Comments

• -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 373Beta Tester
    @-=MvC=-Gorilla

HOOAH Buddy!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    Those charts are made by CNN so be careful!! :p

I think this was, is, and always will be the best free FPS on the market, no other game has the community loyalty that AA franchise has always had, I been playing since November 2002, and yes it has gone up and down, but the main player base have been stead fast and true, and we always will be!!

I have faith this game on PC will continue to grow, and like what was already mentioned, it is summer, and some competitive FPS games have rolled out this year and people always want to try whats new. I see people all the time coming back after a few months of another game telling me the reason they miss AAPG is the community! Plus the game is awesome!!

Part of the problem, in my view, is that a lot of the developmental direction of AAPG has gone away from being competitive.

Silly "features" like suppression and exponentially increasing random recoil take skill out of the equation.
  • [kT]Dominus[kT]Dominus Posts: 85Player

I think this was, is, and always will be the best free FPS on the market, no other game has the community loyalty that AA franchise has always had, I been playing since November 2002, and yes it has gone up and down, but the main player base have been stead fast and true, and we always will be!!

I have faith this game on PC will continue to grow, and like what was already mentioned, it is summer, and some competitive FPS games have rolled out this year and people always want to try whats new. I see people all the time coming back after a few months of another game telling me the reason they miss AAPG is the community! Plus the game is awesome!!

Continue to grow? You mean continue to decline since AA2 died, right? PS4 really doesn't count until you give it some time and this thread was only meant for PC, whose loyal players these devs continue to fail. I wish I had 400 dollars to buy a console and play with these so called 3k other players but I don't
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,123Player
    edited August 2017

Game hasn't had a major update in like 2 years. I don't see people coming back in droves. Maybe if Sandstorm and other old maps are released at some point people will come back for the nostalgia, but until then, I don't see people coming back any time soon.

At this point AAPG will slowly dwindle and become a smaller and smaller base of players. You can look here and see that the trends haven't been good: http://steamcharts.com/app/203290

Maybe the PS4 version will take off and that's where the development focus will occur. The rest of us will wait and see if an AA5 will come out eventually and hope the series can come back from the dead. In today's gaming environment the two things that drive game popularity are streamability (is the game fun to watch? Do you have a good base of Twitch players willing to make this game their lives?) and competition. Hopefully the next game (if there is one) keeps those things in the forefront.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    "Player goes and plays other game. Doesn't understand why no one is playing the game he just left."

:rolleyes:
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 680Player
    It's not always fun playing with yourself. And it's definitely not fun only playing 1 map: inner hospital.
    We never play by ourselves, and most times your right I agree Inner only gets boring, however, as many people as I hear complaining about it, you could fill a dozen rotation servers. We have have so many dead servers in the community that rotate, so where are all those of you (including me) at? We are either complaining yet not playing, or complaining while playing Inner SMH!!! And you know it is true.

-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• [kT]Dominus[kT]Dominus Posts: 85Player
    Some players enjoyed 6v6 which is now completely dead, so when you play that you will not usually play on a full server. Used to be 3-4 servers full during peak hours just 6 months ago, now you play then so you can get a chance to fill the server up
    Buddy of mine and I go play on *M*A*S*H* or FNG11 all the time on BDX and sure enough people come along, we play, joke around and have fun.

Don't understand the whining from people with no patience who want to talk negative about this game to convince others not to play it, then blame the Devs.

Some people refuse to admit THEY are the problem.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Buddy of mine and I go play on *M*A*S*H* or FNG11 all the time on BDX and sure enough people come along, we play, joke around and have fun.

Don't understand the whining from people with no patience who want to talk negative about this game to convince others not to play it, then blame the Devs.

I see the same thing, if two or three of us get on a server before you know it, it fills up. I think the ones who complain need a slice of pizza and just play the game!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,441Player
    Our server has no official maps on only umm and its always full or almost full after 5pm uk time.
    Maybe players have finally had enough of inner =)
    gKQ6BB2.png

How are players the problem? That's such an absurd thing to say.

Come sit in a server with me and 2 other people. I've tried what you said, people just leave when they grow frustrated with 1) dying and 2) waiting for 10 other people.
    And you don't think 'being frustrated' is a problem people could learn to overcome? Since when is 'frustration' some kind of virtue?

Even with the games foibles, I still play and have fun. Did the Devs make that happen for me, but not you? How unfair!

What is an absurd thing to say is, "This game sucks! Hey! Where are all the players!?!"
    ______

And you don't think 'being frustrated' is a problem people could learn to overcome? Since when is 'frustration' some kind of virtue?

Even with the games foibles, I still play and have fun. Did the Devs make that happen for me, but not you? How unfair!

What is an absurd thing to say is, "This game sucks! Hey! Where are all the players!?!"

A lot of assumptions in that post. I have fun when I get the chance to play, otherwise I wouldn't play at all. Though the chances are getting slimmer as the player count and populated servers dwindle. I've never said the game sucks, so take that out of quotations.

But YOU'RE quote actually blames the players themselves, the same players who have had the patience you talk about since October 2013. Were you here then saying it's just a beta, just like you're here now blaming the player base?
  • -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 709Administrator
    Just to add but I Also have no issue filling a server. It could be that there are a lot of ppl on my steam list or it could be that I try to go the extra mile in making all the players feel welcome and engage in conversation and a few jokes. And when the player is new or skill level is not that great I even hold back. The only struggle is your first 4-6 people. If you can get them in and keep most of them happy and enjoying themselves they stay longer, and if they stay the start of the next game well 4-6 players become 6-12. :P You can keep trying and make friends that are interested in the same things you are (not hospital, bdx w.e) or you can try and try again and learn what works for you on filling a server and what does not. It is still not a 100%. There is time to time where I can sit in a server for 40 min and get nowhere and then try to look for a server where my friends are or the find best chances in a server I am looking for.
    edited September 2017
    I'm not saying you said that, Doogle. I'm generalizing the players who have choices to make, and CHOOSE to be negative. For example, Comp players who were stubborn about getting the game their way talked smack about this game constantly. If anyone believes for a second that all that negativity helped grow the game, <insert cliche here>

There's things I don't like about the game too, but I know that being a negative nancy only makes it worse.

I've seen a bit about what goes on behind the scenes, and...it is what it is.

I played tonight on GunR, and laughed myself silly. I'd say considering how much I paid for this, I got more than my money's worth AGAIN!!!
    ______

• Our server allways full. No problem filling iT up bdx And flo But we prefer bdx
  • -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 709Administrator
    After all this is not a build it they way we want it lol. Make a suggestion and leave it alone. No one is interested in hearing the same complaints that we already know. Make a good point on what you think is not going right, Don't be whiney or stomp your feet, or rude. It will be seen by the Devs. But that still does not mean that it will change. Most of you have been playing this game long enough to know how things move.
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player

There are both practical and technical reasons why growth is extremely hard to be seen in ANY recent FPS title (the market is overcrowded). Plus, AAPG is actually 4 years old by now.
    Derob6.jpg
    Why do Koden's posts never show up when I go to the thread?!
    ______