First Impressions from a PC AAPG player

ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
I finally had a chance to try out the PS4 version of AAPG. To give a little background, our team iNvaders, won the most amount of championships on the competitive North American PC side of things. All of us have practically gone to new titles, but my curiosity got the best out of me when at a friend's house this weekend, with a PS4 readily available.

Things started off a bit sour, with us unable to play because of the plaguing authentication issues. However, this will likely be a temporary problem. Game-play wise, the 8v8 format worked out alright. A little bit more chaotic than our standard 6v6, but definitely less aggravating than the 12v12 larger map format. The ability to mute players was straight forward, as I used it many times on the chatty 10 year olds.

Options I would like to see is the ability to disable aim assist. I understand it makes things more difficult for the uninitiated, but having it enabled as default, with the ability to disable under options would be highly welcomed for veteran players. The ability to lean would also be nice with an additional trigger enabler.

A more coherent progression system would be a breath of fresh air, us PC players only played for additional skins in-game. However, in the console world, the ability to further customize your weapon/character aesthetically should keep players motivated. We always said having additional weapons that were less efficient than the primary M4A1 would provide nice variety while not providing any sort of advantage. Another feature that could be useful is some sort of battle planner incorporated along with Fireteams. This is an old feature of a previous America's Army, but it kept players in focus towards a common objective, instead of the current everyone do whatever you want gamestyle that plagues the PC version as well.

In all, I remain optimistic on the PS4 version of the game. It has brought forth a lot of momentum to the franchise, ad can hopefully keep it unlike it's PC counterpart.
Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
FGNL Season 1 Champions
FN Season 2 & 4 Champions

Comments

• Pain-N-PanicPain-N-Panic Posts: 79Player
    Interesting to hear a PC players perspective. The game has definitely taken off on PS4, at least to an extent I don't believe the devs initially expected.

I relate to your take on aim assist...I played csgo daily on PC for two years and went from that to rb6 siege on PS4. Neither title included aim assist at all, not even an option. I didn't mind one bit.

I feel the aim assist, after the last patch, is very well balanced. So much to the point that I hardly ever notice it...it just feels natural.

I like to win. Every gun fight, every round. I like to give every advantage to myself to secure that win. If aim assist becomes an option, I am sure there will be those who turn it off. I certainly won't be one of them but it seems that's a desire of a lot players and I'm definitely alright with the devs adding it as a selective feature.
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 637Player
    Options I would like to see is the ability to disable aim assist. I understand it makes things more difficult for the uninitiated, but having it enabled as default, with the ability to disable under options would be highly welcomed for veteran players. The ability to lean would also be nice with an additional trigger enabler.

I disagree on adding the ability to lean. As someone who frequently leans in the PC version, I think the game would be better without it. I generally lean if I'm try to play an angle. I don't generally use it to quick peek people, which is the part of lean I find to be broken and could do without.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    Solid feedback Dragon, thanks for trying it out.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

TheTots wrote: »
    Solid feedback Dragon, thanks for trying it out.

How about removing lean from PC? ;-)
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    I would fear for my safety
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

TheTots wrote: »
    I would fear for my safety

Compromise! Remove supported positions. :-D
  • Medic4youMedic4you Posts: 30Player
    I want lean & yes there isnt much to unlock here on ps4 also alot of gun challenges like kill 7 in 1 round r let over from pc sure it can be done n has but theres only 8 players now i d like 4 challenges to b adapted or more players added back if i kill er1 they leave
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    edited August 2017
    A few additional thoughts that occurred to me throughout the day.

I was happy to see supported position removed from the PS4 version. Getting into a game was quick and painless, I really enjoyed the map rotation and how everyone got to experience most maps with different playstyles. The only con in this regard came when people insisted on playing Springstreet three times in a row, perhaps a limit might be needed.

I've read some outcry regarding private matches, especially for the competitive players. I can totally empathize with these sentiments, as anyone whos been active on these forums for a significant amount of time knows the heated debates that went on in regards to competitive features. With that said, i'm sure they will come in time.

I've already gotten 3 friends of mine to try out the game, and they tell me they love it. It's a great feeling knowing close friends of mine are enjoying a title that I've cherished for so long. I can only hope their interest remains for some time.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions