Low user count, no updates, no promised weapon skins, no official servers

So is there going to be anything done about this.. or should the rest of us give up on the games well?
image.png 63.1K

Comments

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,441Player
    I think the update will be put out as soon as they sort out authentication.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 713Player
    Well, it's normal to see a lower player count right now with these Auth issues..
  • -VI-ImaHustler-VI-ImaHustler Posts: 81Player
    edited August 2017
    So is there going to be anything done about this.. or should the rest of us give up on the games well?

I was just looking at it the other day. it's amazing to see how slowly but surely the player-base keeps getting smaller every month. if you look at all the record usually when there is a big update there is an increase in players but it always keep declining afterward

full record can be found here
    http://steamcharts.com/app/203290
  • SHANE523SHANE523 Posts: 69Player
    I thought those Steam numbers would be higher. I wish we could see the PS4 side but I doubt that will ever happen.
  • -ew.raw--ew.raw- Posts: 173Player
    You cant compare these past 3 months because it was summertime..
    1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
    AA:PG 2015-
  • SHANE523SHANE523 Posts: 69Player
    I am surprised that the PC was never more than 3K at any given time over the past few years.

This is a quote from TheTots
    "We're looking at ~40k+ unique PS4 players daily and 3-7k on at any given time"

To me, that is amazing and should show where their priority should be. It sucks for PC users but when the PC peak was 2100 over years (peak was 3100 in 2013) and they are getting 3-7k on the PS4 it makes sense.

Maybe I am reading the Steam charts wrong but that is how I see it.
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    On PC, America's Army attempts to fill that niche of "tactical shooter" where it's not as faced paced as the COD or BF games, yet not as slow as Arma. However, it's got heavy competition now days with games such as Insurgency, Squad, Black Squad, and several hundred others low cost/free titles available on Steam.

On the other hand, the PS4 has a limited range of games, and not many titles fill that "tactical shooter" void. It makes sense that it would be performing well, just look at all the Socom players looking for a new home. There's a real opportunity here.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • -=HELL=-sneakyrat-=HELL=-sneakyrat Posts: 50Player
    Its summer guys Also people are on vacation
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
  • CaterPCaterP Posts: 190Developer
    Update "coming soon" :)
  • -=HELL=-sneakyrat-=HELL=-sneakyrat Posts: 50Player
    Hoda
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,187Player
    CaterP wrote: »

That old chestnut.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• [kT]Dominus[kT]Dominus Posts: 85Player
    -ew.raw- wrote: »
    You cant compare these past 3 months because it was summertime..

But you can compare it, because the decline is over years, not seasons. Look at the real website yourself...
  • [kT]Dominus[kT]Dominus Posts: 85Player
    CaterP wrote: »

Honestly a lot of people would just like to see the weapon skins for a bit... it can't be that hard to update, it was already put in on PS4
  • L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 713Player
    SHANE523 wrote: »
    To me, that is amazing and should show where their priority should be. It sucks for PC users but when the PC peak was 2100 over years (peak was 3100 in 2013) and they are getting 3-7k on the PS4 it makes sense.

You can't compare these numbers yet, over the years we had a lower number overall but those numbers are hardcore AA players that are loyal to this day. PS4 release is new, lets just wait till a year is past and then we will take this discussion serious.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 641Player
    L0rdDamian wrote: »
    SHANE523 wrote: »

You can't compare these numbers yet, over the years we had a lower number overall but those numbers are hardcore AA players that are loyal to this day. PS4 release is new, lets just wait till a year is past and then we will take this discussion serious.

When the bottom end of the PS4 average players on at a time is equal to the single day all-time peak on PC, it's safe to say there's really no comparison. Especially since the PS4 release is officially NA only at this point.
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,123Player
    Seems like the biggest drop in peak players came with PUBG's rise to fame. I tend to see a large percentage of the AAPG players on my friends list playing that these days.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,054Player
    Don't believe the stats for pc player base on pc it's more than said in these posts. My recent maps are only on a couple of servers and heading to and over 2k .
    Yes it has dropped but not all the fault of updates or non updates.
    Releases of other games have an impact too .
  • -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy-[U|S|A]-DannyBoy Posts: 373Beta Tester
    edited August 2017
    Those charts are made by CNN so be careful!! :p

I think this was, is, and always will be the best free FPS on the market, no other game has the community loyalty that AA franchise has always had, I been playing since November 2002, and yes it has gone up and down, but the main player base have been stead fast and true, and we always will be!!

I have faith this game on PC will continue to grow, and like what was already mentioned, it is summer, and some competitive FPS games have rolled out this year and people always want to try whats new. I see people all the time coming back after a few months of another game telling me the reason they miss AAPG is the community! Plus the game is awesome!!
    One day I will graduate noob school!!!
    -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy!!

• -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 709Administrator
    Well said -[U|S|A]-DannyBoy. Hooah!