Operation Overmatch, New Game

https://www.defense.gov/News/Article/Article/1286948/army-seeks-gamers-input-to-help-shape-future-force/

Interesting..... Im going to hold back any speculation. Could be interesting, like a world of tanks

Comments

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    edited August 2017
    Guess the cat's out of the bag. There's not much I'm free to say at this time, but I'll say what I can.

The game is player v player vehicle based combat. We may be adding in more, like ground troops, but that is not certain.
    We are using Unreal Engine 4 and working closely with multiple groups within the Army to make a realistic tank simulator to test out near-future vehicle prototypes.

We are in what I hesitate to even call early Alpha at this point. This is going to be a multi-year effort in terms of development.

Core PG team will still work on PG. It is not being abandoned in favor of this new game.

EDIT: While there is a sign up page, you will not be able to get access yet. That is for DOD/Army only, All requests sent there are vetted and hand selected for them only.

Here are a few (EARLY NON FINAL) in game assets so you can kind of see what we're doing!

2rsqjvqcul51.jpg
    55trdb6kwc82.jpg
    t9dwucypofb4.png
    b4yicp3cpwt7.png
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 720Player
    edited August 2017
    Hope it works out. But there's that other massive tank multiplayer to compete with, and it's free. I'm not I'm pressed by the marketing of anything related to Army Game since..well since AA1 and 2 really.

Seems to me like this type of game may not get the cult following AA1-4 gained. Is t his going to be geared towards a more casual game play?
  • {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 207Player
    i9.doogle wrote: »
    Release date: 2024

Hahahahaha, this was a good one....
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    The game is player v player vehicle based combat. We may be adding in more, like ground troops, but that is not certain.
    We are using Unreal Engine 4 and working closely with multiple groups within the Army to make a realistic tank simulator to test out near-future vehicle prototypes...

Unreal Engine 4... What the PC AAPG community has been wanting.

Tots, you have to push the ground troops part of the game. It's one of the core aspects of the franchise. It's all up to you.

Here's hoping for a map maker as well.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
    This is not an "America's Army" branded title. This is a different game from a different part of the Army.
    As you know we make sims for all sorts of groups in the Army, this is just one of the first the public is going to see and get involved with.

• DOMINATION.DOMINATION. Posts: 84Player
    Its different. Looking forward to it. Hope this doesn't mean PG is the last of the Americas Army titles though. The Devs could follow the same pattern and give us prototype weapons for AAPG......
  • -hyperlite--hyperlite- Posts: 104Player
    Is this where the "people's choice" developer Mathew Roberts went?
    There never was a Mathew Roberts. Dev Doc was a sophisticated bot compiled from a mixture of Beyonce and John Carmack.

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    SHINY!
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 649Player
    the next series would be the navy and airforce , lmao
    ps4 linked directly to robot soldiers going into battle ,
  • CrushmasterCrushmaster Posts: 501Player
    i9.doogle wrote: »
    Release date: 2024

Hahahahaha, this was a good one....
    AA5 in 2031, maybe? Exciting times!
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,161Player
    This is the only tank simulator I need:
    9qcYD.png
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,608Beta Tester
    Whiplash!! I remember that! :D
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • MaOs^MaOs^ Posts: 5Player
    edited August 2017
    Looks dope.!

Be carefully at the moment you decide the stats of how shells penetrate armor, that's critical for this kind of game, a reason why I stopped playing the other tank free-to-play game we all know. Nobody likes that in the end, the success in the game depends more on luck than skill.
    The way shells behave with armor in our game is 1 to 1 the way they do in real life. Armor behaves as it does in real life just like the rounds. Some rounds just can't hurt some tanks. Some rounds will kill a tank in one shot.

We're making this as accurate as is possible with modern technology. Top level subject matter experts in all aspects of tanking are checking every last detail as we go along.

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    I'll definitely check it out if or whenever it comes around. Maybe it'll get huge support and will justify ground troops, too. :)

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
    The pre-alpha teaser trailer just went up if anyone is interested

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,608Beta Tester
    Oh yeah!!! Nicely done!!! ....I hope I get to play it one day..... :wink: :)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,065Moderator
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Oh yeah!!! Nicely done!!! ....I hope I get to play it one day..... :wink: :)
    Soon™

ss_4_frankof.png
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    I have this weird thing where anything that's free interests me :lol:

I couldn't help but notice that the Czervernian lion is used on a building in the map.. can we assume the game at least has ties to the AA:PG storyline.. If nothing else? Or maybe it's just that your making use of assets to hand?

I was thinking it would be kinda cool if you tied it all together somehow in the same virtual world.. AA:PG depicting the ground forces and Operation Overmatch taking care of the vehicular combat. Both methods ultimately resulting in the end of the conflict in Czervernia.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.