Devs plan for TK troll?

MaL___MaL___ Posts: 3Player
I would like to know how the Devs plan to combat trolling in this game. I read that vote to kick is unlikely for ps4 but it's seems to be the most effective way to counter trolls ruining games. It's not uncommon to see friendly fire and flash bang idiots at the start of the rounds. And it seem like the people who retaliate to defend themselves end up getting sent the jail before the actual team killers. IJS

Comments

  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Even though you may not think it, Votekicking can be used as a form of abuse too. It was removed for a long time in the PC version because people were getting kicked for various reasons, eg camping, playing too well to the point of annoying someone, and even when they were not doing anything wrong but said something someone didn't like..

    Would you like to be voted for kick.. for simply shooting someone, only for everyone else in the server to just blindly vote yes simply because they have that power? Is that not trolling too?

    Be careful what you wish for.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.






  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    I gotta admit it's very amusing to think votekick would work on PS4. You know, the platform that has severe maturity issues with TKs and team flashes. Surely they will make good and responsible use of that feature.
  • canonjoecanonjoe Posts: 9Player
    I hope something is implemented to deter teammates wounding me at the start of round. I think massive score penalties might help. -100 points for any kind of team damage, -500 for a team kill, -1000 for friendly fire in first 5-10 seconds of game. -1000 gets you kicked from server? I'm okay with losing rank if I accidentally shoot someone. For as rare as it happens. My ROE is high because I kill teammates for shooting me at the start of round. If I get kicked for doing it.. I don't care because I was playing every round handicapped anyways. And maybe have all grenades disabled for the first 5 seconds as well. Would be nice to have the team dispersed before a troll has the chance to blind all of us.

    Just my two cents. I will keep playing anyways.keep up the good work devs. :)
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    MaL___ wrote: »
    I would like to know how the Devs plan to combat trolling in this game. I read that vote to kick is unlikely for ps4 but it's seems to be the most effective way to counter trolls ruining games. It's not uncommon to see friendly fire and flash bang idiots at the start of the rounds. And it seem like the people who retaliate to defend themselves end up getting sent the jail before the actual team killers. IJS

    I'm guessing the only fix for now would be setting ROE limits to a very low value...
    Derob6.jpg
  • Pain-N-PanicPain-N-Panic Posts: 79Player
    I don't have an issue with how the tk penalties are measured out. If a player accumulates enough friendly fire damage, they either die themselves or get kicked and sent to jail. I like it.

    What I don't like is how after being sent to jail, the player can literally just back out to main menu and keep playing. It would be nice to give the offender a limited amount of time where they can't play any matches. If the offender continues to shoot friendlies, the time increases with each jail sentence.

    I ran into a tk'er last night. I killed him. The following two rounds I let him kill me because I didn't want to get kicked as I was playing with a buddy. The tk'er gets kicked from the game. The game ends and we load into the second map. Halfway through the game I spawn in and get killed by the SAME player who got kicked the previous game. He rejoined the server and continued to team kill.
  • SHANE523SHANE523 Posts: 69Player
    They should just implement Ricochet. End it there.
  • KirruKirru Posts: 49Player
    SHANE523 wrote: »
    They should just implement Ricochet. End it there.

    I agree. Do this and the players who actually want to play won't be at a disadvantage for the remainder of the round and eventually the TK'er will get the idea and stop, quit or be kicked from the server.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Design team is meeting to solve this.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

  • SHANE523SHANE523 Posts: 69Player
    Thanks Tots. I know Ricochet isn't "Realistic" but either way a death is a death.

    I don't know if this can be done, ricochet for the first 30-45 seconds and then team kills can happen so teams cannot take advantage of the ricochet system while in a more combative situation?

    I know, I know, I am asking a lot! :dizzy:
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 643Player
    SHANE523 wrote: »
    Thanks Tots. I know Ricochet isn't "Realistic" but either way a death is a death.

    I don't know if this can be done, ricochet for the first 30-45 seconds and then team kills can happen so teams cannot take advantage of the ricochet system while in a more combative situation?

    I know, I know, I am asking a lot! :dizzy:

    I think that's way too long of a time period. That's well past when you'll have enemy engagements on every map.

    PS4 is all 8v8, right? I can't see why rounds should be longer than 3.5 or 4 minutes at the most. That's a significant portion of the round.
  • Trevah92Trevah92 Posts: 7Player
    i just put up a post about this in the general discussions. id like to see something like rainbow 6 has, where after each offence you get banned from playing for a certain time, and the more you commit the offence the longer the ban time is. and if they dont take the hint ban them completly after 10 or so offences.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 643Player
    trevah82 wrote: »
    i just put up a post about this in the general discussions. id like to see something like rainbow 6 has, where after each offence you get banned from playing for a certain time, and the more you commit the offence the longer the ban time is. and if they dont take the hint ban them completly after 10 or so offences.

    To be honest I'm not at all familiar with Rainbow 6.

    What offenses count towards that system? All friendly fire? Friendly fire within so many seconds of start?
  • Pain-N-PanicPain-N-Panic Posts: 79Player
    trevah82 wrote: »
    i just put up a post about this in the general discussions. id like to see something like rainbow 6 has, where after each offence you get banned from playing for a certain time, and the more you commit the offence the longer the ban time is. and if they dont take the hint ban them completly after 10 or so offences.

    To be honest I'm not at all familiar with Rainbow 6.

    What offenses count towards that system? All friendly fire? Friendly fire within so many seconds of start?

    It takes into account all friendly fire, however, the system is more aggressive towards those who shoot teammates in the beginning of the round. After getting kicked from a few games for team killing, the game will ban the player for 15 minutes...the next ban is 30 minutes, then an hour then seven hours then 12, etc. The ban time just continues to grow.
Sign In or Register to comment.