOMINATION.DOMINATION. Posts: 84Player
    Then there's the whole deal with having to balance the hitboxes with new character models...
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 585Beta Tester
    Then there's the whole deal with having to balance the hitboxes with new character models...

I don't think so. The enemy doesn't need female models and you are shooting at the enemy. So everyone can keep his/her old hitbox, because when you shoot at them, you see the enemy character, so hitreg doesn't need to be changed in any way.

Of course, if you intend to shoot the teammates, the hitboxes might be a bit off... But I don't think this should be a major concern. ;)
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    edited September 2017
    Hmmm, I'd have thought Womens chest hitbox would need to be a little bigger than that of Mens.. no?

Joking apart, I'd prefer they plough dev time/resources into new content rather than re-skin character models.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

That's true, there are more important things to do instead or first. If they have the time, sure, that'd be really cool, but if they don't have time or barely time to give us the weapon skins, maps etc then no...obviously a female model shouldn't be on the "list" of things to do. :)

ss_4_Root-Access.png
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 376Beta Tester
    Little known fact, there are no women in Czervania. The reproduce via mitosis.

LMAO B)
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• -R@MPAGE--R@MPAGE- Posts: 151Player
    I think the intention is good, but why waste their time. If we get an update once every umpteenth month, I'd want some harder hitting stuff.

x2